Quantcast

FIFA 18

low-def.

Did enjoy a few games on career mode and the journey last night. Gameplay is so different to FUT.
in my opinion the game plays much worse on FUT.

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
Having never played FUT, the career mode keepers are exceptional. Maybe this is the bug everyone is mentioning?

LeftyXXIII

Having never played FUT, the career mode keepers are exceptional. Maybe this is the bug everyone is mentioning?
Most likely, it's what I'm referring to and a few of the guys I play online with say the same thing.

Bogside

One of the fixes in the new patch is to fix the radar colours (which someone on here was asking about). 1.6gb patch overall so fairly big.

HRF1T2007

Over on the official forums people saying PC patch has just turned game into Fifa 17 again not sure when it is due to hit consoles

Bogside

I hate it since the patch. They seem to have nerfed everything. It's like starting again with a different game. I was winning squad battles easily on either world class or legendary now I'm getting battered on legendary as the AI players seem to play like legends even when they should be slower or weaker than some of my players.

stu646

One of the fixes in the new patch is to fix the radar colours (which someone on here was asking about). 1.6gb patch overall so fairly big.
That was me! A small but important change for me as I always look at the radar and was doing my head in having white dots while wearing black.

As for the patch overall, only had 3 games and not noticed the game play change to much but I was playing online not against the AI

low-def.

I can’t play FUT at all. Feels a very unbalanced broken game compared to career mode and the Journey.

silvercue

Distinguished Member
I am thinking of upgrading to a Ps4 Pro and get FIFA. Is it enhanced for Pro in other ways or does it just give a 4K option?

stu646

I am thinking of upgrading to a Ps4 Pro and get FIFA. Is it enhanced for Pro in other ways or does it just give a 4K option?
Only got a pro last week and in the PS4 settings just make sure you have the screen resolution up to 4k, HDR on if you have it and make sure the HDCP is at 2.2. Also turn on boost mode and you will be good to go.

Fifa looks very clear but my god Battlefield 1 looks immense on 4k. Everything is so clear. Plus you get Netflix, Amazon and YouTube all in 4k as well.

stu646

Anyone else finding the only real way to win games is by doing ping pong passing? Is way to easy and it creates loads of chances. Not a fun way of playing though. Keepers have improved pre patch.

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
FUT or career?

Career is difficult but i find with pingpong it automatically gives a poor pass after 4 or more.

stu646

On FUT, I can score via other ways but doing pingpong is pretty easy this year and very effective, more so when you use a narrow formation and play passes in small triangles.

LeftyXXIII

Have been battered this weekend in the FUT Champions, currently sitting at 4 wins and 5 losses. Naturally the standard of the opponent has improved but my connection is worse (full house this weekend) so I’m not competitive as I’m always playing catch-up.

It does allow me to continue on with the Journey (which is ok but nothing to shout about).

stu646

I concede nearly all my goals from wingers sprinting past my non existent LB/RB. I have the instructions for them to stay back, but all the time they are just not there and I can never bloody catch the 90 plus pace wingers!

low-def.

The online side of this game is extremely broken.
After playing my first few games online I’ve had enough. No enjoyment whatsoever. Everyone picks Barca and runs right through your team.

Players are unbalanced, time after time I saw Iniesta and Busquets sprinting past the likes of Mane,Salah and Sane. Absolutely ridiculous.

Kolmes

Advice required! I'm playing a lot of squad battle as the rewards are pretty good for an average player like myself. I am resolutely sticking to playing at Legendary level, even though 4 times out of 5, I will get beat (rewards are still good!). These games are always really tight, often going to extra time, but I just cant get over the line most of the time.

Has anyone got any advice on beating legendary regularly? is there a formation that makes this a bit easier? Any particular tactic that would help?

BB3Lions

Distinguished Member
FIFA18, the game that if they want the other team to win, you can't-do $£& to stop them.
FIFA18, the game that tackling for you is near impossible, yet the other team can take you down like a Russian sniper from 100m.
FIFA18, the game that doesn't give freekicks/penalties unless you're the AI.

I wonder why so many remotes get launched into TV screens lol

stu646

New Fifa same old sh*te.

Think may sell this soon. Online it just gets me so angry. All my defenders take a age to turn or get stuck in some crappy slow animation, while some 90 pace forward runs past.

Not enjoying it at all any more.

low-def.

Mines gone already lol No point in forcing myself to enjoy something.

stu646

Mines gone already lol No point in forcing myself to enjoy something.
Don't blame you. I went on tonight, after just 10 mins of playing and my defender's standing like statues. Going 2.0 down, I turned it straight off. No enjoyment.

Turned on Fortnite Battle Royale and had a great time.

low-def.

Don't blame you. I went on tonight, after just 10 mins of playing and my defender's standing like statues. Going 2.0 down, I turned it straight off. No enjoyment.

Turned on Fortnite Battle Royale and had a great time.
Which is what gaming is supposed to be about :)

LeftyXXIII

Since going five at the back (dirty tactic I know) I've found it much better online - if you commit with a defender you always have at least two back for cover, meaning you can be more aggressive with your defending and press higher - you're harder to break down and as a result, the opponent often over commits leaving you to attack on the counter.

LeftyXXIII

If people are still interested in doing an AVF Fifa tournament let me know and I'll get something lined up :)