1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FIFA 2005 confirms EA incompetence

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Munkey Boy, Oct 9, 2004.

1. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,379
    For me anyway. I have had close to no problems on Live, but now I've tried both EAs online titles, and after the Burnout mess I'm having trouble with FIFA too. Constantly receiving "You have been signed out of EA servers. Do you want to sign in?" messages for no reason, and if that wasn't annoying enough when I try and sign back in it crashes the Xbox. Hopefully just teething problems, but do they not playtest?

Shame on you EA. You've got not a bad system, but if it doesn't work its irrelevant how good your system is. I had some fun tonight when I could get it going, but couldn't help thinking about how good Pro Evo will be when it comes. FIFA's going back and roll on Nov 26!

2. captaineyecatch

captaineyecatch

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Thats why I wont be buying any EA Live games - you spend more time messing around trying to get in a game than actually playing one.
    What the hell EA where thinking - Xbox live works great with very little, if any problems - so why EA did you decide to use your own servers?? which cant handle anything - its just so they have control and we all know they will switch the servers off when burnout 4 / fifa 2006 etc come out. Unlike Xbox live which keeps the servers going even if its a really old game.

3. Pooon

Pooon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +731
    So thats why you disapeared last night then mate. I saw you was on, so came of PGR2 and over to Fifa, but you had already gone. I managed to play 2 games on live, 0-0 and 1-0(win) before i gave up with the nastyness of it.

4. Geoggy

Geoggy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +147
    ive had no problems with the live interface - not one.

the fact i am unable to score a goal is my gripe. its dead hard!!

5. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Don't worry mate when we get pro evo 4 on live i'll show you how to score. ;)

6. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,122
    Sounds like we have some decent PES players on here - should be able to get a decent league going :) . Can't wait until the XBox version comes out - until then i'll be playing religiously on the PS2 version.

7. Munkey Boy

Munkey Boy
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,379
    Can I come clean and say I'm enjoying FIFA now. I've still had a couple of disconnects since last Friday (even with my new Live compatable Linksys router), but the experience is alot better now. I hate to say it, but I'm actually quite enjoying it.

Still going back when Pro Evo 4 comes though - no competition.

8. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,122
    I've got a mate who comes round for the odd PES session, after I recently introduced him to the game and he actually asked me today - "why don't you bother with that FIFA game, it looks pretty good?"

I know the 04 & 05 versions are slightly better but in an attempt to best illustrate why I play PES and not FIFA I simply booted up a copy of FIFA 2003 that somehow still resides in my PS2 collection.

The response was simply "Hmmm Point taken, please put PES back on" after about 3 or 4 kicks of the ball.

I guess until the XB version comes out it is either play FIFA if you want online play (hmm I seriously think i'll wait) or play PES4 or WE8 on the PS2 with some mates and just wait of online play. November 26th or whenever the official release date is seems painfully far away at the moment though :(

9. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    Yeah i'm hoping we can get an AV league going when it comes out. :thumbsup:
    I'll also be playing the ps2 vesion untill then, because there is no way i'm waiting another month to play pes4. :D

10. jelly

jelly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    the pro evo on x-box is totally awesone its so good i will be buying a x-box just for that game

11. UncagedTyphoon

UncagedTyphoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Fifa na had enough of Burnout live problems which is soon to be top of my ebay sales list not because I dont like the game but due to the Problems I will be waiting for the daddy of all football games Pro Evo 4.
    If there is so much grief and you need a footy game on live sounds like you need to look at EIF which is not great Footy game but least it works on live.
    Just another EA Screw up which I will not be bothering with until this EA stuff is sorted
    And like you Killa I also heve the Ps2 beta version but dont get enough time to play this and live

12. Stevo99

Stevo99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    anyone for a game of FiFa on Live PM me

13. -Spike-

-Spike-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +219
    Go on LFC FAN ;)

14. Stevo99

Stevo99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    yeah come on

15. Solar

Solar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +478
    EA dont switch off servers lol, the servers themselves are just Pc's, im sure they just install a new server config to run with the newer game
    its not going to take a big process keeping the old one alive either, so the only time they will turn them off or uninstall them will be when the majority start playing the new game online

16. -Jay-

-Jay-
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +135
    LOL :laugh:
    I'd love nothing more than to give the man u fan a lesson in football but i dont have fifa. :D

17. Stevo99

Stevo99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Get to Blockbuster and i'll give you a whoopin! :devil:

18. hi_robb

hi_robb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lo there,

I bought both Fifa 2005 on Xbox and Pes 4 on Ps2 yesterday while in town, seen em both out and coudln't resist. MY m8 bought Fifa 2005 on ps2 during the week and brought it round, my first thoughts were "It hasn't changed much, same old crap".

We tried it online and it was unplayable, it stutters and jerks to hell.

Anyway back to the xbox version.

I bought it expecting to take it back today, but I'll admit that I'm enjoying playing online. Gameplay is as smooth as offline which is great. Gameplay wise it still feels like you are playing on rails though. I never feel like I have complete control of Fifa, unlike Pes.

Is it me or are the graphics in Fifa getting worse? I cannot seem to get the contrast / brighness right in this game. It either looks too dark or too bright.

Pes 4 on the other hand is as superb as ever, stunning graphics, hugely playable, but come on Konami get those teams sorted out please. Once again we are given crap team names + flags etc. I know on ps2 I can xport an option file, but xbox isn't going to have that functionalitty so on xbox we will be left with crap team names etc unless we spend hours changing them.

Pes rocks for playabillty, no game has held me in it's grip like it, but this team thing is getting beyond a joke nowadays.

Dave

19. CAS FAN

CAS FAN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,122
    I just copy the files on to cd-r to use on my PS2 - don't bother with X-Port etc. You'll be able to do the same on X-Box. You could also just FTP them across from your PC I guess.