FIFA Womens World Cup 2019

No way was that a penalty. The referee did the right thing and made the decision there and then.
In the early stages of this World Cup the poorer referees were relying too much on VAR and some decisions took ages to be made and were still wrong. Hence why we routinely saw 7mins plus of added time.

The USA player had her arm by her side and could do nothing about the ball being fired straight at her.

Spot on. By that time the French were so desperate they were appealing for anything. I did want them to win so I could revel in us beating them but I'm glad the right decision was made on the penalty appeal.

Spot on. By that time the French were so desperate they were appealing for anything. I did want them to win so I could revel in us beating them but I'm glad the right decision was made on the penalty appeal.

Agreed, but neither was the one against Japan that knocked them out of the competition.

And it has been said that they have eased off the VAR but in the Sweden v Germany quarter final they took a lot of time out with VAR to decide that the foul by the Swedish goalie was not a foul because earlier the German player had been 2mm offside. Technically correct, but is it in the spirit of the game - the only argument for is that I guess the linesperson must have flagged the offside originally.

That decision saw Germany out of the competition and the Olympics.

Cheers,

Nigel

Last edited:
football-goal-smiley-emoticon.gif

Sadly. But wha great cross and header.

Not a good start, but pretty much as I expected to be honest. The England defence has been gaping at times in the other matches but they have got away with it against mediocre competition. With the USA they will be punished hard if they don't sort it out.

Cheers,

Nigel

Jesus, Alex Scott has obviously been working with Jamie Redknapp too much, she’s starting to talk as much shite as he does.

“We know America come out in blocks of power.....”

:eek:

Thats a penalty!!!!!

Contact on her striking leg, behind the knee, makes her miss the ball. Stonewall.

That might be the best example of VAR I've seen to date. Looked like no contact on initial viewing.

Urgh...

We've had about of bad luck tonight, but the USA have been the better team and deserve the win.
I don't know why we're so poor with penalties, if a player doesn't have the power in the shot it needs to be placed better. We seem to put them right into the keepers hands.

Neville out.

USA were simply the better team. That girl that got sent off was useless all game and last game.
Also really bad penalty, far too short run up and if she had looked up she would have seen the keeper already diving to the right.

They did very well to get to the semis again, just need to improve the defence.

The blokes over achieved getting to the semi's. But the ladies did not.

We're good enough to win it, and we'll get another chance.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom