FIFA world cup 2006 - attention to detail is amazing

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Mickey123, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Mickey123

Mickey123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    As a big fan of international footy I have always though Ronaldinho runs rather distinctivly to say the least.

I can't beleive his run is noticible within FIFA. What a superb touch that many may not notice

Seriously, everyone goes on about Pro Evo and I agree the gameplay is better, but EA capture the spirit of the game so much better.

If EA were to copy Pro Evos style of play I think they would clean up, especially when you concider my home team on Pro Evo is STILL called Tynside on PES '6'!!!!

2. CAFCmatt

CAFCmatt

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If Pro Evo had the licenses that FIFA has then you have the ideal footy sim....FACT

3. Mickey123

Mickey123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    FACT??? Matter of opinion more like.

I much prefer the gameplay of pro evo granted, but it has alot of faults that NEVER get addressed.

To name but a few.....

1 - every game is exactly the same, win brazil 1-0 win a sunday league team 1-0

2 - I don't think pro evo's commentry is much cop at all. In fact when you could change the language on pro evo 4 I used to have the commentry in french or italian.

"Timmothy kicks the ball, and oh what a jolly spiffing shot" never quite adds realism for me

3 - Off the pitch FIFA rules by far and it's not just licences. FIFA's master league you acctually manage your club. Its far better!

4 - The menus on Pro Evo are very, well, down right basic. Boring, un footy related. It reminds me of my amiga days!

So, back to your 'fact' I disagree, theres alot more than licences to make pro evo perfect though do agree on the pitch is sorted

EDITED BEFORE ANY REPLIES

4. Tunney

Tunney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    It's rubbish, but at least it's vaguely accurate.

2006 FIFA World Cup's commentary is just plain wrong half of the time. I score a goal from a corner and Andy Townsend goes on about how it all came about from the throw-in! :confused:

I think that's more through luck than judgement. Have you seen how Peter Crouch runs in the game? He looks like a chicken. :)

5. Mickey123

Mickey123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Ha ha - yeah I know your right, but at least it's not a "stiff upper lip chap" type of shot eh.

To be fair, a huge game like Pro Evo should try harder. They keep changing things on pitch. Makes me mad:mad: On pitch is sorted and was by Pro Evo 3!!

No it cant be luck mate or they'd all just run the same. Ill ask any footy fan to download the demo and give us a second opinion. Im convinced.

Should have done crouchies robot dance :smashin: