FIFA 14 Preview Thread

silvercue

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Read a great article about some chnages recently. First thoughts were that it didn't sound that earth shattering, but when it was explained how they will change the tempo of the game they sounded really good.

Will try to find the link and post when there is a preview thread.

I say keep it all in here mate as most people playing Fifa will be on this thread anyway.

I like most of the changes I have read about so far, little changes but should make for a better game. The only one that worries me slightly is the new 'curling lofted lobbed balls'

Sounds great in practice but is it only me that feel this will be abused non stop to allow even more pace whore goals?

Things that need changing for me are ;

Goal kicks - Fed up of losing the ball 99% of the time if I do a normal kick and then if I do a short pass from a goal kick I lose it too. It is like we are punished for having a goal kick

Corners - No more custom corners please. Fed up having 8 players on my line and just waiting for them to score from it

45/90th min goals - Stop lying to us EA, my players turn in to a Sunday league team when ever we reach these minutes.

Silver/Bronze leagues needed - Why these were not added in the first place is still beyond me

UT speed - Same speed as H2H, would make UT such a better game

Other stuff I would like to see would be , being able to buy 3rd kits for UT, Alan Smith never commentating again and dynamic weather would be really cool.

With you on the corners and bronze/silver leagues in particular. not worried about the late goals as Ultra attack is always an element so not totally unexpected.

I like the fact that the changes will try to rebalance lobbed through ball/pace abuse and allow different styles success too

They will still find a way of cocking it up.

Be it always raining on ref kit clashes. It's always the little things they miss

I like most of the changes I have read about so far, little changes but should make for a better game. The only one that worries me slightly is the new 'curling lofted lobbed balls'

Little changes and a full price game?
Your happy for the year on slight update which must be penciled in 10 years in advance and they just add a bit from the list each year.
I'd rather play sensible soccer still!!
The moaning thread will be massive on the first day of release but you still keep buying?
When will you learn?

Little changes and a full price game?
Your happy for the year on slight update which must be penciled in 10 years in advance and they just add a bit from the list each year.
I'd rather play sensible soccer still!!
The moaning thread will be massive on the first day of release but you still keep buying?
When will you learn?
Each to their own - you don't have to buy it. I see you still think Doom is fun, so sensible soccer would be more your bag anyway.

I agree they always say every year this FIFA will be better than this and so on, and usually it's the same actually 90% of the time it is
Hence why I rent FIFA now haven't bought FIFA since 2009

It's difficult and pointless to overhaul what is a very good game. Yes there are gripes and things we would like to be better but EA for all their faults have produced the best football game consistently for the last 5 or so years. And it's getting better each time.

Its a game you can play online every day mostly so it does turn out to be good value for money

I want career mode to be class
More in depth etc
More shocking going on and off the pitch
And I want FIFA manager implanted as well, ie owning a club, increasing stadium etc

Personally I'm not interested in single player. In this day and age I really don't see the point playing against the computer. Online Seasons all day for me. Online all manual are the best games I've ever played. Not fussed on UT as it's not realistic. I prefer playing with proper playing squads tbh.

I don't play as often as I used to but when I do play FIFA, I absolutely love it. The game is superb and I enjoy it for what it is. It's the only game that brings out emotions like it would watching a real life game.

The corners are so annoying though. When I'm playing and I'm all over somebody I'll say to my son that they will score from this corner and they usually do. Something isn't right with that. One game a lad had 3 attempts and scored 3 goals... all from corners! Absolute farce!!

I avoid default game searches like the plague as they are just 100mph pingpong rubbish. That is when you can say the game hasn't changed for years as it basically hasn't. When Manual was introduced, that was the next evolution and I still can't believe not that many people converted to it so I understand why the guy above said he'd rather still play sensible soccer.

Shooting is hard but the more input into passing direction and weight of pass the better for me. I hope it gets more manual as it has been dumbed down a bit since 10 (I believe it's since 10 iirc).

Really looking forward to what this is going to look like on the new Xbox. Hopefully the crowds will look a lot better and there's a bit more live action going on around the stadium as I can't see the on pitch graphics being improved that much more. Obviously thing will be a lot crisper but can they really make it look that much better? Maybe they will surprise. Dynamic weather and slide marks on pitch and other little things will look nice but as long as the game play doesn't get messed up then I'll be quite happy tbh.

I always get the latest version as I don't personally buy many games so a £40ish outlay a year is superb value for money for me.

I also like playing clubs with the lads so with the rumour that Wales will be now be licensed and Cardiff City now being a Premier League team, we can play in their nice shiny new kits too :D

Fifa's all I play aswell,only game I've bought in a year,,hopefully they'll introduce a manual control filter in ut,would be a much better game.

I love ut but its way to arcadey,,I love to play possession but this results in your players being all in opponents half,,then it's just a lob ball to the quick striker and its a goal,,this it what annoys me about ut,,they need to calm it down,,make the gameplay more controlled instead of 90 mph carnage.

Each to their own - you don't have to buy it. I see you still think Doom is fun, so sensible soccer would be more your bag anyway.

I play games from the 70's to todays.
So you think doom is rubbish fair enough.

Don't get upset because i do not like fifa it's just the same game to me each year with a few name changes and tweaks.
Graphics mean nothing and thats the last thing i look for when buying a game.
This is why i have not pre ordered any games for new console will wait and see just before release to see which will be the better buys.

I play games from the 70's to todays.
So you think doom is rubbish fair enough.

Don't get upset because i do not like fifa it's just the same game to me each year with a few name changes and tweaks.
Graphics mean nothing and thats the last thing i look for when buying a game.
This is why i have not pre ordered any games for new console will wait and see just before release to see which will be the better buys.

FIFA changed a few years back for me when it introduced manual settings. You ever played that way and stuck with it? Superb game. Hard but a very involving game.

You don't like it and that's fair enough but saying its the same year after year is only valid if you carried on playing the same default settings year after year. The introduction of manual settings was hardly a name change and a little tweak. Biggest change in a game I've ever seen and I take my hat if to EA for doing it. Admittedly, its little tweaks to manual for last fee years but I'm still loving the games on those settings. More interesting and immersive than doom or any other game I can think if tbh.

I found it impossible to shoot with manual settings, even moving the analog stick 1mm up or down causes the shot to go nearer the corner flag than the goal.. if they made that less sensitive I think I would enjoy manual as the passing and crossing is ok once you get the hang of it, and the shooting on Automatic, while easier to get on target, isn't very rewarding as the goalkeeper saves nearly everything as the ball only really goes in about 8 different places so the AI finds it too easy..

Shooting is a bit sensitive and probably does need toning down but you do get the hang of it a bit more if you stick with it. I don't score loads but I found you just hardly have to move the stick off centre. I'd still rather a close 1-0, 2-1, 2-0 to a 6-3 on assisted though. I know what's more realistic to me. I get that some people want fun and end to end stuff but I prefer a bit more realism and input into the game. Passing is pretty easy on manual now. Yeah I still give the ball away but overall, at least its my error and I have to have my eyes open to make the passes as on assisted, I can get from one end if the pitch to the other facing the other way to the TV. That I find very boring.

Fifa 14 will be one of the games to be shown on the new Xbox tomorrow evening from 6pm.

So this confirms they will be releasing Fifa 14 as a next gen game. Hopefully it will be great but I have very very bad memories of the first few Fifa's on this current gen of consoles, was like playing with 11 waxworks

I agree - I like manual setting too, but not many play it. I am not great at it, but is soo much fun. I play it on 1 player a bit and sometimes online.

I agree - I like manual setting too, but not many play it. I am not great at it, but is soo much fun. I play it on 1 player a bit and sometimes online.

Hardly ever fail to find a game. Love it.

So where's the cheapest place to order this atm. Special edition ultimate team packs version. Has anyone done a price comparison yet someone usually does

Some great news today about FUT 14, they are introducing 9 new formations, about time!

Never understood why you could choose from loads of formations in the normal mode but only a limited selection in UT

2v2 seasons is in fifa 14! YESSSSSS! its about time. horrible experience trying to create a 2v2 room when randomers join and decide it should be 3v4 etc :( this cant come soon enough now!

2 vs 2 yeah baby

And also Goodson park to feature in FIFA 14

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom