Definitely feels slower

Reviews on Amazon showing 51% with one star.......is it really that bad?

I don’t think it’s that bad, really enjoying it tbh, didn’t play 18 Much but this feels better, had a lot of close exciting games online too

Is it just me or is this game terrible? The players seem slow to react and they feel like they're running in treacle, especially when trying to change direction. Also the shooting seems v random and the keepers terrible and more prone to letting in long range shots.

I've been playing Fifa for years and when a new version comes out i've usually come to grips with the changes pretty quickly but now the game play seems so awful that i've barely played it since its release. It just doesn't seem fun anymore.

See EA have yet again upset the community. There was no free stuff over Christmas on Fifa 19, yet just now, they have given 4 free icons on Fifa 18 lol.

Got to love EA, no one plays Fifa 18, all the promotional stuff is for Fifa 19, yet lets give some awesome stuff away on a old game

See EA have yet again upset the community. There was no free stuff over Christmas on Fifa 19, yet just now, they have given 4 free icons on Fifa 18 lol.

Got to love EA, no one plays Fifa 18, all the promotional stuff is for Fifa 19, yet lets give some awesome stuff away on a old game

Well I'm a PES boy now. Not looked back since I started 19. All the whistles and bells aren't as good as Fifa I'll admit; PES's menus and presentation are woeful. But on the pitch where it matters, it's bucket loads better.

I know these type of posts get frowned upon in the FIFA section :D but I hadn't looked beyond Fifa for the last 6 or 7 years. I'm glad though I now have. FIFA's gameplay is utter garbage this year, as it was last year too. I can only hope others see the light!

EA have long stopped caring about the FIFA franchise; except for how much money they can make off the idiots hammering UT. It's a shame, but not surprising for those that know what EA are like. They've gotten totally lazy with FIFA now, but know they'll sell millions of copies every year with minimal effort.

Well I'm a PES boy now. Not looked back since I started 19. All the whistles and bells aren't as good as Fifa I'll admit; PES's menus and presentation are woeful. But on the pitch where it matters, it's bucket loads better.

I know these type of posts get frowned upon in the FIFA section :D but I hadn't looked beyond Fifa for the last 6 or 7 years. I'm glad though I now have. FIFA's gameplay is utter garbage this year, as it was last year too. I can only hope others see the light!

EA have long stopped caring about the FIFA franchise; except for how much money they can make off the idiots hammering UT. It's a shame, but not surprising for those that know what EA are like. They've gotten totally lazy with FIFA now, but know they'll sell millions of copies every year with minimal effort.

You seen the latest promo they have done? All about making them money as per usual.

Added 21 new cards of young players that may be the next future stars. So you the likes of Foden of City now having a 88 rated card and Sanco a 90 rated card.

Just a bloody joke, the game is flooded with so many high rated over priced cards now and this is just sums it all up.

They even have a 18 year old from Real Madrid who has only played 9 games, yet he gets a 92 rated card.

They won't do it but for me Fifa needs a big reboot and starting fresh again. Strip back UT, make career mode much better, Fifa Clubs could and should be awesome to. Yet none of this will happen.

You seen the latest promo they have done? All about making them money as per usual.

Added 21 new cards of young players that may be the next future stars. So you the likes of Foden of City now having a 88 rated card and Sanco a 90 rated card.

Just a bloody joke, the game is flooded with so many high rated over priced cards now and this is just sums it all up.

They even have a 18 year old from Real Madrid who has only played 9 games, yet he gets a 92 rated card.

They won't do it but for me Fifa needs a big reboot and starting fresh again. Strip back UT, make career mode much better, Fifa Clubs could and should be awesome to. Yet none of this will happen.

No they never will mate. Massive cash cow, for the sheer minimal effort.

I've been playing MyClub on PES, and whilst far from perfect, its head and shoulders more fun than UT. And you don't need to spend any real money or serious time to get a good team. And because the gameplay is much better anyway, the online matches are better contests.

And I must comment on the lack of lag on PES too. I've been very pleasantly surprised.

I apologise again anyway for talking PES in the Fifa thread, but I think there's a lot of guys in both the PS and Xbox sections who are finally really missing out this year. I've been a longtime Fifa guy - as most here have - but not anymore. I'm glad I had a good look at PES, it's great to finally play a decent football game.

No they never will mate. Massive cash cow, for the sheer minimal effort.

I've been playing MyClub on PES, and whilst far from perfect, its head and shoulders more fun than UT. And you don't need to spend any real money or serious time to get a good team. And because the gameplay is much better anyway, the online matches are better contests.

And I must comment on the lack of lag on PES too. I've been very pleasantly surprised.

I apologise again anyway for talking PES in the Fifa thread, but I think there's a lot of guys in both the PS and Xbox sections who are finally really missing out this year. I've been a longtime Fifa guy - as most here have - but not anymore. I'm glad I had a good look at PES, it's great to finally play a decent football game.

No need to apologise, the Fifa forum is dead, sums up the game. For me, more so this year, there is no enjoyment at all.

On FUT you have two main modes, Division Rivals and of course Weeknd League. In the Weekend League you still have 30 games to play in few days, now I work full time and have 2 kids, so trying to play 30, 20 minutes games of Fifa in 3 ( more like 2) days is near impossible.

Yet here is the problem, if you don't get to Silver 1, which is a minimum of 11 wins, you won't qualify for the weekend league for the following week.

So you then have to play lots of games in the Division Rivals to gain the FUT points to gain access to the weekend league.

Just no fun at all. You feel like you are pressured to keep playing these games as if you don't, you don't get the big rewards ect. The game is not for casual players any more.

Will give PES a go as can download the lite version for free. Can't even sell my copy of Fifa, been on the classifieds for weeks!

No need to apologise, the Fifa forum is dead, sums up the game. For me, more so this year, there is no enjoyment at all.

On FUT you have two main modes, Division Rivals and of course Weeknd League. In the Weekend League you still have 30 games to play in few days, now I work full time and have 2 kids, so trying to play 30, 20 minutes games of Fifa in 3 ( more like 2) days is near impossible.

Yet here is the problem, if you don't get to Silver 1, which is a minimum of 11 wins, you won't qualify for the weekend league for the following week.

So you then have to play lots of games in the Division Rivals to gain the FUT points to gain access to the weekend league.

Just no fun at all. You feel like you are pressured to keep playing these games as if you don't, you don't get the big rewards ect. The game is not for casual players any more.

Will give PES a go as can download the lite version for free. Can't even sell my copy of Fifa, been on the classifieds for weeks!

Christ, didn't realise it was like that. Sounds dreadful. I know there's a few guys in the Xbox section hammering it, and looks like they have been spending real money on it too. Each to their own, but given how it plays that'd be suicide to me! :laugh:

I think you'll enjoy PES anyway mate. If only for a refreshing change. The AI and movement of players is world's apart from Fifa. And there's lots of little tweaks like the manual passing and shooting that really give it an edge.

I haven't played FIFA since about the end of October (apart from a few games here and there with my Brother). I fancied a game online the other night to see if I could get back into it and the gameplay was an absolute joke, it was like watching a pinball machine with the ball bouncing and ricocheting here, there and everywhere.

Then the next day I see them with their latest promotion that Stu was referring to with the future stars. Players like Phil Foden and Guendouzi getting 87/88 rated cards with stats similar to Icons and are going for ~500,000 coins. This is just a week or two after the Team of the Year cards were released as well I think?

I used to love Ultimate Team, but it's just getting ridiculous now with the amount of special cards that are creeping their way into the game. At the start of the season you had the Champions' League cards as well that were only +1 better than their normal versions and going for silly amounts of coins too.

Sadly, I can't see anything changing anytime soon and it'll only get worse as long as they're making a killing from FIFA points.

I haven't played FIFA since about the end of October (apart from a few games here and there with my Brother). I fancied a game online the other night to see if I could get back into it and the gameplay was an absolute joke, it was like watching a pinball machine with the ball bouncing and ricocheting here, there and everywhere.

Then the next day I see them with their latest promotion that Stu was referring to with the future stars. Players like Phil Foden and Guendouzi getting 87/88 rated cards with stats similar to Icons and are going for ~500,000 coins. This is just a week or two after the Team of the Year cards were released as well I think?

I used to love Ultimate Team, but it's just getting ridiculous now with the amount of special cards that are creeping their way into the game. At the start of the season you had the Champions' League cards as well that were only +1 better than their normal versions and going for silly amounts of coins too.

Sadly, I can't see anything changing anytime soon and it'll only get worse as long as they're making a killing from FIFA points.

Crazy isn't it? That new future stars promo is the end of UT for me and it has not gone down well at all with a lot of players. Like you say, just had team of the year, which loads of people spent coins and real money on.

Yet a week later, hey lets release 21 more players all high 80s and 90s and get them to spend even more. No way should these new players be rated higher than some icons, crazy.

The game as well is awful anyway. Ping pong non stop, to fast ect.

The only slight hope is that the courts ban the buying of card packs. Then they will have to change the way UT work. Otherwise, with them making literally billions a year from UT, it will never change

Crazy isn't it? That new future stars promo is the end of UT for me and it has not gone down well at all with a lot of players. Like you say, just had team of the year, which loads of people spent coins and real money on.

Yet a week later, hey lets release 21 more players all high 80s and 90s and get them to spend even more. No way should these new players be rated higher than some icons, crazy.

The game as well is awful anyway. Ping pong non stop, to fast ect.

The only slight hope is that the courts ban the buying of card packs. Then they will have to change the way UT work. Otherwise, with them making literally billions a year from UT, it will never change

They'll be screwed if the courts ban the buying of packs. I'd like to see it happen though.

There's so many exploits in the game as well from kick-off goals, scoring from near-post corners to the overpowered low-driven shot across goal. I've enjoyed playing UT over the years, but this year I've started to really hate it and the way it's going.

People in Belgium will no longer be able to buy FIFA Points as from the 31st January. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come and other countries will soon follow suit.

That’s a big change for fifa and a good one. If EA can’t make money on ultimate team they could go under and they deserve it, the amount of franchises they have destroyed, battlefield, titanfall, fifa, need for speed, Star Wars. It’s the EA corporates that took control of these franchises to squeeze gamers out of as much money as possible and thus made all these games frustrating and unenjoyable to play

Fifa 11 was the last version to feature my team & i made a vow not to buy another physical copy of fifa until my team made a return to league football (should be on course for a copy of fifa 30 at this rate :rotfl:) However i got my daughter a ps4 recently & it came with Fifa 19 bundled so i relented & fired it up......Total disappointment.

I only ever play career mode & used to enjoy starting out at random minnows from around the world & trying to build them up & take on the big boys in whatever league i'd chosen, & gradually getting progressively better job offers to advance my career. I was looking forward to doing this in fifa 19, Initially i was impressed with the career mode extra features available compared to fifa 11 & thought i'm going to enjoy this, then i actually played a match.

It's absolutely turgid! I used to play on legendary but thought i'd start on world class to get used to the change in physics, Playing as my 2nd team Pompey i think i managed about 1 win out of my 1st 8 games scoring about 2 goals in the process, tried dropping the level to pro to see if it eased up a bit & i could get to grips with it better, no difference. The game just isn't fun & doesn't even feel like football, it's soft & treacly, people bemoaned the ping pong passing nature of older fifa games but the only way i seem to be able to hold onto the ball for any length of time is to ping pong it about albeit in a lot slower fashion, running past players seemed impossible even with my paciest players, no matter who i played or what their stats were the opposition always played like Barcelona & never seemed to miss a tackle either! & i'd be lucky if i managed more than 2 shots on target for the whole match. Now i like a challenge & i wouldn't enjoy trouncing every team 5-0 either but there doesn't seem to be any balance in this game at all.

So i'll guess i'll go back to my original vow & hope things are better in fifa 30!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom