1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fifth Element - Remastered Edition

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by yatesd, Aug 9, 2002.

1. yatesd

yatesd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I bought this the other day (Region 2, German version - has english DTS ES) and when watching the DTS ES version, standard control functions (Pause, Audio, Memory) all stop working.

Obviously this is most annoying as can't even seem to return to menu and then return to film, so there is no way to pause whilst watching.

Question is is this my player or is this a known problem with the disc.

Anyone got any ideas???

Thanks,

Dave.

2. Brad_Porter

Brad_Porter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like the encoding on the disk to be honest - cant believe it would be the DVD player if all your other disks work O.K.

3. KAO

KAO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the very same German disk and I've never had a problem. Could be a disc/player interaction problem? I've got a Pioneer 626.

4. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    some of the early R2 (UK?) discs had HIGH jitter outside specs and needed to be done. They would not play on many players (626 did work). Don't know about this German disc as it about the only version of Fifth Element I don't have! :blush:

If it is a jitter problem again it is all doen to the player and even ones in spec might not work.:(

5. MartinImber

MartinImber

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    he first pressing played up on my 715 as well

6. yatesd

yatesd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the responses, guys.

I have since tried many other discs without problems hence cutting out the firmware change I did as the problem.

Guess it is an interaction issue. Guess it will be back on Ebay and try and find a version that works better for me, as it is too annoying when the phone rings and a stop and restart takes 3/4 minutes.