FIFA Ultimate Team (FUT) 20

durera

What’s people’s views on the best rewards to pick, coins/packs/untradeable double pack? I chose untradeable double packs first week and largely got garbage, but it helped pad the squad for sbc’s.

34k coins is a nice chunk towards a nice signing for my starting 11 (really want to get Trent and Robbo on the wings), but means missing the tiny chance of packing someone worth a fortune (for sale or for an unexpected elite player in my team — as I have no expectation I’ll ever buy anyone costing 500k+ or some of the crazy prices I see when I look at what my dream team would be).

cunnas

I'd be gutted if there weren't league SBCs...really enjoyed doing them!

cunnas

What’s people’s views on the best rewards to pick, coins/packs/untradeable double pack? I chose untradeable double packs first week and largely got garbage, but it helped pad the squad for sbc’s.

34k coins is a nice chunk towards a nice signing for my starting 11 (really want to get Trent and Robbo on the wings), but means missing the tiny chance of packing someone worth a fortune (for sale or for an unexpected elite player in my team — as I have no expectation I’ll ever buy anyone costing 500k+ or some of the crazy prices I see when I look at what my dream team would be).
I've always gone with untradeables in the hope I get a player I want to use - or for SBC fodder. I like opening packs - you get more packs with untradeables - so that is my logic. I am sure long term, coins is the way to go as its rare you pack anything of note and coins is a safe bet but yeh, for me I go for the untradeables for the fun of it!

Ashy23

Just read that icon stuff and gone way over my head. Was going to buy quite a few players with the anticipated league sbc's , but think I'll change stance now and just take coins as rewards and buy players,. Can't see playing this much longer, if I can't get into the sbc's like last year.

cunnas

I'd be AMAZED if they didn't do icon or league SBCs as it encourages people buying packs...if they only do swaps/objectives it encourages people to play...which is good...but this is EA remember!

cunnas

I'm already bored with the objectives as it'll take a month to get what's a fairly measly reward in an 85 player...I think they'll do something different once this first "season" is over as they'll lose players and therefore lose millions with people not buying packs

Ashy23

never paid much attention to SBC in the early part of FIFA19 , so dont know how it started, but waited for a SBC and out pops a flashback Wallcott *** E.A Another high priced BPL pace player.

starting to have my doubts, may cex my copy whilst its £35 quid

300zxred

They love the Premier league,,could of had a nice serie a flashback or Spanish league,but no it was rubbish Walcott,,pace,pace,pace.
It's all it is,,drop back and counter with your 3 pace merchants..

hamd01

Why is EVERY single player able to run past and away from any of my players? Yet it is like I am running through treacle?
Sounds like your using the A button? Which worked a treat in 2019, but is now downgraded.

You need to use Jocky instead, which is LT (xbox). Mucher harder, as you esentially have to manually move the defender into position. Just takes some practice.

cunnas

Loads of negative stuff on Twitter re the lack of content and same old mistakes when releasing things - I have to agree, the lack of content is worrying me as its the part of the game I most enjoy. I am find the objectives a real, real ball ache - week 1 gold I need to score off a corner and after 100+ games I have still not achieved it, nor had a corner scored against me! Week 2 gold I am stuck on a -70 pace assisting on a cross and scoring from a cross - certainly achievable with my Bunda team as both Tolisso and Thiago could do it but I am just finding it so dull - especially when moving up through the levels doesn't exactly bring many good rewards and the end game, is an 85 Tolisso - who granted will fit in nice but seriously, that's one hell of a slog to get that.

Apparently Icon swaps are out this or next Friday which will be interesting - I hope they make the goals achievable like they did with Futswaps last year rather than score 8 corners in 1 game with first owned Bronze Saudi players. I sadly suspect it will be the latter

cunnas

That being said, just done the Strong Start SBCs tonight using untradeables and packed a Rashford which I sold for 72k!

Olly C

Loads of negative stuff on Twitter re the lack of content and same old mistakes when releasing things - I have to agree, the lack of content is worrying me as its the part of the game I most enjoy.
I've been been reading lots of the same on Twitter, after the last few years that we've been through I feel the main issue will boil down to unenjoyable gameplay.

There's too many of the same issues from previous years left in this one especially from what I read delay and poor servers.

That means that already people will have that feeling of "What's the point in grinding so hard in this unenjoyable/frustrating gameplay to earn average rewards to then unlock/pack players to use in what? Oh yeah.. This unenjoyable game."

Again, I haven't played the game at all myself yet but that's certainly how it's reading online from the people I follow and see on Twitter etc..

cunnas

Ashy23

god the SBC have been dire so far, only reason i play the game-

tbh my lads plays the games , he better than me , i do the sbc for him, he opens the packs , ha ha.

but this is just tiresome....no wonder 87-88-89 rated players are so low on the market, wont be buying fifa points.

cunnas

The prices have gone up though....bought Cavani for 16k last week and hes going for 24kish now

Ashy23

so they have shows how much interest i have taken, opened my rewards or the lads and nothing-

let him slog away for another week

cunnas

I think they will have to introduce some decent SBCs at some point if only to engage players. As we all know, EA want people to buy coins but with player prices being relatively low, and with no "special" players available from SBCs, the game already feels a little stale. I am enjoying playing, don't get me wrong but I am an hour a night kind of player, no more than that, and not every night even - I like to do the SBCs on the app/web at work!

300zxred

I opened my rewards,got a rakitic and an isco,,go for next to nothing,then was making team,and realised I pulled real Madrid's Mendy at some point,80 rated and goes for 40k,,sold him straight away,lol.

durera

Damn, the requirements for the Aubamayang potm are insane. I don’t even have a 87 rated squad at this point, let alone being able to trade two 87 squads and two 85 squads for a single player!

Ashy23

Completely tailored to high end players, buying points and playing all day. Not even worth it.
Don't get me started on the icon swaps.

cunnas

Damn, the requirements for the Aubamayang potm are insane. I don’t even have a 87 rated squad at this point, let alone being able to trade two 87 squads and two 85 squads for a single player!
I agree but he is a meta player - I have no intention of buying him but bought 6 88 and 89 rated players when his POTM was announced the day before for their lowest BIN (15-22k) - sold them all for double what I paid last night and made 100k profit immediately. Always remember there are ways to benefit from these SBCs even if you don't get them yourself!

cunnas

Icon swaps is a slog but remember, you have 2 months to get them - I won't get near 24 swaps, I'm aiming for around 15. Winning on world class level is easy as each round there is at least 1 terrible team with terrible chemistry - will take a while but should be easy to get

cunnas

What level are you up to in the season objectives? I am on 24 now - blasted through Week 3 Bronze, Silver and Gold dead easily - did all of week 1 but have 1 left to do on week 2 - the gold objective to score from a cross with a player with -70 pace.

Did my first icon swap too - the online Bundesliga one - almost done the offline Eredivisie one and the offline standard gold one. Quite enjoying it to be honest - gives some meaning to the game.

300zxred

I'm loving the icon grind,, done 4 of the online swaps,,one more goal and I'll have 5 swaps .hoping for guardiola by end of day,,would fit perfectly in my team,as my cdms are not great!!

cunnas

I had a look at the icons last night, whilst I would love Drogba I am going to go for Kluivert (12) or Ballack (14) or at a real push Hagi (20). Not going to cash them in right until the end though just in case I do better than expected - defo won't get them all though as I don't play WL. Loving the objectives too - makes playing more fun as you have different teams.