Fifa 2006 Xbox360

kingsize

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Am I correct in assuming that FIFA 2006 is not being released for the 360 and we are only getting the 'Road to the World Cup' version....

i.e. we are only getting the international version and not the club one?

If so, what a swiz...

And please no replies saying PES is better...

What did you expect its Ea we are talking about. Money and more Money thats all that matters to them.
Tiger woods 360(£50) is missing loads of bits from the xbox(£30) version.
I wont be wasting my money on Poor Ps2 / xbox ports. Ea should have done it properly and created the 360 version from scratch to really use the full power of the 360.

Not a fifa fan in anyway but it does look good:
756_0006.jpg

756_0012.jpg

756_0007.jpg

and a EA 'propaganda' image!
756_0002.jpg

Cowden_harley said:
photos dont do it justice to be honest.

Go to www.gamestrailers.com and view the hd gameplay vid.

The graphics look good but it still seems to play like a dog! Every time he changes direction the player runs on a few feet. It looks very sluggish to control and just looks like they've updated the graphics and nothing else. Don't EA realise that people prefer a game that plays well and feels like real football above flash graphics. I'm sure pro evo 360 will look amazing as well and there should finally be a widescreen view in it as well! :clap:

Well watched the video and it does look better than the screenshots but what the hell has happened to the footie shirts/shorts they are solid - looks like someone put way to much starch on them - Were is the animated clothing effects that are in the basketball game that Visual Concepts are making - makes Ea's effort look laughable.

CAS FAN said:
The graphics look good but it still seems to play like a dog! Every time he changes direction the player runs on a few feet. It looks very sluggish to control and just looks like they've updated the graphics and nothing else. Don't EA realise that people prefer a game that plays well and feels like real football above flash graphics. I'm sure pro evo 360 will look amazing as well and there should finally be a widescreen view in it as well! :clap:

Yay! Widescreen lol and it must be 720p at minimum. Oh i think ill die happy now :smashin:

While its not going to stop me buying it, the Army man comment is spot on. What the hell is going on there, look at Van Nistelrooy, that is a plastic Matell figure, not a living breathing person, very very wrong, agree totally with what everyone is saying about the graphics. Same with Frank Lampard, anyone could recognise him from that shot, but it is a weird, cartoon like, grotesque Frank Lampard - This is certainly not a realistic approach.

Also agree, that if there are no club teams in this, then that is laughable - Aren't they also taking about bringing out a game for the World Cup as well, no doubt this will also be international teams only - That said, I will be buying this in the absence of another footy game at launch.

Come on people it's FIFA, don't cave in like so many did when FIFA was the only option on the PSP. EA simply doesn't understand what it takes to make a decent footie game. You can tell just from watching the video that the game is an typically unresponsive Fifa game. I'd much, much rather play the X-Box version of PES5 than this. Buy at your peril!

CAS FAN said:
Come on people it's FIFA, don't cave in like so many did when FIFA was the only option on the PSP. EA simply doesn't understand what it takes to make a decent footie game. You can tell just from watching the video that the game is an typically unresponsive Fifa game. I'd much, much rather play the X-Box version of PES5 than this. Buy at your peril!
I agree i'd rather play PES5 on my 360 than the new Fifa, even if fifa had the best graphs i'd ever seen and they were giving it away free i would tell them to keep it lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom