FIFA World Cup Bid report

loz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Could they have messed this up any more?

First they clear Russia and Qatar of any wrong doing (which may be true), but then accuse England of it. (FIFA really do dislike England don't they?)

But then the Lawyer who ran the investigations says

the report "contains numerous materially incomplete and erroneous representations".

BBC Sport - Fifa report 'erroneous', says lawyer who investigated corruption claims

If they thought this report would put an end to it, they clearly got that wrong...

Whitewash and they must think that the fans are dumb to believe it. This may change as I heard the FBI is opening an investigation. I'm sure Sepp won't be able to hoodwink them or mabye not.:laugh:

Last edited:
I haven't had a chance to read about this yet. Was this FIFA doing their own investigation into themselves, or was it a proper independent enquiry?

Probably more independent than FIFA would have liked, given the hatchet job they have done on whats been published

FIFA anti-English shocker .. Mr slight of hand Blatter.. of course Qatar and Russia won it fair and square .. well at least that is what the delegates insured once they got there lovely present's .. nothing underhand at all ... 100% legit.. how could anyone think otherwise.

Oh no, Russia isn't corrupt...
Or is that by FIFA standards?

I haven't had a chance to read about this yet. Was this FIFA doing their own investigation into themselves, or was it a proper independent enquiry?
My interpretation is a lawyer did an investigation, Fifa then picked the bits they liked and made a report out of it ignoring the rest. Not suspicious at all that everything to do with Russia's bid was on leased computers that have been destroyed

From another blog.

"Nice diversionary tactics by Dyke. Does he intend answering any questions regarding the England bid team courting Jack Warner? Oh, hang on, Dyke will never be asked any questions about that by any English journalist, and certainly not by the BBC Sport “John Bull” brigade. Or how about asking Mr Garcia whether his report contained any criticism of the England bid? Again, a question that the media will not ask, because the FA have dealt with the matter completely already, as follows-

An FA statement read: “We do not accept any criticism regarding the integrity of England’s bid or any of the individuals involved.” Indeed- they will only accept criticism of others, but they are, as always, perfect. Talk about cherry picking a report!

Makes me feel pretty queasy, in fact. A touch of the “greasy Johnny Foreigner never to be trusted, straight backed Englishman can do no wrong” crap that filled the comics of my formative years. Have we moved on at all? I do sometimes wonder."

From another blog.

"Nice diversionary tactics by Dyke. Does he intend answering any questions regarding the England bid team courting Jack Warner? Oh, hang on, Dyke will never be asked any questions about that by any English journalist, and certainly not by the BBC Sport “John Bull” brigade. Or how about asking Mr Garcia whether his report contained any criticism of the England bid? Again, a question that the media will not ask, because the FA have dealt with the matter completely already, as follows-

An FA statement read: “We do not accept any criticism regarding the integrity of England’s bid or any of the individuals involved.” Indeed- they will only accept criticism of others, but they are, as always, perfect. Talk about cherry picking a report!

Makes me feel pretty queasy, in fact. A touch of the “greasy Johnny Foreigner never to be trusted, straight backed Englishman can do no wrong” crap that filled the comics of my formative years. Have we moved on at all? I do sometimes wonder."
Perhaps you should move to Russia or Qatar then. No prejudices in those counties. Think how free you would feel to express your opinions

apart from triessman, the FA complied with the requests from Garcia i think, hence why they are getting shit over mulberry handbags , dinner for Jack walker and hosting an u21 team . If you kept your mouth shut, nothing happened.

This stretched a bit further than England, the US and Australia are pissed off too

It'll be interesting to see where this goes next, not saying England are blameless in all this but to say there was nothing dodgy elsewhere but blame the nations they have, I'm fairly sure all nations do some sucking up to the panel. A crazy way to do it though, if your going to omit truths at least cover up the guy who did the report so he doesn't do exactly what has happened. Hopefully this goes beyond just Greg dyke having a moan and some action gets taken

From another blog.

What a load of rollocks .. we English may not be the most honest of people .. but we are miles ahead of the likes of Qatar and Russia and Blatter and the Fifa delegates when it comes to honesty and integrity.. by the way I thought Alex Samond had retired .. taken up writing blogs on football now.. also was Dyke around in regard to the bid.

What a load of rollocks .. we English may not be the most honest of people .. but we are miles ahead of the likes of Qatar and Russia and Blatter and the Fifa delegates when it comes to honesty and integrity.. by the way I thought Alex Samond had retired .. taken up writing blogs on football now.. also was Dyke around in regard to the bid.

2 wrongs don't make a right. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

2 wrongs don't make a right. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
In what regard .. that we have been caught .. where as Qatar and Russia bids are DAZ white.. if you believe that mate .. I hate to break it to you but Father Xmas will not be calling on 25/12/2014 .

In what regard .. that we have been caught .. where as Qatar and Russia bids are DAZ white.. if you believe that mate .. I hate to break it to you but Father Xmas will not be calling on 25/12/2014 .

Shit no father xmas, who's going to deliver my extened mag and red dot sight for my AR15?

I'm sure there is more traction in regard to Russia/Qatar, especially if the FBI are rumored to be getting involved.

Greg dyke is on newsnight now, he doesn't look that comfortable when being grilled over the fa's actions and deferring to the other countries and going back to the report.

Bit harsh for them to spring in the ched Evans thing at the end though, he wasn't prepared for that to come up

Greg dyke is on newsnight now, he doesn't look that comfortable when being grilled over the fa's actions and deferring to the other countries and going back to the report.

He may well look uncomfortable, but do you think the head of the Russian or Qatar FA is going to be facing a grilling on their equivalent of Newsnight? I guess they have been proved totally faultless by FIFA, so why should they...:rolleyes:

The allegations around the FA and uncle Jack Warner are very plausible. Wasn't the whole match and tour in Trinidad and Tobago not a FIFA sanctioned game or alike? I only remember it for it being Joe Hart's unofficial debut, the game had an unofficial status in the eyes of FIFA. Warner truly was like some colonial despot we pandered to, but did so at least openly and bluntly.

Until the FBI or other official body can bring forth a verdict with an impact on FIFA commercial partners, such as Adidas, coke etc, the organisation will remain immune from prosecution. The "peoples game" they say.

The allegations around the FA and uncle Jack Warner are very plausible. Wasn't the whole match and tour in Trinidad and Tobago not a FIFA sanctioned game or alike? I only remember it for it being Joe Hart's unofficial debut, the game had an unofficial status in the eyes of FIFA. Warner truly was like some colonial despot we pandered to, but did so at least openly and bluntly.

Until the FBI or other official body can bring forth a verdict with an impact on FIFA commercial partners, such as Adidas, coke etc, the organisation will remain immune from prosecution. The "peoples game" they say.
Can i point out we did not win the bid.. It was supposed to investigate whether or not Qatar and Russia won the right to stage the WC by fair means or fowl .. not to prove that England may have been corrupt yet still failed to win.. If anyone who believes that Qatar and Russia won without resorting to bribery.. Please leave your name and address.. as I have bottles of West Country fresh air for sale at ÂŁ20 each.

I was just reading this:-

BBC Sport - Fifa corruption report: Judge 'surprised' at Garcia criticism

The last couple of paragraphs are funny:-

Meanwhile, the man who led the technical bid inspections into the 2018 and 2022 World Cups is under investigation by Fifa for allegedly breaching its code of ethics.

Harold Maynes Nicholls, a Chilean national who is considering standing against Sepp Blatter in next year's Fifa presidential election, is under scrutiny for his links with a Qatari sporting academy.

Why is it that anyone considering standing against Sepp Blatter is very quickly publicly discredited and even at times finds themselves in trouble with the law!

It really is hilarious.

It would be if it didn't pay them.

Can i point out we did not win the bid.. It was supposed to investigate whether or not Qatar and Russia won the right to stage the WC by fair means or fowl .. not to prove that England may have been corrupt yet still failed to win.. If anyone who believes that Qatar and Russia won without resorting to bribery.. Please leave your name and address.. as I have bottles of West Country fresh air for sale at ÂŁ20 each.

My post was certainly not a way to deflect criticism from the obviously corrupt bids of Qatar and Russia. We English managed to do our sordid little deals in a good old fashioned, bungled way that is almost supremely British and far behind the times and subterfuge required for the modern sporting world.

We (as in the FA) have lost the art of international "diplomacy" to such an extent that we cannot get any momentum behind us to bring down such a blatantly morally bankrupt leadership of the game. Blatter will get his third term without any real challenge, simply as all the candidates around him fall to the lures of easy money (Warner, bin-Homman) whereas Blatter appears to be truly in love with the power rather than suitcases stuffed with petrodollars.

The sad part of this is that a countries like Russia, or Qatar in combination with other Arabian/Emerati states (also add in Australia to this equation) likely do deserve a shot at hosting a World Cup. We can easily sit here and criticize FIFA, but it can, and does do, alot of good work in poorer countries and does not pander to the will of the old world powers as other organisations may.

FIFA is mainly at fault for a total and systematic hatred of transparency, and the greed/corruption/cronyism in ExCo. This is again likely true of many large organisations, but particularly galling to we British, as we consider ourselves the moral guardians and forefathers of the game, and only see a seedy bunch of petty thieves running a global industry that has the potential to bring joy and relief to billions of people worldwide.

Do 'we british' all act like that?
You, as usual, presume.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom