Fifa 13 - Preview Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NooBish AbbZ 92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A lot of information been released today, mainly to do with career mode.

Career mode preview

A lot of information on Fifa forums too :)

career mode new info

Looking forward to this, especially with international's incorporated into career mode :)

Pre-orders
Standard Edition
Game - £42.99
Play.com - £42.99
The Hut - £39.95
Tesco Entertainment - £39.97 + 500 Clubcard points, use code 'XBFIFA500' not sure if it works for ultimate edition
Sainsburys - £42.99
ShopTo.Net - £39.85

Ultimate Edition
Game - £48.99
play.com - £48.99
The Hut - £47.95
Sainsburys - £48.99
ShopTo.Net - £46.85

Last edited:
Sounds good, like the idea of incorporating first touch error finally, would prefer more implementation of inertia (foot planting to stop it looking a bit skatey when doing sharp turns etc) as they have finally put into NHL funnily enough.

Enjoyed Career Mode last year so any improvements will be welcome and more randomness in transfer negototiations sounds good.

Nice to hear stats will have more of an effect of players too hopefully, EA have loads of data reviewers and editors going over every tiny detail of their assigned clubs but they have been frustrated as to how little impact it had on the pitch.

Fifa doesn't need to have extra features. What it needs to focus is to make it faster, smaller in size but at the same time to keep its picture quality high. There are people who can't play what you are producing and you keep going into deep forest for them. I was one of them, I played Fifa 12 on my laptop and trust me, it was very slow that I was frustrated playing it. But fortunately, I bought a playstation recently with an LG 3D TV. I can play Fifa 12 very well. I hope I'll be able to play Fifa 13 too.

I just want online clubs drastically improved,,no more hacked pro's,,better point system,,choose if you play against any's/no any's.

heard that b4 a match now theres some skill games rather than just kicking the ball about.

I just want online clubs drastically improved,,no more hacked pro's,,better point system,,choose if you play against any's/no any's.

heard that b4 a match now theres some skill games rather than just kicking the ball about.

yeah i want Pro CLubs changed too. I personally don't like how if you're not playing an Any, an opponents players are better than yours just because of the level of the club. Surely the AI should be the same for all teams, with the difference coming from the actual players:confused:

What is also needed in pro clubs is for the rest of your squads players to be filled by users pro's within your club as opposed to poorly rated randomly named :censored: poor AI.

Pro Clubs needs some serious changes;

Should be able to select whether opposition has ANY or not

Hacked pros are rife everywhere, 6'8 players with 99 Overalls, surely it isnt that hard to filter them out and block them.

Defensive A.I at times begs for Benny Hill music, zero coordination, zero marking ability

Goalkeepers passing goal-kicks straight forward to opposition, the worst type of goals to concede

Kit clashes, sometimes the ref is in black when the rest of the squad are too, and the keepers wear the same colour shirt as the outfield players (liverpool away kit prime example)

It would be nice if they fixed the clubs, it could be a great mode. But I'm amazed so many have bothered with it in recent years. It's been absolute trash. Laggy, buggy and full of cheaters. its completely pointless in its current state.

314752_364270423642324_496488864_n.jpg

Has anyone seen any decent pre order offers for this yet? Not like add-ons, just decent prices.

any news on the demo?

I think it's being shown at that show over in Germany today so there may be some more info later this evening all being well.

I can't link to it at the moment, but some very good news gents has hit regarding this.

- Online Pro is Clubs only now, and will be saved on the server. No more boosting and hacking

- a Matchday feature allows you to tie the game into the actual footy season. Meaning changes in commentary depending on stats etc.

- Co-op play has now been added to seasons! (This is the best news for me)

Demo is out Sept. 11th :thumbsup:

Any clamping down on glitched pros is goods news. Just think what's the point, but every game has its glitches. Just hope out works.

Is that coop online, that would be good.

Ref decisions need to improve especially in pro clubs. Plus offsides are to accurate :)

Some details,,clubs looks great.

■Trophy Cabinet… show off your silverware and unlock better cabinets along the way.
■2v2 is back! Play with a mate locally in ranked online play.
■More matchmaking options… guests, limited expansion, club vs. international teams, etc.
■Division Titles! Basic promotion is ok, but winning the title = glory
■Persistent squad/team management saves. Set your club up once per squad update!
■Better star level matchmaking… Less RM vs. Tottenham, more RM vs. PSG

VIRTUAL BUNDESLIGA
■New! Virtual Bundesliga for FIFA 13 fans in Germany, Switzerland and Austria.
■Pick your Bundesliga team and be part of monthly competitions. End-of-season champion crowned in live showdown.

EA SPORTS FOOTBALL CLUB MATCH DAY
■Real-world form, injuries, suspensions will be reflected in-game throughout the season.
■Real-world events like form, suspensions and media gossip in dynamic commentary for top leagues.
■‘Games of the Week' feature now in kick-off mode; the biggest clashes from the real world of football.

DEMO
■Out 11 September on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.
■Demo teams: AC Milan, Arsenal, Borussia Dortmund, Juventus and Manchester City
■Demo stadium: Manchester City's Etihad Stadium
■Demo will include our new features Match Day and Skill Games.
■You'll be able to upload goals and images from the #FIFA13 demo to EA SPORTS Football | The Destination for Football Video Games – we want your goals!

CLUBS
■Online Pro and CPU teammates stats based off real attributes from players in top leagues
■Tuning to Human GKs… no more fully assisted in Clubs, tuned attributes and accomplishments
■Maxed out Pros more realistic to real life players. Accomplishments and growth have been tuned
■Filter to match your ANY preference and human goalkeeper preference #FIFA13
■AI teammates get better as your Club improves #FIFA13
■Online Pro progression saved on the server, not save files. Bye-bye hackers!
■Online Pro for Clubs only: no more offline boosting. #FIFA13
■Seasons format! No more confusing rank points/leagues. Get to Div 1! #FIFA13
■Free Agent Hub allows you to play Drop-In Matches, looks at leaderboards etc. before joining a club #FIFA13

FIFA ULTIMATE TEAM
■Overhauled introduction for new players. Step-by-step guide to squad building and trading #FUT
■Special reward packs for returning FUT players.
■Seasons is now in Ultimate Team!
■Team of the Week Challenges and FUT unlockables in the Football Club Catalogue.
■New to FIFA Ultimate Team? There will be an introduction mode to teach key concepts. Finish the match and get a reward!
■The main menu has been entirely redesigned. Navigate quickly with dynamic info to keep you up to date
■Online and Single Player versions of Seasons are now in Ultimate Team!
■Seasons – There will be five divisions in Seasons to prove your Ultimate Team abilities.
■Single-player Seasons in FUT have eligibility requirements. Online, it's all about bringing your very best squad
■At the end of every Season in FUT there will be prizes based on how well your Squad performed.
■EA SPORTS Football Club - FUT is now fully integrated with EASFC. Your friends can keep up with your big signings.
■You can buy unlock rewards in the EASFC catalogue for your club, such as more squads or bigger Trade piles.
■Fitness has been redesigned to make fitness recovery items more important.
■Morale – The scales for have shifted! Neutral morale is the default and you'll have to manage your squad to get high morale.
■Players expect to play and win to keep high morale. Players with low morale recover to neutral faster.
■You can now challenge the Team of the Week for a reward every week. #FIFA13
■New manager tasks help teach you the mid-level tasks of running a club. Complete them all for a Special reward!
■Web app details will be discussed at a later date.

steviebwoy said:
Is "Seasons" the same as "Career Mode" in FIFA12? Playing that Co-op online would be fantastic!

Any decent pre-orders about?

No it was H2H seasons before. Now they have renamed it Seasons. Career mode is seperate, and has had an overhaul too.

steviebwoy said:
Ohh okay, that's a bit of a shame. Was hoping that they'd put an online co-op mode into Career, maybe next year hey! :)

I've been hoping for tjis for a while and hen I read 2v2 seasons, i first thought co-op but then realised I was mistaken :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom