FIFA 14 Europa League

Discussion in 'Xbox One FIFA' started by Centralspy, Feb 13, 2014.

1. Centralspy

Centralspy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
    The draw has been made and the teams allocated as thus.

Centralspy Galatasaray SK
    Nutski282 Real Sociedad
    Olly C FC Schalke
    Deeeyepeepeewhy Fiorentina
    Grantb47 Southampton
    Jay D78 Bayer Leverkusen
    Readya Newcastle
    Bmaka FC Porto
    Fatal infection Everton
    Taywax VfL Wolfsburg
    Iron Guts 76 Athletic Bilbao
    Dannyd062. Valencia CF

Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
  2. TayWax

TayWax
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,101
    In quite possibly the biggest shock in recent football history the former Stevenage manager TayWax has been picked by Vfl Wolfsburg as the man to take the team to the top of the Europa League tree. Despite seeing his Stevenage side battle against relegation from League One all season and a spirited FA Cup run which ended with a 5-0 defeat TayWax has been handed the reigns at Wolfsburg to replace the exiting Dieter Hecking with the club currently sitting in a disappointing 6th in the league.
    TayWax will surely be disappointed that the club recently decided to sell arguably their most valuable player in Diego back to Athletico Madrid but when questioned about the step up from League One to the Bundesliga and whether the club had made the right call he had this to say.

"Obviously the chairman and directors at Wolfsburg saw something in me and my style of play at Stevenage, perhaps it was the cup run that caught their eye. If I can get that group of players to progress and challenge the bigger sides then imagine what I can do with the players at my disposal at Wolfsburg. Granted our league form hadn't been great but without trying to sound too much like David Moyes I think we were very unlucky in a lot of games. Honestly don't know how we had so many results go against us.
    But that is the past now and I move on to the next challenge and that is getting this Wolfsburg side playing well and winning this cup. I thank Stevenage and their fans for the chance to go follow my dreams at a club I have supported since I was a kid."

It remains to be seen whether this is an appointment of genius straight out the left field or a disaster waiting to happen.

3. fatal-infection

fatal-infection

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
  4. Centralspy

Centralspy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Fixtures coming tonight

5. fatal-infection

fatal-infection

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    Fatal Infection linked with Everton after resigning as Birmingham City manager
    Fatal Infection has resigned as manager of Birmingham City prompting a surge in speculation that he is on the cusp moving to Everton.

Birmingham confirmed this afternoon that the Englishman tendered his resignation by email while the club’s acting chairman Peter Pannu was on business in Amsterdam.

Fatal has had a fractious relationship with Blues’ Chinese owners, but he was given their support despite Birmingham’s poor form last season.

His motives for walking out on a contract with two years left to run and set to earn him just shy of £4.50 and a big mac have not been revealed by either himself or Birmingham, but they have automatically been interpreted as the prelude to a move to Everton.

mcleish_1918910c.jpg

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  6. TayWax

TayWax
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,101
    Blimey, that fatal is an ugly looking fella ain't he :D (Unless you are actually Alex McLeish in which case I apologise)

7. BMAKA

BMAKA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +221
    Due to having to uproot his family from the northeast to take the position at fc porto, it may be early next week before Bmaka can fully take charge of his new squad.
    "Naturally my family must come first, I have a busy weekend ahead as need to find a school for my son and teach him the local lingo ready for his first day on Monday. I'll have a quick mooch around the city to get my bearings and then call a team meeting to discuss tactics for the first game. I have been in contact with an old mate of mine who speaks fluently in foreign languages and he will be my number 2, I hope the players will give Steve Mclarren the respect he deserves"

8. Centralspy

Centralspy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Blackpool manager delighted to leave the seaside

In an unlikely twist the manager of the Blackpool centralspy has resigned his post. He is being lined up for the prestige job image.jpg at Galatasaray.

"I am so pleased to be out of that awful town. 1960s mentality and only full of stag and hen parties. Blackpool lacks passion nowadays. The glory years as a football club and town are well over." claimed Centralspy in a withering attack on his former employers.

"I am thrilled to be heading to Turkey". Galatasaray fans seemed thrilled too with the appointment. At last we have a manager who understands our passion. He will make us a force throughout Europe

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  9. Centralspy

Centralspy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
    We can try and play more than 1 game a week. With an odd number of teams, everyone will have a free week once.

Please remember to post match report, score and goalscores on here.

League updated tables, scores etc available @AVFChampionship on Twitter

Week 1 Fixtures

......... Bayer Leverkusen v FC Schalke .........

......... Southampton v Athletic Bilbao .........

......... FC Porto v Valencia CF .........

......... Fiorentina v Real Sociedad .........

......... Everton v Galatasaray SK .........

......... Newcastle v SL Benfica .........

10. fatal-infection

fatal-infection

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    Can you play now Central Spy?

11. BMAKA

BMAKA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +221
    Agentfridge (valencia) I can play tonight if ur free but after that won't be on til at least Monday. Either message here or via xbox whenever u want to play. Cheers

12. BMAKA

BMAKA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +221
    Porto 1 - 3 Valencia

20' Vargas
    88' Jonas (pen)
    90' Bernat

49' Varela (porto)

Well played agentfridge, giving away that penalty proved costly and by trying to pull it back I left myself too exposed at the back. Good luck for the rest of the season.

Newly installed manager BMAKA spoke of his sides defeat
    "I rushed over to be here for my teams first game of the season and sat in the stands for it, this result did not please me and shows we have a lot to work on. I'm taking the weekend off and meeting Steve McLarren who will coach the lads and work on a formation that will hopefully bring us success. You will see a different result in the next game."

13. mlind1

mlind1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Yep, good tight game BMAKA, penalty was unlucky (although your keeper should have been sent off !)

Agentfridge was seen thanking his newly adopted fans for their help with tonight's victory. After the game he was quoted saying "it's not easy for an Englishman to come to a foreign country and be successful. I intend to buck this trend"

14. whufc4ever76

whufc4ever76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,192
    So, surely the shock of the managerial appointments has to be Iron Guts 76 taking the reigns at Athletico Bilbao, with no managerial experience behind him at all, he has been thrown in with some of Europe's "bottom" elite clubs in what hopes to be a dream debut season for him.

The fans are still unsure what style of play Iron Guts will be using but are hoping to taste some success throughout the season!

Are you about tonight Grantb47 (Southampton)? I can get on from 7pm

15. grantb47

grantb47

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Yeah mate, I'll be about tonight!

Grantb47 relishing the prospect of taking on some of europe's best however even he was shocked at being appointed the main man at st. Mary's! A poor season with derby county saw the axe swiftly fall but Southampton came calling and appointed the upcoming Scotsman to take their team to new heights. "I'm shocked to be honest but thrilled to be given the opportunity. It's going to be tough as I see us having one of the weakest squads in the competition, like Bilbao, but we have the quality there to be able to challenge. Just hope Ricky stays fit as we have very little backup! The game tonight against Bilbao will be a good indication of where we are at as a squad and if we are ready for the big time. I have no doubts we are more than capable of competing against these teams but the players and I need to prove it to the proud and loyal fans of this great club. I say bring it."

16. Tokoloshe Man

Tokoloshe Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +454
    Jay, you around any night early next week to play our game mate, I'm on nights all weekend.

17. jayd

jayd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,554
    Hi mate I'm usually not too far from the console in the evenings. Drop me a live message and PM on here I'm sure i'll get one of them when you're free.

18. whufc4ever76

whufc4ever76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,192
    Sorry for being a noob, but have just looked back through the other threads, and cannot see any "rules" as such around this, I know its only a laugh, but:
    Who invites who?
    How long are the games?
    What happens if there is any lag/disconnection?
    Take it games finish with a win or draw after 90 mins

Just wanted to be clear before playing later!

19. Centralspy

Centralspy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
    As league admin let me answer

Who invites who? Does not matter but just ensure the squad in game set up is set to online and not custom

How long are the games? Standard. 6 mins per half

What happens if there is any lag/disconnection?
    This is the third league we have played and it has never happened before. If it does then post on the forum for a decision

Yes games just finish after 90 mins as draw or win

20. grantb47

grantb47

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Southampton 3 - Bilbao 2

Lambert 58' pen, 86', 90'

Aduriz 25', 60'

image.jpg

A cracking match at the st Mary's ended with Ricky lambert grabbing a hat trick in the 90th min to get Southampton of to a winning start.

Bilbao looked comfortable on the ball, patiently waiting for the cracks to appear in the Southampton defence. Their patience paid off on the 25th minute when Aduriz popped up to open the scoring. The saints had decent chances but failed to take advantage as the first half ended with Bilbao one up.
    The second half was the story of Rickie lambert. Playing as the lonesome striker he worked tirelessly and reaped the reward on the 56th min when he won and converted a penalty to equalise. Bilbao responded almost instantly though and Aduriz showed his class heading in his second of the match. The saints kept marching on and lambert was showing the never say die attitude grantb47 was wanting to instill in the players. It paid off in the 86th min then the Southampton fans were in dreamland in the 90th minute as that man lambert popped up once again and nodded in the winner to send the fans into a frenzy.

Well played iron guts!

21. Centralspy

Centralspy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Galatasaray 3 Everton 1

Drogba's double delight

image.jpg
    Galatasaray raced into an early two goal lead with strikes from star men Drogba and Sneijder. The dutchmans goal struck beautifully from the edge of the box

Everton fought bravely back and had a number of chances to score including a delightful Leighton Baines free kick which struck a post.

The Toffees got their reward for all their hard work when on loan signing Gerard Deulofeu pulled one back.

However with Everton pressing hard The Turks sealed the game with a break away finished by the main man Drogba.

A Turkish delight for new manager Central spy

22. Centralspy

Centralspy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Week 1 fixtures to play

Please complete ASAP
    Bayer Leverkusen v FC Schalke
    Fiorentina v Real Sociedad
    Newcastle v SL Benfica

23. whufc4ever76

whufc4ever76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,192
    "Gutted!" Bilbao manager, Iron Guts 76

As disappointed as he was over his first loss in his first managerial game for Bilbao, Iron Guts was hugely impressed with the effort his players put into this game against a resilient Southampton side, although feels the "soft" penalty given was a possible turning point in the game. Speaking from Dubai, where the team have been taken for some warm weather training, he had this to say:

"Southampton were outstanding, their possession and shots on goal figures showed who bossed this game, we felt we maybe should of got a draw out of this game, as the players put so much effort in. I can't really say too much about the officiating in the game as i may get into trouble, but i do feel that at 1-0 up, the penalty decision was a bit harsh to make it 1-1. We had kept Lambert quiet up until this point, but I do think he may have gone down a bit too easily. Once he scored his penalty, i think he got the bit between his teeth to score more, and he proved that by getting his Hat-Trick, even when we went 2-1 up, i just had that feeling that wasn't going to be Lambert's only contribution.
    I will admit, i think we were hard done by in that game, but all credit to Southampton for playing the game right until the final whistle, on another day we may have held out for the 3 points, but today just wasn't that day"

Iron Guts knows he has a lot tougher games coming up, but now that Aduriz has scored 2 already, he is hoping the goal scoring form continues.

(Well played Grantb!)

24. jayd

jayd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,554
    My opponent can't play till early next week.

25. nutski

nutski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    Deeeyepeepeewhy, when would you like to collect your first 3 point of the season? :)

26. deeeyepeepeewhy

deeeyepeepeewhy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +607
    [​IMG]

Real Sociedad 2-3 Fiorentina

Rossi 4’, Cuadrado 11’, Agirretxe 14’, Martinez 33’, Valero 88'

In Fiorentina’s first game of the season, the Violas eked out a 3-2 win against a tough Real Sociedad side. The game started lively with Sociedad conceding a penalty inside the first three minutes. Giuseppe Rossi converted to put the visitors one goal ahead.

Fiorentina took a two goal lead after eleven minutes when a crazy goal mouth scramble finished with Juan Cuadrado putting the ball across the line. Sociedad hit back almost immediately though after Neto was only able to parry Griezmann’s shot out to Agirretxe, who tapped in the rebound.

Sociedad continued to press in the second half and were rewarded for their efforts when Inigo Martinez rose highest and nodded in from a corner. With eighty-eight minutes on the clock and both sides looking happy to take the point, Borja Valero popped up with a fantastic goal to give Fiorentina all three points. The Spaniard dug deep late into the game, beat two men and hit a thunderous shot into the top corner from 25 yards. Heartbreak for Sociedad fans, jubilation for the Viola’s following.

27. Centralspy

Centralspy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Week 1 fixtures to play

Please complete ASAP
    Bayer Leverkusen v FC Schalke
    Newcastle v SL Benfica

28. Tokoloshe Man

Tokoloshe Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +454
    Around this week in the evenings to play Jay.

29. Centralspy

Centralspy
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +248
    Readya and bluielight....have you arranged to play yet ?

30. jayd

jayd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,554
    Hi all really sorry for this, I wont be around till Thursday now, but crack on and I'll catch up as soon as I return, you know I'm good for my games.