Fifa 2003 - XBOX

I have the xbox version and it's the best fifa game i have played yet. Its better than iss2 and pro evolution soccer (the first one). Can't compare to pes2 but if it's anything like pes1 then it won't be that good.

Fifi2003 - great graphics and sound effect and much improved gameplay. As with all footy games the commentators are cr*p!!

Also gets a bit challenging on higher difficulty settings..

Definatley worth getting. You could always rent first!

Too late, gone out and bought out......only to find I had picked up the GameCube version up instead :rolleyes:

Im sorry TV Dude but you have just proved you no
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT COMPUTER GAME FOOTY!!

if you really believe that any FIFA game can come close to the gameplay of any of the Pro EVo series then you are sadly mislead.

JAG , under no circumstances buy FIFA 2003/004/005 etc over any Pro EVO game it is pants .

Read any magazine review or website if you do not believe me.
PRO EVO regularly gets 9/10 or 10/10 esp for gameplay.
FIFA gets 7/10 or 8/10 mainly because of presentation and the
licences.

[Edited by moderator]

you said it all mate..;)
Whilst Fifa 2003 is better than the previous outings it does not come close to ProEvo. Shameful to say such things..
Ball physics..nuff said..;)

All i can say is that i have played all computer football games from dawn of console \ pc gaming.

personally, I think fifa2003 is a good football game. I did not say it was the best. It has improved on the previous versions which were cr*p. I have played Iss2 and pro evo 1 for endless hours and did not think that they were the best footy games around. I cannot comment on pro evo 2 has i have yet to play.

Magazine \ web reviews are only a guide and you should only take what they say with a pinch of salt. No game is perfect so 10/10 should not be given. All footy games have faults.

It's not rubbish advice spacecat. Personally if someone has to ask someone else what to get then you will always get different opinions. In the end it's up too you. If in doubt play in the shop or rent.

I had played a demo version on the PC and thought it was a huge improvement over the previous incarnations. Although it might not be a PES beater I am hoping it is at least not far behind it.

I guess I'll find out tomorrow when I exchange it for my own platform version.

You also have to remember that there isn't a great deal footie-wise on the X-Box so for the moment we are stuck with FIFA regardless.

well it all depends how seriously you take your footy , if you just want a casual football game the fifa will be ok.

if you want the closest thing to real football you can get in a game then PRO evo IS THE ONLY GAME!!

is pes 2 on pc???
is pes2 on gamecube?
xbox??????

untill then fifa 2003 IS the only decent footy game on these systems

we'd love pes2 on the game cube or pc but its not so im happy with fifa untill then.......

So please fan boys stop banging on about it..:eek:

respectamonkee
1.whether FIFA could be described as 'decent' is a matter for discussion.

2.who cares whether you are happy or not ? you did not start this thread so mind your own business

3. the person who started the thread asked for a comparison
between FIFA and PS2 , I gave him my honest opinion

You really should learn to read what the original question in a thread is about before you go sticking your nose in!!!

People giving their honest opinions is a good thing. Getting aggressive and abusing someone because you don't agree with them isn't.

Odd that you say some things are up for discussion, but when someone offers a point of view you don't agree with you call it 'rubbish advice'.

If the only person who could reply to a thread was the person who started it then it wouldn't be much of a discussion and anyone is free to offer their opinion (that's the point of the forum) so long as they don't resort childish arguments and abuse.

Spacecat i think your missing my point....

I'd love to have pes2 on my platform... as IT DOES SOUND WICKED!!!

But you guys with pes seem to like rubbing our nose's in it a little.

I was in no way having a pop m8ty....just adding an opinion...

So there was no need for your rather stinging responce...

But no harm done
:p

Originally posted by tvdude
I have the xbox version and it's the best fifa game i have played yet. Its better than iss2 and pro evolution soccer (the first one).

personally, I think fifa 2003 is a good football game. I did not say it was the best.
:confused:

The first quote says that it is better than other FIFA games and better than ISS2 and the first Pro Evo. At no point does he say he thinks it is the very best game available. So what's your point?

So there is a better footie game on the Ps2 than there is on the Xbox. Big deal. Why must PS2 fanboys clutch at morsels like this in order to slag off other consoles?

I think some people here need to learn to read before posting. What started as a perfectly straight-forward question has been twisted into a PS2 fanboy console bashing session (for a change).

It's very tiresome and wastes people's time when they want to read sensible comments.

S

paiger,

thanks mate - at least someone is reading this post properly. As you say I said that FIFA2003 was the best FIFA game available. I also think it is better than iss2 and pes1 (my opinion). IT IS NOT THE BEST footy game available.

Please read comment properly before replying - thanks

As I started the thread, and have now purchased FIFA 2003, I'll add a few comments having played both games.

First off, in terms of a realistic football game in terms of how it should be played then PES wins and it requires a more thoughtful approach than FIFA. However, FIFA is not far behind as you can play in two modes with one being fast and arcade-like and the other slower and more realistic.

The graphics on FIFA win hands-down and the whole ballplay and control I think is as good as, if not better, than PES.

Actually controlling the players is probably the same on both games in terms of ease. Neither are particularly easy to get the hang of but aren't overly complex either although the knock-offs and skills using the right stick on the XBox looks like it could be very impressive and is certainly better than the PES where you can only do the one skill.

The music on FIFA is much better using the latest hit singles from various artists.

Overall both games have their own merits, although neither game particularly stands out from the other.

PES is the best game from the PS and FIFA 2003 is the best game for the XBox. Simple.

In comparison to the debacle that was Fifa World Cup on the XBOX this version is a revelation ! Fantastic fun. The Gamecube version is also excellent. They have all 3 Celtic strips perfectly modelled. You are my Larsson, my Henrik Larsson you make me happy............ :D
PS Even Neil Lennon looks fat. How's that for detail. Must be the hooped jersey;)

Paiger/tvdude

I aren't no PS2 fanboy, i hate the childish arguments as well as you proberly do.

I wasn't being funny, but thats how it come over to me at the time. That you said it was the best and then said it wasn't, but i had a bit to drink last night (nothing new).

Sorry guys.

:)

ahhh SO THIS IS THE XBOX FANBOY SITE sorry my mistake!!

Because i have an opinion on what i like im a fanboy(whatever that actually is) but obviously you Xbox owners are so totally rational and fair in your appraisal.
Personally i really couldnt give a cute fluffy bunny about any console lets face it they are all made by huge money grabbing corporations, it just so happens that the one that has the games i like to play is the PS2!

If Xbox suddenly got games I wanted I would drop the PS2 like a shot !!sadly for me it has not so right now i wont bother .

Mind you at the way its price is plummeting they will be giving them away free in boxes of cornflakes soon (thats a joke BTW)

The original question which I was answering was
'How does FIFA 2003 on Xbox compare to Pro evo2'.

The simple answer shared by football conissouers(spelt wrong i know) is that there is no comparison .

Unless you played some magical Xbox version of FIFA 2K3 (and i have played it , and the PC version and the ps2 version) then im afraid you are sadly mistaken.The same jerky unresponsive gameplay that can be traced back to the mega drive days is still present and correct as usual, though to be fair it is a bit better than previous outings.To behonest the best ever FIFA game was 'Road to the world cup 1998!!!' on N64!!

Now I was told off for saying its bad advice , well NOT ALL ADVICE IS GOOD!! Still if your happy then your happy and thats the main thing isnt it.

Can i also recommend , some more cracking games you will enjoy
: ARMY MEN, ARMY MEN 2,Legends of Wrestling and Leisure Suit Larry.

hi i`ve played pes on ps2 for about 250hrs sad i know but i love it.& i would never have played a fifa game as they were ****.but i needed a footy game for xbox so i thought i would give it a go as iss2 is **** & i like it a lot. so it may not be as good as pes but it`s not bad & if you haven`t got ps2 then give it a go.don`t forget pes or pes2 have got there faults.

Originally posted by Spacecat
respectamonkee
1.whether FIFA could be described as 'decent' is a matter for discussion.

2.who cares whether you are happy or not ? you did not start this thread so mind your own business

3. the person who started the thread asked for a comparison
between FIFA and PS2 , I gave him my honest opinion

You really should learn to read what the original question in a thread is about before you go sticking your nose in!!!

That's enough. This is not the right attitude to have on this forum. If your post again with this kind of aggressive language you will be banned. Read the forum rules.

Originally posted by tvdude
All i can say is that i have played all computer football games from dawn of console \ pc gaming.

personally, I think fifa2003 is a good football game. I did not say it was the best. It has improved on the previous versions which were cr*p. I have played Iss2 and pro evo 1 for endless hours and did not think that they were the best footy games around. I cannot comment on pro evo 2 has i have yet to play.

Magazine \ web reviews are only a guide and you should only take what they say with a pinch of salt. No game is perfect so 10/10 should not be given. All footy games have faults.

It's not rubbish advice spacecat. Personally if someone has to ask someone else what to get then you will always get different opinions. In the end it's up too you. If in doubt play in the shop or rent.

if you think FIFA plays a more realistic game then PES1, never mind PES2 your in a small minority

ironduke have you played fifa 2003 no it does not play like pes1.which i love but it does play a very good game of football.pes2 i did not like i think pes1 is better but that is a different story.

Originally posted by liverpool
ironduke have you played fifa 2003 no it does not play like pes1.which i love but it does play a very good game of football.pes2 i did not like i think pes1 is better but that is a different story.

Yes I have played FIFA2003 its a good bit better then the last FIFA but not in PES1 or 2's class, this time out FIFA has copied somethings from PES, so no wonder it's better then the last one:)

also whats the deal with the defenders?
If you just stand there they wont even tackle.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom