FIFA 18 Ultimate Team

Olly C

Prominent Member
Reaction score
It looks like there will be lots of new information released on August 1st about the upcoming Ultimate Team mode so here's the new thread to put it all in.

Firstly four of the new "ICON" items stats have now been confirmed and they are as follows:

IMG_20170731_170444.jpg

IMG_20170731_170536.jpg

IMG_20170731_170448.jpg

IMG_20170731_170410.jpg

Yashin - get in there

Yahsir Qureshi on Twitter

This tweet in relation to Henry at LW sort of suggests either there will be more position modifying cards or formations that use LF/RF as sort of ST's so they'll be on 10 chem, guess we'll find out soon!

I saw that. Goddamn it [emoji23]

I might have to spend a bit at the start to get some of those.. I wonder if it's just random that you pack a version of them or if there is some twist to getting/switching them..

Hopefully we find out in 10 mins :D

Watching the live stream. Praying for a Spurs icon.

DGKetWBXgAQzRVH.jpg
DGKew-nXUAABzu3.jpg

Quite a lot of info came out last night about FUT 18.

For me the best news was Squad Battles.

It means I can play offline and not have to commit time or worry about the frustration of online play against randoms. I normally get a couple of games a day at very best and those games I want to be relaxing and enjoyable so offline works for me.

This mode means I can play offline, still be working towards something and get rewards each weeks (although obviously and understandably less rewards than FUT Champs).

It's looking good would be nice if the switch could link to you're Xbox squad or ps squad for offline play and SBCs similar to the way the companion app works.

It will be interesting to see if the icon prime SBCs require any icon or the specific icon.
If it's any icon the price of icons will be high.

I'd prefer all of them costing a bit more though rather needing a Henry to complete the Henry one as his cards will be ridiculously priced.

Hopefully it won't be so bad if there are lots of average 85 rated ones

I had to stop watching the live stream, the over the top reactions from those two were just stupid. I thought the gameplay looked clunky and graphically it wasn't particularly sharp, admittedly it could be an early build but still doesn't really show it in a great light.

Additional servers was the only thing that was a real plus to me, if they actually do the job they're intended to do that is.

So i was planning to switch to PS4 this year but i decided to stick with my FUT Founder account.

Buzzing for Sept 21st. I happen to have 2 week holiday starting the day before. What a bit of luck :confused:

Pre-ordered the Icon Edition this morning. Hopefully I'll be able to get some more playtime in this season. However, I'm also looking at purchasing it on the Switch so my time would be split between the two.

I'm going to call it pretty early and say I won't recieve a Closed Beta Invite for the 4th year in a row.

I can't believe I've never been invited with the amount of games I've played each year but that's the way it's always gone for me..

No code for me :( same as last year.

I was lucky enough to get in for 15 and even more lucky to get invited to come to their offices in guildford to test 15 a few months early too so i guess i may not get an invite again :(

Would be nice if they did what other games do and include beta access if you preorder the special versions of the game

Got a beta code :)
I knew you would [emoji28]

Of all the people on here I was pretty much 100% sure you'd get one, same way your pack luck is always 10x better than mine [emoji29]

I've seen people with a record of 1-0-7 get an invite this year and then not the top pros or players that have 2,000+ games [emoji14]

EA already trying to get this year's game off on a bad note with me!

No code for me :( same as last year.

I was lucky enough to get in for 15 and even more lucky to get invited to come to their offices in guildford to test 15 a few months early too so i guess i may not get an invite again :(

Would be nice if they did what other games do and include beta access if you preorder the special versions of the game

That's sick about the invite previously, shame you didn't get one this year though.

Yea these sort of things always cause frustration with the way they are done, in this case I assume the beta is smaller than if it was a preorder incentive for the ICON Edition or similar.

How long is the Beta for? I thought it was only for 3-5 days.

Just logged on and showing Kick Off only. Said Ultimate team and Kick Off on the invite. We were away this weekend.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom