1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fifa 2005 Problem

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by sh18, Feb 5, 2005.

1. sh18

sh18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    hi, just got round to installing fifa 2005 on my pc, when i start the game i get a message sayng that fifa2005 has detected cd/dvd emulation software and cannot continue until it has been disabled. the only programs i have that could cause this are clone cd and nero but theyre not active during the startup of my computer so how are they detected? does this mean ill have to unistall both just to play the game!?

2. Obuggrit

Obuggrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it might be clone CD. Nero shouldn't cause a problem. You could uninstall clone CD or look for a fifa 2005 crack.

3. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    am fraid so some games refuse to run if theres any dvd copy or backup programs in the pc had some troiuble with far cry when it first came out (its crap anyhoo) fifa that is

4. sh18

sh18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    uninstalled clonecd and nero just to be sure, works fine now, and fifa 2005 isnt crap! each version gets better and better in my opinion, ill judge more when i get a chance to play pro evo 4

5. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    [and fifa 2005 isnt crap! each version gets better and better in my opinion,

so ill get fifa 2012and it might be good then?????

6. Obuggrit

Obuggrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It's generally considered that FIFA games are the worst of the big name football games - the only thing they have that's "better" than the others are the correct player names. I haven't played any of them so this isn't a personal view.

7. sh18

sh18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    there are only 2 major football franchises, fifa and pro evo, ive only played pro evo 3 and didnt think it was up to much

8. Obuggrit

Obuggrit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pro Evolution is the new name for ISS isn't it, or is that a seperate series? I'm not up to dat with footy games - I just listen to people's opinions on Gamecentral and gaming forums. I remember plaing the first FIFA game on the SNES and it played like a dog with broken legs, and, from what I hear it hasn't changed much at all.

9. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    i think fifas all bowt graphics and looks whereas pro evo has the gameplay and i dont think the graphics are as bad as they say
    sh18 download a demo of pes and see what you think

10. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,729
    There are several footie franchises, the current main ones are:

TIF (This is football)
    Club Football
    FIFA
    PES

PES stands a country mile ahead of the rest and is the only one that feels like real footie. Fifa has nice graphics (but then so does PES when piped through my PJ on 480p :thumbsup: ) but the gameplay is shallow and the control is shocking compared to PES. The latest FIFA is better than the shambolic FIFA2004 but IMO is still not as good as FIFA1999. FIFA's problem is that it trys to be PES these days and ends up being nothing like PES or what a FIFA game should be like. When FIFA was a quick, arcadey & fun game with nice graphics (were going back to 1999 again) I had a degree of respect for the title, even if the gameplay was pretty shallow. The road EA are going down with FIFA they will only ever end up with an inferior version of PES (which is what 2005 is). At least before they had their own niche, even if it wasn't really to my liking!

Yes basically. Back in the 32 bit/64 bit days there was ISS Pro Evolution on the PS1 and ISS64 on the N64. ISSPE was done by KCET and ISS64 was done by Major A - both obviously released by Konami. When ISSPE was brought out on the PS2 it became known as Pro Evolution Soccer (PES).

11. Ronaldo^_^

Ronaldo^_^

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had fifa 2005 for the PC and deleted it to get more space, now i have got pro evo 4 for the xbox pro evo is much better graphics and more realistic its ace

12. watchinthewheel

watchinthewheel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    fifa is a fun game but i dont actualy look at it as a football sim. bear with me there is some reason for this.

basicaly playing fifa 2005 is a fun experience but its nothing like watching or playing real football. its like well playing fifa.

iv heard pes is meant to be great and im probably going to get it, on pc so i can get the real names patch though :smashin:

also is it only me or do you find it very hard to score in fifa 2005? i can score from free kicks and corners/crosses fine but when i try and shoot from distacne they never hit the target, i have had the game for about 2 months orr so and have scored from outside the box with a propper shot ONCE! even on amature i just cant score they always put it wide, am i doin something really worng or is it just the game being weird?

13. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,729
    You can patch all versions with the real names, kits, stadia etc. You need a max drive and then you're sorted. :thumbsup:

14. sh18

sh18

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    scoring on fifa is easy once you know how, most of the time you can just dribble skillfully through the defence and score! i have managed to score two or three times from outside the box, but most just hit the post or bar.