FIFA Club World Cup (2019)

richp007

Distinguished Member
Doesn't look good then :(

I heard that it might be his knee as well, but we'll find out in the next few days I guess. Really bad news if it is knee.

TwoJs

Distinguished Member
Ox using crutches. Damn.
Hopefully precaution, he walked off so could be ok, wait on the scans. Noticed he had a protective boot on as well, so could possibly be ankle ligament damage which is months. :(

richp007

Distinguished Member
Hopefully precaution, he walked off so could be ok, wait on the scans. Noticed he had a protective boot on as well, so could possibly be ankle ligament damage which is months. :(
Yeah could be out for the season now if it is ankle ligament damage. His reaction seemed to suggest he knew it was bad news.

Fingers crossed it's good.

Derek S-H

Distinguished Member
I love Andy Robertson, he's a true warrior who takes no crap!

I must admit to having mixed feelings about the whole Qatar thing (their human rights record is simply appalling), but I'm also glad we sacrificed the League Cup for this trophy.

I know we've had so many false dawns, but it's quietly starting to feel like a Golden Age under Jurgen. I'm not saying we'll dominate like United did in the 90's or City have in recent years, but it finally feels like we can compete with the very best anywhere.

I still remember Real Madrid giving us a footballing lesson in the CL in 2014 at Anfield (they spanked us 3-0 and there was a huge gulf in quality), so it's taken time to get to where we are now.

The PL title is still the Gold Standard for me; when we've won it, then we've finally arrived.

Donnacha

Distinguished Member
Another wonderful moment for Jurgen’s reds! Thoroughly deserved win in the end and made all the sweeter by the appalling ref and the rolling around, time-wasting, dark arts of Flamengo !! I love it when teams that behave like that especially at 0-0 get beat !!

Merry Xmas reds !!

Abbeygoo

Distinguished Member
Congratulations to Liverpool