• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Fifa 09 for PS3 24.99 in morrisons

Forbez

Established Member
I think the 360 version is 39.99.

But I picked up my PS3 version for 25, but behind it there was a PS3 version that hadn't been restickered to 25.

Your best bet is to call, or pop into your local store, but i've not heard any reports of it being 25 for the 360, sorry.

MChatterley

Established Member
Just popped down to the local. Didn't have either format in stock but both formats are game of the week. Seems strange to have 1 priced lower than the other. Think I'll pop back down in a few days :D

MrKennedy

Established Member
Thankyou! awesome deal, picked up mine this afternoon:thumbsup:

Was thinking of getting this for £29 at tesco's on the wkend but glad i left it now :D

Bribrian

Prominent Member
Better still, get PCWorld to pricematch + 10% & get it even cheaper...

MrKennedy

Established Member
Yeah, the last 'price-match' i tried to do in there i told the guy i had seen something cheaper and had a leaflet (proof) and he just said "oh right, well we'd need to check that out" and just walked off to deal with another customer, i'd rather not give them any money at all! talk about not interested.

On top of that when they have stuff priced wrong they never sell it to me! they just say "oh, thats the wrong sticker on there"...so i say your going to sell it to me, right? at the price on there yet they never do, they just say we can't do it at that price!

They need to change there prices! or at least do price checks on all there stuff! i had a home wireless phone "reserve&collect" at £29.99 the other day (same price as what it should be in-store) but had to go out to the main city store (not my local) where they had stock and still had it priced at £59.99! i dont know how they expect to sell anything to be honest

Bribrian

Prominent Member
Yeah, the last 'price-match' i tried to do in there i told the guy i had seen something cheaper and had a leaflet (proof) and he just said "oh right, well we'd need to check that out" and just walked off to deal with another customer, i'd rather not give them any money at all! talk about not interested.

On top of that when they have stuff priced wrong they never sell it to me! they just say "oh, thats the wrong sticker on there"...so i say your going to sell it to me, right? at the price on there yet they never do, they just say we can't do it at that price!

They need to change there prices! or at least do price checks on all there stuff! i had a home wireless phone "reserve&collect" at £29.99 the other day (same price as what it should be in-store) but had to go out to the main city store (not my local) where they had stock and still had it priced at £59.99! i dont know how they expect to sell anything to be honest

Lol...... They hate doing a pricematch, i just love to dent their profits whenever i can.......:D

Jollyjimbo

Established Member
Lol...... They hate doing a pricematch, i just love to dent their profits whenever i can.......:D

I dent their profits all the time by never buying from them. I always make a point of going elsewhere.:D

I find their prices are generally poor and their staff, certainly the ones I have dealt with in Edinburgh, very ignorant.

Back to Fifa 09, nice shout. Will go and have a look later today.

withnail_wine

Established Member
Anyone had any luck with this today?

Slightly off topic, but during anyone's travels to Morrisons, did you notice if they sell ps3 controllers and how much they were?

AnthonyG

Distinguished Member
I find their prices are generally poor and their staff, certainly the ones I have dealt with in Edinburgh, very ignorant..

In part I disagree and agree.

The checkout sales sections are populated by students. They don't really care as they get paid pittance by PC World (and I have seen how much they get paid for the flack they take too).

They really are some very friendly helpful people. A bit clueless but friendly.

The returns sections, tech guys and store managers are absolutely total ***** (can I say that on the forum *Edit* guess not :)).

The sort of people if you saw them crossing the street infront of you when the light was actually on green you would speed up in the hope you can actually legally run them over :rolleyes:.

If you go to PC World intentionally go to get help from the ones that are aged 18-22. You get much better service!.

D

Deleted member 273609

In part I disagree and agree.

The checkout sales sections are populated by students. They don't really care as they get paid pittance by PC World (and I have seen how much they get paid for the flack they take too).

They really are some very friendly helpful people. A bit clueless but friendly.

The returns sections, tech guys and store managers are absolutely total ***** (can I say that on the forum *Edit* guess not :)).

The sort of people if you saw them crossing the street infront of you when the light was actually on green you would speed up in the hope you can actually legally run them over :rolleyes:.

If you go to PC World intentionally go to get help from the ones that are aged 18-22. You get much better service!.

ye its just the older ones have probably been working there years and hate there job :D

Kawsar17

Banned
checked in my local morrisons in stratford and there were none left. They had the 360 version though but it was priced at 40 pounds.

Forbez

Established Member
Anyone had any luck with this today?

Slightly off topic, but during anyone's travels to Morrisons, did you notice if they sell ps3 controllers and how much they were?

Bought mine yesterday, and I am happy with the purchase, the Be a Pro season is quite good.
And 10 v 10 online is good fun to, although, there are a lot of people who chose to play as ANY player, which i feel spoils the feel of it. (instead of selecting one player)

And those who change the team around so that they can play as Ronaldo, Grrr.

Anyway, back to your second point, my local HMV recently had 2 PS3 wireless controllers for £25 (in a single box) of next to it, 1 for the same price. It may be worth checking there!

Mark Botwright

Distinguished Member
Excellent find.:smashin: Cheers to the OP - i just picked myself up a copy. They only had three left and there was absolutely no sign of any promotion or prices to be seen. I had to ask for it to be scanned and everything was rosy. :thumbsup:

gordy01

Established Member
Can anyone confirm??? I know they were doing this before but thought it had finished a while back.....

If it's still on I'm off to Morrisons......

BritanniaJaf

Prominent Member
Just phoned my local store in Annielsand

Guy said only game at £25 notes is fifa 09 on the ps3, not on the 360

No top 10 deals on either console that finished a while ago he said

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom