FIFA 22

coles1937

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi there, hope someone can help me with this!

I brought my son an Xbox series s for Christmas, the first thing he wanted to do was get FIFA 22, with his Christmas money so he could play his mates on line! he purchased FIFA 22 Series X/S, but he is unable to connect with them online unlike with his other games which he has no problem with. It transpires that his mates either have Xbox One S consoles and they have purchased the FIFA 22 Xbox one version of the game. Should he have downloaded the Xbox One version to have been able to play them? which seems bizarre if that is the case as he has no problems with any other games! I contacted EA who were not particularly helpful. I then requested a refund for the game but this was declined despite appearing to have complied with their terms for on line purchases, I have tried countless times to contact them and request call backs but am getting nowhere!

Any help with this would be much appreciated!!!

Many thanks.

There isn't cross gen play on fifa 22 between last and next gen xbox consoles (same for PS4 and PS5). Its one of the few games like this for some reason.

If you purchased the ultimate edition, then you get both versions, so just install the xbox one. Otherwise you are a bit stuck unless you fork out for the previous gen version.

Hi there, hope someone can help me with this!

I brought my son an Xbox series s for Christmas, the first thing he wanted to do was get FIFA 22, with his Christmas money so he could play his mates on line! he purchased FIFA 22 Series X/S, but he is unable to connect with them online unlike with his other games which he has no problem with. It transpires that his mates either have Xbox One S consoles and they have purchased the FIFA 22 Xbox one version of the game. Should he have downloaded the Xbox One version to have been able to play them? which seems bizarre if that is the case as he has no problems with any other games! I contacted EA who were not particularly helpful. I then requested a refund for the game but this was declined despite appearing to have complied with their terms for on line purchases, I have tried countless times to contact them and request call backs but am getting nowhere!

Any help with this would be much appreciated!!!

Many thanks.

Did you buy it Digitally from the MS Store ?
You should have a refund option, if not then contact support via chat and say the wrong one has been purchased. Just kick up a fuss and it should be easy enough to get a refund.

This was posted back in January an they haven't been back since... I'm sure they've found a solution :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom