FIFA world cup 2006 - attention to detail is amazing

Mickey123

As a big fan of international footy I have always though Ronaldinho runs rather distinctivly to say the least.

I can't beleive his run is noticible within FIFA. What a superb touch that many may not notice

Seriously, everyone goes on about Pro Evo and I agree the gameplay is better, but EA capture the spirit of the game so much better.

If EA were to copy Pro Evos style of play I think they would clean up, especially when you concider my home team on Pro Evo is STILL called Tynside on PES '6'!!!!

C

CAFCmatt

If Pro Evo had the licenses that FIFA has then you have the ideal footy sim....FACT

Mickey123

FACT??? Matter of opinion more like.

I much prefer the gameplay of pro evo granted, but it has alot of faults that NEVER get addressed.

To name but a few.....

1 - every game is exactly the same, win brazil 1-0 win a sunday league team 1-0

2 - I don't think pro evo's commentry is much cop at all. In fact when you could change the language on pro evo 4 I used to have the commentry in french or italian.

"Timmothy kicks the ball, and oh what a jolly spiffing shot" never quite adds realism for me

3 - Off the pitch FIFA rules by far and it's not just licences. FIFA's master league you acctually manage your club. Its far better!

4 - The menus on Pro Evo are very, well, down right basic. Boring, un footy related. It reminds me of my amiga days!

So, back to your 'fact' I disagree, theres alot more than licences to make pro evo perfect though do agree on the pitch is sorted

EDITED BEFORE ANY REPLIES

Tunney

Novice Member
2 - I don't think pro evo's commentry is much cop at all. In fact when you could change the language on pro evo 4 I used to have the commentry in french or italian.
It's rubbish, but at least it's vaguely accurate.

2006 FIFA World Cup's commentary is just plain wrong half of the time. I score a goal from a corner and Andy Townsend goes on about how it all came about from the throw-in! :confused:

As a big fan of international footy I have always though Ronaldinho runs rather distinctivly to say the least.

I can't beleive his run is noticible within FIFA. What a superb touch that many may not notice
I think that's more through luck than judgement. Have you seen how Peter Crouch runs in the game? He looks like a chicken. :)

Mickey123

2006 FIFA World Cup's commentary is just plain wrong half of the time. I score a goal from a corner and Andy Townsend goes on about how it all came about from the throw-in!
Ha ha - yeah I know your right, but at least it's not a "stiff upper lip chap" type of shot eh.

To be fair, a huge game like Pro Evo should try harder. They keep changing things on pitch. Makes me mad:mad: On pitch is sorted and was by Pro Evo 3!!

I think that's more through luck than judgement. Have you seen how Peter Crouch runs in the game? He looks like a chicken
No it cant be luck mate or they'd all just run the same. Ill ask any footy fan to download the demo and give us a second opinion. Im convinced.

Should have done crouchies robot dance :smashin: