nutski

A bit quiet in here in regards to new FIFA coming out, anyone looking at getting it this year?

New Web App went live yesterday and i *think* the 10 hour trial is on EA Play from today?

nutski

You should be able to download it from 4pm.

I'm not bothering with fifa this year, had enough of that franchise for now.

I wasn't going to bother but I caved again, hadn't really played 20 for the last 4 months!

nutski

I can't remember when I last played 20 tbh :laugh:

I managed to get the latest PES for £15 and that'll do for the football fix for now me thinks.
I've not played PES since the 360, never sure if i should go try it again

Andy

I've not played PES since the 360, never sure if i should go try it again

This one plays much better than the last couple IMO, if you can pick it up for cheap enough then it may be worth a go. Definitely a lot more simulation than the arcadey feel of fifa though but you can play some nice football on it.

Tommy Teapot

Does anyone know if the shooting is the same as previous versions ie double tap shoot and hit the green bar for precise shooting?

I havent played fifa since 20 first came out, would like to play 2v2s with my friends.

I've been getting my fix on rocket league! Its highly addictive :)

featherhall

Distinguished Member
I’ve bought it every year but not this year. My club ‘Hearts’ aren’t in it due to being expelled from the top league before it finished. I only ever play as them in seasons so I’m not bothering.

RTC89

Any players out there people are buying and flipping for coin ? Won't be buying any fifa points or packs. When the game comes out I might sweat some SB games see if I can land some decent players from the rewards

zulfario10

I may buy it to only play pro clubs. Is anyone interested in setting a AVF team up on 21?

As above I was also interested to go back to PES, ive not played it since 2013 and it used to be my go to game but they were shocking when the 360/ps3 were about and I never went back but heard pes20 was very good so may give the new one a go.

z5461313

Bateson spent £18,000 on Fifa points just so he can get his YouTube viewings going for young kids

Does EA have normal people working for them?

There must be mothers and fathers who work there?

Literally makes you sick when you see what you can do with the game to buy Fifa packs

They all can’t be like Andrew Wilson surely, must be some decent people that work for EA?

TayWax

Distinguished Member
So is there any major changes to fifa this year or is it just the same as the last 5 iterations?

echoUK

So is there any major changes to fifa this year or is it just the same as the last 5 iterations?

From what I've seen from streams on Twitch (albeit Ultimate Team) the two biggest things that they've implemented from last year's game are the removal the fitness cards so you don't have to keep applying them after a few games. You can also do co-op with your friends in Division Rivals and online friendlies, and you both get the rewards. Other than that everything else seems pretty much the same to me, with a different themed UI. I don't play any other game modes so I don't know what changes they've made to them really.

TayWax

Distinguished Member
But assume the gameplay is generally the same again? Not much you can do with a football game I guess but it started to feel like it needed something new

RTC89

5 placement games in div rivals. I have a 74 overall squad 67 chem best I could of got from what I was given.

My 5 placement games:

1st game : Mbappe and varane etc full french squad ( all non loans )

2nd game: full prem squad overall of 84? ( all non loans )

3rd game: Full prem squad overall 83 ( all non loans )

instant 3 loses nothing I could of done..

I won my other 2 only because one prat had a full leeds squad and the other one was equal to mine!

echoUK

But assume the gameplay is generally the same again? Not much you can do with a football game I guess but it started to feel like it needed something new

They have made a few minor tweaks, but ultimately it still feels like the same old gameplay each year. They added a new timed shooting mechanic a couple of years ago where you press the shoot button again after you initially press it and if you time it right it gives your shot an increased accuracy. I ended up turning it off in the settings after about a week. I think they tweaked the defending as well, but again, I barely noticed any difference.

If I went back and played FIFA 14 or 15 I would probably notice a difference in gameplay, but because the changes have been gradual and minor it hasn't felt like the gameplay has changed that much over the years.

zulfario10

I've not bought the game yet but lads if any of you play pro clubs add me GT zulfario94

I'll set up Club AVF on pro clubs and we can give it a go this year.

the boots man

I’ll be getting this on the 10th of november and i’ll deffo be up for some games. Hopefully billy rock, nutski, spoondles, majson, etc from back in the day will be up for some games?

zulfario10

I've not bought the game yet, waiting for cheap deals on the forum, have just picked up pes for £19 but will get fifa for pro clubs.

nutski

I've not bought the game yet, waiting for cheap deals on the forum, have just picked up pes for £19 but will get fifa for pro clubs.
Game prices seem crazy at the moment, I picked it up on preorder from Brazil to save a little money

zulfario10

Game prices seem crazy at the moment, I picked it up on preorder from Brazil to save a little money

Yeah I went over to cd keys and it was £49.
I remeber paying around £27 last year for it so will wait till its slightly cheaper

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

iFi Audio launches NEO Stream music streamer with DAC
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M6x 250.7 multi-channel power amplifier
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Is Google set to rival Dolby Vision and Atmos?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
'Tizen TV by Samsung' brands coming to UK?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Denon announces five new 8K AV receivers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom