Fifth Element 2 disc SE, should I bother?

D

DaveP

Well, I've got the original release and I've got the Superbit. Extras asside, is it worth me buying this on PQ alone?

The blurb says it is recorded at the "optimum" bitrate, is this better or worse, or the same as Superbit bitrate?

Thanks

Dave

Dave - no -apart from the quality of the dvd it's got to be in my top 10 of worst films ever made. Sorry.

I also have the Superbit, but intend to get this 'cheap' sometime as I'd be interested in seeing the extras.
Won't be long before it's available for £7/8.
From what I've read, the superbit is still the best dvd presentation of the film.

rags; If you feel that way about the film, then obviously it isn't worth getting any version of it.

Guys only having a laugh but I really didnt like the film - i'm probably in the minority though.

DaveP
The PQ is awful compared to the superbit version - stick with that. Main problem is dreadful edge enhancement and subsequent loss of detail.

Thanks guys, I'll wait for it to be in the Bargain Bin!

Dave

Id have snapped this film up years ago if not for one major problem with the title.

CHRIS TUCKER (( hope u never noticed me changing that lol ))

Note to director, do a special edition and replace Chris Rock with Jar Jar Binks from Star Wars as Mr Binks is LESS irritating.

Chris Rock isn't in the The Fifth Element, Chris Tucker is.

Er, I disagree. Binks should be erased from the next lot of SW special ultimate edtions (bound to come out if lucas is feeling the pinch) but erasing Chris Tucker would be a lot harder as IMO him & willis almost pull off a one off sci-fi comedy double act - don't ask me to make comparisons, I thought they were funny working together.

BTW I own both a R1 superbit & a french R2 copy of this film, the former walks all over the latter IMO....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom