FIFA Womens World Cup 2019

England aren’t looking their best yet, hopefully they will improve as the tournament goes on.

England aren’t looking their best yet, hopefully they will improve as the tournament goes on.

Yes they will need to up their game. Hoping that at the moment they are bedding in and playing at a level to best their opponents - and it will rise as they encounter better teams later on.

England vs Japan will be a good measure.

Cheers,

Nigel

I think we have a good team now. The USA are clearly the team to beat. I have my doubts that we could beat them. We shall see. Anything could happen. Who would have thought Brazil would lose to Australia?

Canada 2-0 New Zealand

This was on the BBC Sport app and disappointing because it was one way traffic. Had to feel sorry for the New Zealand girls.

England, already qualified are playing Japan next Wednesday.

Been trying to avoid this (not for any particular reason) but it's main page stuff on BBC Sport. Thought I'd tune in. Straight away referee is checking VAR for a penalty to France. It's given and Ebere of Nigeria is given a second yellow. Taker puts it wide. But hang on! They use VAR and spot the goalie moved a foot off the line as the penalty was taken. Shes carded! And the retaken pen is scored :mad: I hope to god this is not enforced next season. Is a goalkeeper supposed to dive into the posts now ?

Scotland throwing away a 3 goal lead courtesy of another VAR penalty decision in injury time :blush:

Did the referee have a dinner reservation? fudgeing joke.

I hope this isn't a glimpse of what's to come next season. VAR is making the penalty totally over powered. Easily given and easily retaken, I can't see any keeper making a penalty save with VAR tracking the merest movement of a keepers foot. May as well award a goal to the attacking team as soon as a defender hints at an infraction and save 5 minutes arsing around with fans having no clue what's going on..

Goalkeepers need to create a union and go on strike. How about this. You can come forward but must have at least one foot on the line when the ball is struck.

EDIT: Oh. Apparently that IS the rule..

Last edited:
It's the death of football. I thought VAR was meant to clear up the rickets. But it's a far broader church isn't it.

Last night's fiasco, that pass to Lingard which must have been a fingernail's... next we'll be seeing a ponytail decision.

Now we're looking at this goalkeeping situation which will all be part of the coming Premier League season.

I worry about the delays, particularly, is every goal scored now going to be reviewed? Will we reach a stage where every free kick is reviewed?

Does VAR make the game better? Does it?

All that element of doubt has been removed and IMO it is doing more harm than good to the game we love, implementing VAR.

Better news for EPL...

The Premier League will not use video assistant referees in 2019-20 to rule on goalkeepers moving off their line to save a penalty. Three penalties have been retaken at the Women's World Cup after VAR ruled keepers did not have at least part of one foot on the goalline. Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL) will leave such decisions to on-field officials.

This is brilliant.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom