Has anyone seen any info about whether EA are going to do anything for the Series S / X versions? I’m guessing not otherwise we’d have heard about it by now.

Has anyone seen any info about whether EA are going to do anything for the Series S / X versions? I’m guessing not otherwise we’d have heard about it by now.

What do you mean "do anything for" ?

Sorry, I wasn’t very clear. I meant to ask if EA were planning to upgrade the Series S / X versions in anyway above the current gen version.

Yes they have upgrades planned...

Gameplay
  • Blazing fast load times – get to kick-off in seconds
  • Controller haptics (PS5 only) – feel every shot, kick, pass, and tackle in your hands
Graphics and Visuals
  • Deferred Lighting and Rendering – a new lighting system creates more detail in every part of the stadium
  • Re-imagined player bodies – next-gen technology takes players to a whole new level of realism

So if I download FIFA 21 to my new series x on Tuesday and then this update comes out 4th December will I lose my career mode again?

The article indicates that, yes.

Next gen version appears as a separate title in the game library so perhaps you could continue with the current gen version if you really wanted to. Probably best to just start over though. I stopped my career mode as soon as this news came out. Had made a good start as well! :thumbsdow

Next gen version appears as a separate title in the game library so perhaps you could continue with the current gen version if you really wanted to. Probably best to just start over though. I stopped my career mode as soon as this news came out. Had made a good start as well! :thumbsdow
I was expecting to have to start again on Tuesday when I get the series X didn't realise I would have to start a 3rd time in December lol

I have to say the detail of the players is incredible, we are so fortunate that Iain Dowie no longer plays!

Would be an 18!

I was expecting to have to start again on Tuesday when I get the series X didn't realise I would have to start a 3rd time in December lol
ah no from what i understand you can carry on this tuesday as its the same game in BC but you'll have to restart when the next gen version comes in december

i could be totally wrong though!

ah no from what i understand you can carry on this tuesday as its the same game in BC but you'll have to restart when the next gen version comes in december

Oh ok that wouldn't be bad, I guess we'll have to try it Tuesday. As long as it comes as planned

I assume if you keep this on an external ssd, it will run in bc mode and thus crossplay with Xbox One would be available as the updated series x version won’t support it.

People play Career mode lol

What your saying is correct

People play Career mode lol
:rotfl: About 0.1% career mode and the rest in FUT. thought I’d try out the new additions and give me something else to do in fifa. Every now and then I buy fifa points then hate myself for it :facepalm:

:rotfl: About 0.1% career mode and the rest in FUT. thought I’d try out the new additions and give me something else to do in fifa. Every now and then I buy fifa points then hate myself for it :facepalm:
I feel your pain brother

I assume if you keep this on an external ssd, it will run in bc mode and thus crossplay with Xbox One would be available as the updated series x version won’t support it.

Even if you install it to the internal SSD it will run in back compat mode, and you'll get better load times.

Even if you install it to the internal SSD it will run in back compat mode, and you'll get better load times.

Sorry, I meant when the update releases for Series X, if it automatically via smart delivery gives me the best version, which if its on the internal SSD would give me the Series X version meaning that I can't play online with my friends and the majority of the community still on Xbox One.

I would assume that if it stays on the external and I ignore requests to update to Series X version I should be ok as it should play via BC mode I hope!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom