Fifa 07

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by Ixnay, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Ixnay

Ixnay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Lot of rumours have been running around, but EA have finally gone live with the official site...

http://www.fifa07.ea.com

2. Pebb

Pebb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    Games Master says Fifa 07 is the best Fifa yet, but I am looking forward to this game.

3. Ixnay

Ixnay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I read that. Sounds like they may have got it sorted. A little worried after reading the Joe Booth(?) interviews though. Doesn't seem to be a lot of next gen focus, with perhaps missing features for the 360.

Maybe reading too much into this I hope!

4. NackNack

NackNack
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    I'm getting to play it o the 14th, so I'll let you guys know what it's like obviously. :)

5. Pebb

Pebb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    Same here, but give it time and Codemasters may also make a 360 version of Sensible Soccer guys?

6. Ixnay

Ixnay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    What's happeing on the 14th (August I presume)? Have I missed something here?

7. norealplan

norealplan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +733
    Doesn't seem to be coming out on Xbox 360 at the same time as other formats. Maybe Pro Evo 6 will infact come out on the 360 before Fifa 2007 does?

"EA have today revealed lots of new information regarding the yearly installment of FIFA 07, which will launch across Europe on September 22nd.

The game will be avaliable on most consoles and handhelds excluding the Xbox 360 at this time, although we expect a version to follow later on this year.

All the leagues and licenses are in-tact once again including the MLS and Mexican 1st Division this year from North America, plus 26 others from 20 nations. New to the game this year is the EA Sports Interactive Leagues, a new online mode which enables you to pit your club against suporters of other real-world opponents."

Taken from here: http://www.clubskill.com/Game_News/4067/EA reveal new FIFA 07 information and images

8. sue_hall

sue_hall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +595
    Don't look forward to it too much, it will be ****, it always is.

Dave

9. NackNack

NackNack
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    This month yeah, I'm doing some focus group research thing, should be fun. :)
    Please go away you silly litle troll. It has never ever been rubbish, FIFA Street yes, but FIFA 2006 World Cup is really enjoyable and fun to play.

10. Cowden_harley

Cowden_harley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +221
    agree with nack nack.

Im a pes man through and through enjoyed fifa up until 98. Most games have been ok since but WC 2006 was really enjoyable.

11. CeeJay775

CeeJay775

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Yes i have allways been a PES fan, but even I had to admit I was very suprised by FIFA World cup. So long as its more of an improvement over that, I think it will be good, allways on the plus side with FIFA is the licence which brings us the real kits and stadia. FIFI 07 vs PES 6, only a good thing for console footy.:thumbsup:

12. Ixnay

Ixnay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    From all reports so far, this looks very much like to be the duck bananas. I must admit, I'm shallow and will buy into licences everytime, hence why EA have been very successful, and why I pray that this is what it promises to be.

The only thing that is going to phark me off is the release date. Having only recently bought a 360 and wanting a football game, I've been waiting for this over all the current offerings. When the hell is thing going to be released???

As for you [email protected] that get to play it on the 14th, are you testing the 360 version? Hate you so much right now!!!!! Where do I sign up for that???

13. Tequila Sunset

Tequila Sunset

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +359
    Fifa sucks. Pro Evo RULES!!!!!!!

14. featherhall

featherhall
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,018
    what a disapointment if the 360 version is released later :thumbsdow . I enjoy the FIFA games, RTWC aside.

I personally enjoy the licenses - where else can I play as Hearts ? also, the commentary / gloss / razamataz etc appeals to me.

I will buy Pro Evo as well though (if it comes out before FIFA that is).

15. NackNack

NackNack
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    It's just me testing. :p There were three places which were taken up a while ago, basically to get feedback on what it's like compared to Pro Evolution Soccer I think. Seems favourable right now.
    Please, go away.

16. featherhall

featherhall
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,018

oh dear, rule is then - dont read FIFA threads. unless you have something constructive to say that is. and that wasn't very constructive.

17. xXTwin BladeXx

xXTwin BladeXx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    lol comments like that reminds of the 12 year olds you get on halo 2 online in the post game lobby!! :rotfl:

Anyway back on topic, is there any features or anything said about this game?
    I have always liked fifa but then recently i bought pro evo for the xbox and i thought it was great, after playing pro evo, Fifa seems alot more 'context sensitive' if you know what i mean, like you don't really do much just the computer doiung stuff for you. Whereas with pro evo, it seems alot more fluid and you seem more in control. I even bought it for the PSP and thats just as good! lol

18. Pebb

Pebb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +829
    I hope they make the online mode more solid, because the online mode in Fifa 06 on the PC was really bad and laggy. But I also hope, they do not have online problems like Fifa 06: RTWC.

19. Ixnay

Ixnay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    To TVR and Nack (the lucky testers you are), I think all I and anyone can ask is that you're objective. I trust that you will, as you seem more than up to it given some of the comments from the dolts on this thread (Ala FIFA suck PES rules!). Definately looking forward to some detailed analysis.

By the way, if you meet the developers, slip them a kilo of speed to make sure they don't sleep until this thing is released!! :D

Edit: I don't condone drug abuse, but if I thought a kick up the @ss would be just as effective I would've recommended that as well!

20. youcrazyboy

youcrazyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Well said, what a :censored: ....Pro Evo v Fifa is sooo boring...So buy whatever and shut up.

Anyone know if/think that there will be downloads for Pro Evo for Kits etc like PC version? Annoying there is none for Football Manager 06, so many transfers not in there.

21. Ixnay

Ixnay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Ok I know it's early in the day, but waiting on these reviews guys!

Chop chop!! ;)

22. NackNack

NackNack
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    I don't think TVR is testing it.. could be wrong, but eh.

I'll be back later (literally close to midnight) and will let you guys know then. :)

23. NackNack

NackNack
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Got back around midnight last night, so only got online now.

The test station consisted of one of the rubbish Samsungs (the 27" black ones, naff picture quality), but even better was the fact it wasn't running in HD. The reason? It's not even close to finished.

Yup, you heard right, it's due on all formats aside from 360 next month and it's a complete mess, crashed on us three times in total, no HD, no vibration, AND, the Achievements are the most hideous things in the world.

There are 23 Achievements, and are mostly playing all 14 leagues and win in Manager mode, play 1000 games in Professional, win 50 consecutive games in Professional Mode (just the difficulty setting), score an average of 4 goals a game in Professional mode over 50 games, etc.

Some absolutely barmy ones, you'll have to play this for absolutely ages to get anything, most Achievements are 50 points, some are 75 and 25.

The icon for being displayed in your Gamercard (like on the forum) is a black and white (and slightly bluey IIRC) icon of a side-on shot of Ronaldinho and FIFA2007 at the bottom.

Not much has changed, the ball was skidding around at times, the camera seems a lot nicer, the stadium feels bigger, but I can't really make a decent opinion on the mess that this game was.

24. jayd

jayd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,555
    Damn was looking forward to this. Any ideas when the 360 version is due? Any gameplay improvements at all? At least they seem to be taking their time over the 360 version.

25. Ixnay

Ixnay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    This is very disappointing. What were they thinking showing it off if it's still poo anyway! Hardly done themselves any favours.

Not too worried about the achievments, surely this is something they can tweak at the last minute, but would've thought they'd have the basics sorted by now. Seems we're a long way from that...

Did they even give a hint as to when it'll be ready, or did they make you sign an NDA?

26. NackNack

NackNack
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    No NDA so there's nowt I need worry about.

The Achievements seemed set in stone, but absolutely crazy ones they were.

Gameplay wise, there was hold right trigger then press B for finesse shooting (silly moves and whatnot), that seemed okay, but I really couldn't judge, it was such a mess.

27. bishman

bishman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +174
    Sounds like it's from one extreme to the other for the FIFA achievements.

28. NackNack

NackNack
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +97
    Yeah, it's baffling why they're so long-winded and hard, and involve the managerial mode.

29. mrgrill

mrgrill

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know if this has been mentioned, but I found this quite interesting.

Fifa 07 Interactive League.

An interactive league that actually runs in conjunction with the real life league fixtures. It matches supporters of each team against each other. I think this is a really good idea.

BTW- I'm pro evo fan, but this Fifa 07 feature impressed me. But after reading your thoughts on Fifa 07, I may not bother. Perhaps a rental

EDIT: just realised this is for current gen only. Not going to be in the next gen game? Seems strange that

30. Tunney

Tunney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    My biggest complaints about 2006 FIFA World Cup were:

- Players felt very unresponsive
    - Unrealistic ball physics (lots of balls "pinged" along the floor at great speed)
    - Lots of wayward passes, either to someone other than the person I'm pointing to or to nobody at all
    - Goalies often rooted to their line
    - Only getting a "behind the player" view for freekicks when within a certain distance of goal
    - Lag in online play
    - Various bugs with online games crashing at corners and controls being reset
    - Inaccurate commentary

Do you know if any of these issues have been addressed in 2007?