FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT) 20

so they have shows how much interest i have taken, opened my rewards or the lads and nothing-

let him slog away for another week

I think they will have to introduce some decent SBCs at some point if only to engage players. As we all know, EA want people to buy coins but with player prices being relatively low, and with no "special" players available from SBCs, the game already feels a little stale. I am enjoying playing, don't get me wrong but I am an hour a night kind of player, no more than that, and not every night even - I like to do the SBCs on the app/web at work!

I opened my rewards,got a rakitic and an isco,,go for next to nothing,then was making team,and realised I pulled real Madrid's Mendy at some point,80 rated and goes for 40k,,sold him straight away,lol.

Damn, the requirements for the Aubamayang potm are insane. I don’t even have a 87 rated squad at this point, let alone being able to trade two 87 squads and two 85 squads for a single player!

Completely tailored to high end players, buying points and playing all day. Not even worth it.
Don't get me started on the icon swaps.

Damn, the requirements for the Aubamayang potm are insane. I don’t even have a 87 rated squad at this point, let alone being able to trade two 87 squads and two 85 squads for a single player!

I agree but he is a meta player - I have no intention of buying him but bought 6 88 and 89 rated players when his POTM was announced the day before for their lowest BIN (15-22k) - sold them all for double what I paid last night and made 100k profit immediately. Always remember there are ways to benefit from these SBCs even if you don't get them yourself!

Icon swaps is a slog but remember, you have 2 months to get them - I won't get near 24 swaps, I'm aiming for around 15. Winning on world class level is easy as each round there is at least 1 terrible team with terrible chemistry - will take a while but should be easy to get

What level are you up to in the season objectives? I am on 24 now - blasted through Week 3 Bronze, Silver and Gold dead easily - did all of week 1 but have 1 left to do on week 2 - the gold objective to score from a cross with a player with -70 pace.

Did my first icon swap too - the online Bundesliga one - almost done the offline Eredivisie one and the offline standard gold one. Quite enjoying it to be honest - gives some meaning to the game.

I'm loving the icon grind,, done 4 of the online swaps,,one more goal and I'll have 5 swaps .hoping for guardiola by end of day,,would fit perfectly in my team,as my cdms are not great!!

I had a look at the icons last night, whilst I would love Drogba I am going to go for Kluivert (12) or Ballack (14) or at a real push Hagi (20). Not going to cash them in right until the end though just in case I do better than expected - defo won't get them all though as I don't play WL. Loving the objectives too - makes playing more fun as you have different teams.

Exactly,makes you use different players/leagues,,though my front is the same in every online swap league..

I like the idea of the icons swaps. Now, as a terrible FIFA player, I've neven lucky enough to have an ICON player, how do they fit in chemistry-wise?

The aren't attached to a club, so was wondering if I got Schmeichel and tried to put him into my bundesliga team would he have terrible chemistry or do all ICONS get max chemistry either way?

They fit with all, doesn't matter the league or nationality....they get a green link with other icons or same nationalities. They're great for linking hybrid teams

Thank you for the heads-up :).

So far, I've also liked the season objectives. I can't say I'm a massive fan of the gimmicky games like King of the Hill, Mystery ball etc, but going for the XP has atleast made me try them out. Normally, anything like that I'd skip straight past it.

Just done guardiola,,found these objectives very easy,,am in div 5,.
I struggled with serie a,couldn't get that last win!!

Attachments

• IMG_20191013_173104.jpg
    IMG_20191013_173104.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 86
I'm going to slog through the single player squad battles tonight

Thank you for the heads-up :).

So far, I've also liked the season objectives. I can't say I'm a massive fan of the gimmicky games like King of the Hill, Mystery ball etc, but going for the XP has atleast made me try them out. Normally, anything like that I'd skip straight past it.

No, I agree, the gimmicky friendlies were fun for 10 mins but you had to do them for the XP - I won't ever play them again now unless they pop up again in an objective (suspect they will!). I do wonder if EA will ever split the game up as I've played fifa for years now and never EVER played any other mode than FUT - some of my mates have only ever played seasons, some only career - which is a shame as you're buying the full game but never really utilising most of it. I guess EA don't care though....the money keeps coming in!!

4 out of 12 so far. Just CSL in squad battles then on to online!

Screenshot_20191013-224619_Companion.jpg

I didn't think I'd play as much UT this year,,but I've enjoyed the gameplay,think I've found my formation/tactics.
Love these icon objectives,haven't got to spam packs to obtain them,luckily be kept alot of the players I packed from SBCs and rewards,so was able to make a half decent team for each league.
Playing alot of pro clubs aswell..

How are your icon swaps going everyone? I am up to 9 - just the CSL squad battles, Serie A rivals and WL to go (which I won't be doing). Really enjoyed it last night, did 6 wins on the bounce with my EPL side.

Still have absolutely no idea who I am going to get mind, still like the look of Hagi for 20 but it all depends on how hard they make the requirements for swaps next month.

Depends on what your lacking in your team,,I wasnt going to spend 80k on de jong so Guardiola was a no brainer for me,,and he's great,,decent pace to cover,and great at breaking at play.
I started using 10 depth last night,,and win 3 lost 1,,you basically camp in your opponents half,,hard for them to get out,,just need a couple of fast cb's,,as I can get caught out by the hoof ball..

It's hard to say what I'm lacking as my team will change loads. Ideally I want an icon, or two, who will play till almost the end. Really like the look of Kluivert to be honest. But loved Hagi as a player

I pulled lengelet untradable in my rewards,,,may partner him with Militao,,bit more pace at the back!!

I'm currently running a Bundesliga side but like the look of Militao so wouldn't mind trying to fit him in somehow. Was thinking of going 5 at the back with Militao, Lenglet and Hernandez (Bayern) with Areola as GK for chem - just not sure how to link up with the rest of the side!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom