Fifa06

luke_1983uk

Established Member
Reaction score
First off this is a great game. I was excited to get the game a day before release so as soon as i got it home i took it on xbox live to see what the play is like. I was gutted to find the game is VERY VERY laggy! and its not my connection coz all other games work perfect and i tried it out a few times and all i kept gettin was an extremely laggy game of football? I think EA will need to sort this out,fast. Anyone else experienced this?

Also is it me or is it extremely easy to score from crosses?

Thanks

luke_1983uk said:
First off this is a great game.

Don't you dare swear at me! :mad:

PooonTang said:
Don't you dare swear at me! :mad:

It's okay. It's okay. Some people don't know any better. Take two pads, an Xbox and a copy of ProEvo 4 and call me in the morning. :)

Played this today and while the presentation is good, the actual game is still poor IMO

Roll on PES5

rmg said:
This is 720P right? Even the PAL version?

**** game tho apparently.

Yep, I can confirm that this game does indeed run at 1280x720 and it looks fantastic although there is slowdown unfortunately in some of the replays when there's lots of depth of field and bloom effects in use. The high-resolution makes the menus and fonts look super-crisp and sharp and the extra resolution means that the players look more detailed in game. After playing the game in 720p it's difficult to go back and play it in 480p. Oddly enough the game still has slowdown in 480p (in fact it felt like there was more slowdown but that can't be right can it?) so there's no real advantage to running it in that mode.

As for the game itself, it's excellent. EA have changed the way it plays and it takes time to get used to it. The ball no longer sticks to your feet and it's much harder to keep possession of the ball. Goals are much trickier to score and seem more varied than the earlier games. With an improved Management (read: Career) mode that spans 15 years and allows you to pick ANY team from ANY league to play except for the top six in each of the top leagues it really is a worthy sequel this year.

I can't wait to see what the Xbox 360 version will be like. I'm going to trade this version in on launch day and pick it up.

Lorenzini said:
Noticed its getting very average reviews again... October 21st isn't far off now!

Since when has 7/10 (Eurogamer.net), 80% (XboxWorld360), 8.5/10 (Official Xbox Magazine) and 8.3 (Cube Magazine) been considered average?!? :confused:

Fair enough, it's not going to attract the scores that Pro Evo Soccer 5 will undoubtedly get and it's fair to say that Konami's game is the better one but I think it's a tad harsh to write off FIFA 06 as average when the reviews aren't saying that at all.

Doctor Hades said:
Since when has 7/10 (Eurogamer.net), 80% (XboxWorld360), 8.5/10 (Official Xbox Magazine) and 8.3 (Cube Magazine) been considered average?!? :confused:
Look at the average score a magazine/website gives out, and see how it compares. I've never read XboxWorld360 and Cube so I can't comment on them, but OXM are notorious for their bias, especially when reviewing MS endorsed products - of which FIFA is one. Eurogamer in fact is probably the only one of the sources I would consider reliable from your list, and 7/10 while being just above the average of 6 (think about it!) is hardly going to set the world on fire. I would be very surprised if either Edge or Games TM rate above 6 or 7 either. Its the same every year.

It's just not good enough that such a renowned franchise is prostituted year-on-year to the ignorant. EDIT: I'm not saying that everyone who buys this is ignorant (I have picked up the odd one from time to time myself), but just that its marketing that sells it, not the gameplay. I only hope Konami doesn't go the same way, and that there is a significant improvement from Pro Evo 4 to 5, as there are several areas where Pro Evo could improve. :lease:

IMHO fifa isn't as good as pro evo any more, but the serious flaws in pro evo such as keeper ai and ball watching ai controlled players really infuriates me with pro evo, so much so that i couldn't play it any more.

Not to mention that pro evo is woeful on xbox live.

Lorenzini - 5/10 is average not 6/10! 6/10 is above average and 7/10 is bordering on good. ;)

Any tips?

I have never played this before and get my arse kicked.

Does anyone have any good tips for me before it goes back to the shop?

Doctor Hades said:
Lorenzini - 5/10 is average not 6/10! 6/10 is above average and 7/10 is bordering on good. ;)

There's only two magazines that stick to that scale; GamesTM and Edge. For every other magazine 6/10 or 70% is considered an average score, if you worked it out mathematically I'm sure you'd find this was the case. It seems like there's going to be 3 Fifa games released within a year of the 360's launch (they've just announced a World Cup edition apparentley) any series that does that doesn't deserve anyone's cash imo.

Games Guru said:
IMHO fifa isn't as good as pro evo any more, but the serious flaws in pro evo such as keeper ai and ball watching ai controlled players really infuriates me with pro evo, so much so that i couldn't play it any more.

Not to mention that pro evo is woeful on xbox live.

It's the same for both sides though and if you're at a standard where you can consistently exploit things like the post bug they you're one hell of a player! Ball watching players are easily sorted with super cancel, which takes them out of their pre programed route and gives you full control.

Besides WE9 has much better keepers and it's a much improved game over WE8/PES4. I agree that the live side was a let down but if you play with people on your friends list (who follow the required settings for online play and don't cheat) then you can have some great online games. I know that i've used my live subs for little else than PES4 (and a bit of forza).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom