FIFA 18 (29th September 2017)

You cheeky git! (Good luck though)

I am only asking for someone who purchased a Xbox One game recently and Amazon sent them a code after their purchase, saying that you can get 6 months Live Gold for £14.99 if you apply the code in checkout and it reduces 6 months Live Gold from £26.99 to £14.99. Surely there is someone who has no intention of purchasing 6 months Live Gold as they already have enough Live Gold?

I could do with using the promo code and purchasing myself 6 months for £14.99.

Xbox Live subscriptions stack up though? So you can put it on your account and it'll give you 18 months etc?

So in summary, I think you're onto plums mate [emoji6]

Xbox Live subscriptions stack up though? So you can put it on your account and it'll give you 18 months etc?

So in summary, I think you're onto plums mate
emoji6.png

What are you on about?

This is just a joke now. I don't understand how they've messed up the balance si badly between attacking and defending. You don't even get a chance to defend half the time, people are just shooting from the edge of the box area and it's going in nearly every time.

And on a side note, I can't be the only one whose noticed there's no net tension online. It looks awful when the ball goes in. It kind of goes through the back and in the goal again. It's just weird.

Gotta say, I think this could be the worst FIFA in a long time. Especially when using good teams. Every match has about 8 goals, usually more. Shooting is just so easy. From just about anywhere. Chip shots are supposed to be the one of the most difficult in football, in FIFA you can't miss with them. The press and second man press is over powered, keep your finger on them and nobody can run past you. Pinging 1 touch passes about like a pinball machine is too easy. It's just no fun.

Luckily I rarely play as anyone other than Leeds in seasons which is bearable at the minute.

Gotta say, I think this could be the worst FIFA in a long time. Especially when using good teams. Every match has about 8 goals, usually more. Shooting is just so easy. From just about anywhere. Chip shots are supposed to be the one of the most difficult in football, in FIFA you can't miss with them. The press and second man press is over powered, keep your finger on them and nobody can run past you. Pinging 1 touch passes about like a pinball machine is too easy. It's just no fun.

Luckily I rarely play as anyone other than Leeds in seasons which is bearable at the minute.
Agree with you about who to choose in seasons. I only ever play as Hearts as they are my club. Playing as Real Madrid for instance makes the game just comedy.
I’m underwhelmed after initially loving it and haven’t been remotely bothered to even start the Alex Hunter story. Any free time and I’m preferring to fire up Forza 7

It's trash guys. Utter trash. I wasn't a fan of 17 either, but I will admit that last year it played a much better game than this one. It's like an arcade game now, the amount of shots going on is ridiculous.

As I've said before I can't speak for the UT or CM, but I might give them a go just to see what they're like. But the Season's mode is terrible this year. I always do my own formation too, and I don't think the instructions are working properly either. Full backs aren't overlapping for example unless I press L1. I didn't need to last year.

The game itself feels like an early build. With the nets not acting right either. I don't know it gets to release like this. It feels like it needs another 6 months work.

Seasons is fine for me, but that's because I play as Leeds, against other lesser teams. Ultimate team tho, once if built a good side and started playing against good sides it became ridiculous.

Second man press is non existent in 18 compared to 17! Load up 17 and check!

Agree with pinball, it's pretty lame. However, I missed loads of chips....[emoji848]

Is it just me, or is Fifa this year somewhat quieter than usual?

It's a load of rubbish anyway, but unless you're playing as 5* teams in Season's, you're lucky to find a game. Especially on the co-op. 4.5 isn't too bad, but playing as 4 appears non-existent.

I'm hoping that they really see what a cataclysmic mess they've made of the gameplay this year, and we finally get an overhaul for 19.

And the nets are still static. When the ball goes in, it looks like something from the Amiga days!!

Agree completely. I’ve been playing much less too. FUT Champs has burned me out I think. Last year I think I did 6 of the first 7 months of it. Which I think is more games than I had played in the 3 previous FIFA’s combined. This year I’ve only played in October

With squad battles on top of the awful gameplay it’s just too much now.

Also people play so much more negatively because of Champs.

I still enjoying building squads, opening packs and playing the odd game but these days I enjoy playing cs:go much more

I'm normally a 4 or 4.5 star team and no issue finding a game.

I shot up to division 3 after watching some YouTube videos on how the actual **** you defend.

Essentially back of a bit, wait for mistakes then take your opportunity.

Promptly back down to div 4 now though cause my opponents are just to good.

There are things I like this version but it's to easy to score and sometimes you still get the impression the result is scripted no matter what.

Is it just me, or is Fifa this year somewhat quieter than usual?

It's a load of rubbish anyway, but unless you're playing as 5* teams in Season's, you're lucky to find a game. Especially on the co-op. 4.5 isn't too bad, but playing as 4 appears non-existent.

I'm hoping that they really see what a cataclysmic mess they've made of the gameplay this year, and we finally get an overhaul for 19.

And the nets are still static. When the ball goes in, it looks like something from the Amiga days!!
I'm always Leeds (3 and half stars I think) and never have issues finding a game. I never play co-op tho.

Also, I see loads of complaints about static nets, but I really haven't noticed, the tension looks legit to me.

Last edited:
Strange, the nets for me look terrible. Sometimes the ball goes through and comes back in again.

In terms of finding games, I primarily play Co-op, but maybe it's just my connection.

I genuinely don't know how it got through playtesting when it comes to the shooting. Players with little ability can score from 25yds with ease, but players like Aguero can miss from 6yds. And this happens consistently. It just makes for a rubbish experience.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom