FIFA chief sparks outcry over 2022 World Cup alert on gay sex

guest5234

THE head of soccer's world governing body, Sepp Blatter, has told gay people to avoid having sex during the 2022 World Cup finals because of Qatar's tough laws against homosexuality, further fuelling anger over the decision to award the Islamic nation the rights to host the tournament.

I suppose "when in Rome"

travid

THE head of soccer's world governing body, Sepp Blatter, has told gay people to avoid having sex during the 2022 World Cup finals because of Qatar's tough laws against homosexuality, further fuelling anger over the decision to award the Islamic nation the rights to host the tournament.

I suppose "when in Rome"
If he also stops hetrosexuals having sex, fair enough.

Why do FIFA give the WORLD cup to such a RICH nation with such discriminatory laws:confused::rolleyes:

If they want to impose these laws then then can live in isolation, that seems fair.

NooBish AbbZ 92

Distinguished Member
Why has he even bought it up? Does it have anything to do with football whatsoever?:confused:

travid

It was a joke and having read what was said I think that everyone (except perhaps guest5234) realised that and treated it as such

He didn't. He was asked a question
Wht was the question please Ian?

guest5234

It was a joke and having read what was said I think that everyone (except perhaps guest5234) realised that and treated it as such

He didn't. He was asked a question
No it was not a joke, just watched it on the TV. you do realise that the Gulf state's punishment for homosexual activity, which includes up to five years in prison has been the death penalty in the past

Last edited:

travid

Last edited:

andyk

Perfectly resonable question, you sarcastic:thumbsdow

Edited my post excluding the fully spelt insult, however you remind me of the people who point out spelling mistakes. Yes I could have gone to the BBC and found it for myself, but I decide to ask Ian.Who are you, my bloody mother?
Simmer down sunshine. No need to get all agitated.

lucasisking

Distinguished Member
If it was a joke I'm not sure everyone will take it as such. It would be like 'jokingly' telling black football fans to hide their faces in apartheid South Africa. Or telling fans not to wear glasses in Cambodia during the rule of the Khmer Rouge.

One wonders whether, if those regimes still existed, FIFA would have any quams about awarding them the right to host the world cup. Countries run by Islamic theocrats or ex-KGB officers aren't a problem for them ;)

North Korea for World Cup 2026 anyone?

travid

If it was a joke I'm not sure everyone will take it as such. It would be like 'jokingly' telling black football fans to hide their faces in apartheid South Africa. Or telling fans not to wear glasses in Cambodia during the rule of the Khmer Rouge.

One wonders whether, if those regimes still existed, FIFA would have any quams about awarding them the right to host the world cup. Countries run by Islamic theocrats or ex-KGB officers aren't a problem for them ;)

North Korea for World Cup 2026 anyone?
Having watched the footage, kindly supplied by andyk :D:smashin:, I agree. Not really something to joke about.

lovegroova

I wonder if the Catholic footballers will be allowed to cross themselves when entering or leaving the field?

ldoodle

:boring:

So what, Qatar don't like gays. Big bloody deal. It's their country so they can have whatever rules they like. Just don't arrive at their airports proclaiming to be gay.

Shouldn't mean they should be barred from hosting anything. Some countries have severe punishments for litter dropping so does that mean they should be barred from hosting tournaments because there are a lot of litter bugs around?

travid

So what, Qatar don't like gays. Big bloody deal. It's their country so they can have whatever rules they like. Just don't arrive at their airports proclaiming to be gay.

Shouldn't mean they should be barred from hosting anything. Some countries have severe punishments for litter dropping so does that mean they should be barred from hosting tournaments because there are a lot of litter bugs around?
Dropping litter is a choice, along with chewing gum. However you're sexuality is fundamental to you're being. Sexuality and dropping litter, one is a choice, one certainly is not. There is no comparison IMO.

lucasisking

Distinguished Member

Presumably you feel the same about Saudi Arabia, North Korea and Zimbabwe. So what if they (respectively) repress women, undermine democracy and impose totalitarianism on their populations? its their country they can do what they like, right? Doesnt bother me so why should I care as long as I get to see some football.

guest5234

Perfectly resonable question, you sarcastic:thumbsdow

Edited my post excluding the fully spelt insult, however you remind me of the people who point out spelling mistakes. Yes I could have gone to the BBC and found it for myself, but I decide to ask Ian.Who are you, my bloody mother?
LOL good retort Sir :smashin:

guest5234

I kind of agree with this, you are going to be a bit stupid if you are kissing your boyfriend in public in that Country, just kiss or hold his hand behind closed doors.
Be safe folks :smashin:

PJTX100

Dropping litter is a choice, along with chewing gum. However you're sexuality is fundamental to you're being. Sexuality and dropping litter, one is a choice, one certainly is not. There is no comparison IMO.
Being gay may not be a choice but people can choose the right time and place to openly display gay tendencies.

Top Bottom