LeftyXXIII

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Released on 9th October, it looks pretty similar to Fifa 20 but we'll probably all still pick it up as it'll very likely remain better than PES :laugh:

CDKeys for today only (16th Sept) have the digital version for £39.99 > clicky

Yet another really lazy release from EA. The game has literally looked the same for the past 3/4 years. Even the in game presentation has hardly changed.

I sold Fifa 19 within 2 months, then Fifa 20 I waited 3 months to buy but sold it within 3 weeks. Not even bothering with Fifa 21.

All these annual sports game are just a cash grab for minimal updates. NBA2k hasn't changed for years, Madden, NHL even MLB the Show has been very similar for the past 3 games.

About time they did away with full price annual releases and offered a yearly DLC update with new kits/squads ect, much like PES has done this year.

Not even looked at it this year and won't be.

Kind of hoping that maybe next year with the new consoles that something changes with Fifa in how it's made; that offers a different game and presentation. The last 3 year's games have been a sick joke. They must have spent barely a month working on them, they've been that identical.

Not even looked at it this year and won't be.

Kind of hoping that maybe next year with the new consoles that something changes with Fifa in how it's made; that offers a different game and presentation. The last 3 year's games have been a sick joke. They must have spent barely a month working on them, they've been that identical.

Completely agree - I normally buy each year and sell it by February once I'm exhausted from FUT, but this year the game was sold by early January.

I did download it once it hit EA Access in July, but by that point everyone had God squads (don't get me started on bang average players having 94 rated cards because of a promo) so it was a rough couple of weeks trying to compete in games with my base Griezmann, when everyone had a full TOTSSF defence.

I feel like they need to change the rating system as the number of players with super cards is getting higher and higher each year, making the vast majority of the Icons little more than chemistry players or SBC fodder.

I maybe in the minority but even subtle changes would make a difference for me, like a dynamic weather system during a game, online tournament mode for Ultimate Team which guarantees players with a high rated player. At the moment, unless your willing to spend £1000s on packs and 100s of hours playing the weekend league, you have no chance.

For me Fifa is now completely pay to win, Ultimate Team has gone from a fun mode to something that is just for Twitch/Youtubers to play.

The football game market for consoles is in a very bad place at the momemt

I maybe in the minority but even subtle changes would make a difference for me, like a dynamic weather system during a game, online tournament mode for Ultimate Team which guarantees players with a high rated player. At the moment, unless your willing to spend £1000s on packs and 100s of hours playing the weekend league, you have no chance.

For me Fifa is now completely pay to win, Ultimate Team has gone from a fun mode to something that is just for Twitch/Youtubers to play.

The football game market for consoles is in a very bad place at the momemt

I'm probably in the minority, in that I've played so much PES for so many years, that coming back to Fifa will be quite refreshing. I simply cannot be "ersed" downloading another kit option file and not being about to play 2 player games with decent kits.

Do you know what your letting yourself in for, if you play ultimate team?

I've bought FIFA every year since I got back into gaming around 2008, but this year I'm not sure if I'll bother. I only buy it for Ultimate Team because I love the idea of building a team and all that. Never spend money on FIFA Points - I always buy and trade in silver players and last year I was making ~100k some days so I never really had a problem with buying some of the good players.

I just don't like what the game has come to - most people play the same way with their defensive width and depth being set to 1 with all of their players set to 'stay back while attack'. It just feels like it's become a game of who can counter attack the best. Last year I stopped playing it in late November that's how bored I was.

With the new consoles and some big games on the horizon I've barely got any interest at the moment. I'll wait and see some gameplay from those that play it on EA Access before I decide for sure. They tweeted the other day that they weren't releasing a demo this year because they wanted to spend time to make sure the development team can deliver the best full game experience. That to me is a red flag and already an indicator that the game is utter s**t, lol.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom