Fifa World Cup 2006 - Ea

Cowden_harley

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Check It Out!

Looks like EA have maybe listened the players are a lot less glossier and a bit more proportioned.

It is guaranteeed to be overpriced but may be worth a look.

Konami is now 2 games behind, its finger out time for them, the need to at least release some media to prove their genious or EA is going to win back some fans.

Please dont let this thread become a EA vs Konami row folks.....

Let's hope they've sorted out the framerate issues in replays, allow replays in online matches and show the ping of your online opponent so you can avoid lag.

Great yet more rubbish annual crap from Ea. Im willing to be its the same game as RTWC but with different stadiums and the teams that have properly qualified :thumbsdow:

Cant believe people fall for this every single time but hell its not my money :devil:

Can you guess what games i like to play ;)

Oh great - so EA will charge another £50 for a tourney that should have been included in the first release - talk about trying to rip off gamers!!

Just wait for the FIFA 2006 Road Back Home After The World Cup!

I appreciate what you are both saying EA are a bandwagon company, selling at every opportunity but I got RTWC on the cheap of a mate on here and will attempt to do so with WC 2006 also, thus for me not being such a rip off.

RTWC is ok for a bash at next gen football imo

RTWC should have been a hell of a lot better. If the new one is an improvement in the online department then I'll get it, if not I won't. It will pass the time untill 360 PES comes.

The ea soccer games (because they aint footy) just seem like a poor mans PES. im not starting a "flame war" its just if they just went back to basics and cut all the flashy :censored: then maybe they would command some more respect instead of being a money grabbing so and so. I mean baseing a football game on an ice hockey engine, your asking for trouble from the off.

That would be ideal. As per another thread the Fifa license is up for grabs again this year so I'll keep my fingers crossed that Konami can do it. Dont hold out much hope though.

Really could do with some screenshots of next gen PES to wet the appetite.

Kopite mate you have a line missing from your signature, would you like me to add it for you. I think it reads something like 'PES fanboy extraordinaire'

EA + Football = :censored: :censored: game. no if's no buts. i'd rather put pins in my eyes than play FIFA ever again

Kopite4Ever said:
I mean baseing a football game on an ice hockey engine, your asking for trouble from the off.
Why do people keep going on about that? Surely it makes sense to share technology and it's only the graphics engine that would be shared anyway. It's not like they've done the ball physics by making the puck bouncy.

Konami are also not the angels that many people portray them to be. They are just interested in making their anual updates and keeping the cash rolling in. Why haven't they fixed the online problems with PES yet?

www.freethepatch.co.uk

yep agree also with that. I said a while ago in an argument that there isnt many devedlopers interested in the gamer first off. Check out ubisoft on old gen xbox and infinity ward on the 360.

Ok, they are now doing something about it but it isnt good enough that in next gen we are still having the same issues as last gen. We buy the games we should talk with our wallets.

bishman said:
Why do people keep going on about that? Surely it makes sense to share technology and it's only the graphics engine that would be shared anyway. It's not like they've done the ball physics by making the puck bouncy.

Konami are also not the angels that many people portray them to be. They are just interested in making their anual updates and keeping the cash rolling in. Why haven't they fixed the online problems with PES yet?

www.freethepatch.co.uk
indeed it makes sense to shair. But when the football in fifa glides across the grass like an ice hockey puck something aint right.

bishman said:

www.freethepatch.co.uk

Ball physics have plagued the FIFA series since I can remember yet they can't either be arsed fixing them or are unable to fix them due to engine limitations. Compare the ball physics of PES and those of FIFA and say that FIFA's is even close to being as good? And even Konam still haven't achieved 100% accuracy yet so EA have just so much work to just cure that small aspect of it.

I hope Konami don't **** about with their engine - their core gameplay is stunning. All they need to fix is periperal things like player/team names out of the box, many more accurate kits, actually having the linesman in view during gameplay, seeing the bench with your subs/manager and having your subs warming up be great. If they add or fix the little things, then the main product will simply be breathtaking :clap:

bishman said:

www.freethepatch.co.uk

I agree, Konami are far from Angels but then make PES so that's good enough for me :D. To be fair I seem to be enjoying more EA stuff than ever before, but whilst they know how to make good Am Footie and Boxing games, they no diddly squat about making a great football game. To be fair the 360 version of FIFA is the best FIFA i've played to date, but to say it's still several million miles away from the brilliant PES is an understatement. Oh and FIFA lags like crazy as well sometimes so it's far from perfect itself. I have also had loads of great lag free PES games as well so I guess just as people go on about FIFA's Ice Hockey engine, they also (often unfairly) criticise PES for it's online side.:)

As far as I am concerned there is only one footie game worth the time of day at the moment and that's PES.

EDIT : As soon as I saw the title of this thread I was waiting for the obligatory mention of PES. Anyway I guess this has all been said before so I will say no more on this matter.

He he I knew this would happen to this thread.

The ball physics have been revaped apparently so we will see how it goes.

Cowden_harley said:
He he I knew this would happen to this thread.

The ball physics have been revaped apparently so we will see how it goes.
i remember them saying that about 5 years ago ;) same game with prettier gfx ;)

Its impossible to have a fifa thread around here, its like going to the xbox forums and saying you dont like gaylo2, not gonna fly :D

I briefly had fifa rtwc and took it back for a refund as the game is so flawed, I had issues with the game not noticing offsides yet replays confirmed it. Some offsides where not even close decisions. Andy Gray and side kick not noticing scored goals, italy and brazil had no numbers on the back of there shirts yet they do in the cut scenes. The game is slow, movement does not seem real. Net Gen 3d gaming, yeah right, bring back sensible soccer. Nothing to look at but game play was second to none. Oh and the players look less life like than a madame tussauds puppet:D

john316 said:
Ball physics have plagued the FIFA series since I can remember yet they can't either be arsed fixing them or are unable to fix them due to engine limitations. Compare the ball physics of PES and those of FIFA and say that FIFA's is even close to being as good? And even Konam still haven't achieved 100% accuracy yet so EA have just so much work to just cure that small aspect of it.
I never said FIFA was a better game or that it's ball physics were better than those in PES.

Far too much is made of the hockey engine thing. Does anyone seriously think they took a completed ice hockey game, modified the environment graphics, added a few more players and said, job done? I know there's plenty of PES fanboys that will say that's what they think it looks like but honestly do they believe it?

tonyk79 said:
bring back sensible soccer. Nothing to look at but game play was second to none.
You know that's coming don't you?

Box shot of uk release

FIFA06Boxshot-german.jpg

also some screenshots here - Check it out

Looks less glossy and a bit more pro-evo ish. Waiting for gameplay vids though.

Cowden_harley said:
Box shot of uk release

FIFA06Boxshot-german.jpg

also some screenshots here - Check it out

Looks less glossy and a bit more pro-evo ish. Waiting for gameplay vids though.
sure to be a winner in scotland with a cover like that. wonder if i can get the swedish version :rotfl:

exactly should be able to flip the cover to maradona!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom