Demo is usually an older build, I played a couple of games of it and I didn't think it felt vastly different from 19 to be honest.

I played Volta and just didn't enjoy it, can't see it being that long lasting tbh.

I've removed the demo for now, I'll re-visit this game when the EA Access have the 10 hour trial so I can see what the full game would actually be liked but based off of the demo at this moment in time I'm pleased I pre-ordered PES.

This person always tells the truth getting annoyed at EA and their corruption of Fifa over the last years at now

It’s a game of rigged frustration

Damian Collins is the English mp looking into gambling I’m going to tell him that EA also rig the game of Fifa and have been for years now

Last edited:
I know I'm in the minority here, but I really like the FIFA 20 demo. the slower pace as well as the increased requirement for manual defending makes is a much better games than previous versions.

My worry is that they will edit out both of these features either in the final game or in a post-launch patch as the sheep won't be able to cope and the comments on twitter etc. will be used as ammunition to simplify the game.

When is this out for ps4 ea access members ?

When is this out for ps4 ea access members ?
EA Access guys tweeted something along the lines of going live on the morning of the 19th in the pacific time zone and aiming to begin the rollout before noon

Bit annoying that Europe I imagine is where the most copies of it are brought, yet its released to accommodate the yanks

I'm still enjoying this. But I'm struggling to defend against crosses. I'm playing on legendary level and can win most games but I seem to concede most of my goals when a player gets beyond my full back and gets a cross to the 6 yard box. Even if my defender looks first to the ball I never seem to get a clearance in. I'm wondering whether I'm timing my button presses wrong?

Luckily I have EA access, so have been able to play this for free.

Ultimate Team is worst than ever. You no longer have the EA catalogue, which gave you over 60,000 free coins, via the coin boost. Now you have a system much like Fortnite, where you now earn coin boosts by completing challenges.

Of course they would remove all the free coin boosts, how dare we get free coins.

Yes you can get some coin boosts via the new system but again, I don't have lots of time to play certain modes or do certain challenges to unlock them.

Again, it is just another clever ploy in limiting free coins.

The game itself is basically the very same as the previous 3/4 Fifa's. The same annoying bugs still happening. Like defenders not switching, or completely missing a ball to allow the other team to run through.

Stil got 6 hours of the 10 hours free trial to play but won't bother.

I’m seeing same reviews for Fifa 20 as Fifa 19 on meta critic. In game fixer/bot/scripter still frustrating to play against is one review which was fifa 19 all over. Still a game of chance depending on scripting engine another review.

Watched a stream from xwf gaming and it looks like fifa 19 90 min goal and still same frustrating interceptions and hitting posts. He lost one game and commented that his opponent was destined to win the game getting all the luck, which was fifa 19 all over again

Last edited:
I’m just happy to finally see WBA’s yellow & green kits on the game after being missed off last year

Anyone else had an issue with trophies unlocking on this?

I won both a king of the mountain match and a mystery ball match last night but haven't had the trophy pop.

So did anyone buy this in the end?

I remember the time I’d queue up the night Fifa was coming out and take the next day off to play it. Now I see the game for how bad ea have got over the years and how they’ve started manipulating everything that I can’t actually stand the game anymore.

Even meta critic scores have got lower since it’s come out with so many players really disliking it and ea

It’s a joke really how it’s turned so bad but it’s because of Andrew Wilson and what he’s done to it

I would say that the new pack opening video I’ve seen is even worse for gambling addiction it takes you through tunnel and depending how far that tunnel goes depends on how good a player your get. Gambling is tunnel vision you only see the anticipated gain and they’ve made this even worse now

The actual gameplay is not to bad this year, yet again pace is even more relevant than previous years. If you have a fast forward line, then you are pretty much sorted.

EA really have no ideas about ratings either. Timo Werner last year had multiple IFs and even a TOTS card. Yet this season he gets downgraded lol. Yet you then get Lingard who had 0 assits and 0 goals in 2019, yet no downgrade.

Stuff like that really annoys me.

Been enjoying this, mainly playing FUT

Biggest issue now is coming up against people that jsut have paces players and icons

Been enjoying this, mainly playing FUT

Biggest issue now is coming up against people that jsut have paces players and icons

Pace is more important than ever, which is a shame. As take away pace, the base game is actually good this year.

Pace though is ruining yet another Fifa.

Can see that in the prices to, 89 rated Kane is 25,000 coins, yet 87 rated Son with 88 pace is 600,000 coins

I was quite enjoying it this year. As a person who primarily plays Pro Clubs, the slight changes made the game slightly more life like. Slower paced, more manual tackling, harder to break down defences..

Then they went and patched it. Haven't played it since.

Some footballer from the Championship spent over £6000 on Fifa Points this evening for a TOTY pack opening.

He did not pull one TOTY player.

The actual gameplay is not to bad this year, yet again pace is even more relevant than previous years. If you have a fast forward line, then you are pretty much sorted.

EA really have no ideas about ratings either. Timo Werner last year had multiple IFs and even a TOTS card. Yet this season he gets downgraded lol. Yet you then get Lingard who had 0 assits and 0 goals in 2019, yet no downgrade.

Stuff like that really annoys me.
Pace is more important than ever, which is a shame. As take away pace, the base game is actually good this year.

Pace though is ruining yet another Fifa.

Can see that in the prices to, 89 rated Kane is 25,000 coins, yet 87 rated Son with 88 pace is 600,000 coins

I'm new to FIFA having not played a footie game since PES in 2009. I've spent probably 20 hours playing FIFA. I hate it!

Pace is everything and it seems every player can do amazing defence cutting triangle button passes. Why is this the case? You basically lump it to the corners, with fast forwards/wingers the defending team have got no chance.

The mechanics of the game are purely setup for end to end football, and ultimately who can break faster on the counter. I found you get zero reward for patiently building up play - as is the case in real football when opposition is good. PES did this infinitely better.

The other hugely frustrating thing is defending as a whole. In PES, generally when you lost a goal it was your fault. In FIFA players miss the ball so often, miss headers even when they're planted and favourite. You feel hard done by rather than outskilled. That's not the right balance.

Any mug with fast players and bashing the triangle button at every opportunity to get forward is rewarded. Even when you know which way a through ball is going and run that way, the forward always gets a mini boost and gets ahead of you.

Put this altogether and there is no delight in winning, and you feel hard done by whenever you lose. It doesn't reward skills, it rewards pace and mistakes (that are out of your hands).

Graphics, presentation, all amazing but it's the emperor with no clothes. Very little substance. My son will continue playing this button bashing game, so it's not a total waste of money. 4/10 for me.

The worst part is the game takes over and you can’t control it. You’ll be 2 up then your opponent has a spell where he scores 2 goals straight back for no reason. There’s lots of issues with the game around scripting and constant promotions for loot boxes

EA made $1.5 billion in net revenue during the last year from the Ultimate Team modes in Madden/Fifa/NHL

This didn't even include the money from the NBA game they released, which apparently earnt over $300 million in revenue from Ultimate Team.

Unfortunately this money making machine that has killed Fifa for people not willing to spend lots of money on, is not ending anytime soon

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom