1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fields show through in video grabbed in FCP 4

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by gaktikol, May 10, 2005.

1. gaktikol

gaktikol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have this video of a girl shot against a green screen, and using 'Capture Now' in FCP 4, grabbed it so i can key the green chroma out in Combustion. The problem is the video that i grabbed, though it has a good resolution, has the fields showing through once in a while. It's not really related with the motion in the video, because even if the girl is sitting the fields still show through.

I tried de-interlacing the video in FCP 4, and as the fields disappear, the resolution of the video suffers. I can't afford any loss in the resolution since im gonna have to key the green out.

Anyone of you encountered this? Please i'd appreciate any advice you can give me

*regarding exporting the grabbed video, what settings would you recommend? So i can have a nice crisp video to play with in combustion.

2. Roy Mallard

Roy Mallard

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Export at AVI using the DV codec (pal or ntsc accoridng to your tv standard)

Have you tried monitoring the video through an ordinary tv set? just run the av cable from the camcorder/deck into a tv and you should get playthrough from the timeline (if your av settings are correct - view on external monitor)

You may find that the picture looks fine on a tv, the refresh rate and scanning pattern of computor monitors and tv's are pretty different, so you will occasionally get 'combing' around the edge of the subject on a computer monitor.

If this doesn't work chage capture from lower field to upper field (some d8 cameras haev this problem)

3. gaktikol

gaktikol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    all right i'll go and try your suggestion :) thanks roy!

4. gaktikol

gaktikol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    exporting in divX avi doesn't have the option for field dominance, i just tried.. and even when i tried to export it, a 'general error' popped up.. i tried exporting it as quicktime movie, where i have the option for field dominance, but the video res still suffers. argh! how would you suggest i grab this green screen video?