• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Fiebol.com

Boostrail

Distinguished Member
Has anyone had any dealings with this company They offer a huge range of Appliance/AV/camera equipment at very competitive prices.

Their website is sophisticated but based in Belarus but apparently of US ownership. Their registered office is at a poste restante in the Strand, London. thir contact number is AFAICS in Chesire.

However thier contact address is identical to that of Misco UK Ltd a highly reputable company (but also of US parentage) who do not deal in the same range of equipment

Are they another subsidiary of Miscos US parent? ....or a credit card detail collection scam?

Last edited:

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
Hmm... odd.
They don't appear anywhere in Yellow Pages, Belarus is outside the EU, they give someone else's address in London and a telephone number in Cheshire.
Scamadviser.com rates them at 15%.
I would say avoid.

Shared

Prominent Member
This fella's experience so far hasn't been very positive.

http://www.facebook.com/i.luker

"It's a Samsung Syncmaster 2443BW 24 Inch Monitor that should have been here nearly two weeks ago. I just go through to the (bleep) on my mobile (I think they have my landline on number recognition now as they NEVER pick up when I call on that) and I asked to speak to the manager and the (bleep) said 'what?' and promptly hung up. mother(bleepers) grrrrrr"

sailingskip1

Standard Member
I think so. I ordered a tumble dryer on the 17th. Had to pay by bank transfer. No confirmation thet the money had been received or that the order has been despatched. Tried to call, the line rang and rang before being answered after about 3 mins. the guy confirmed he was Fiebol then hung up and did not answer again. Sent them an email asking what was going on and was told I would receive a refund "in 2 business days" - that was last Wednesday. No money back, no goods and no replies to chasing emails.

Has anyone completed a succesful transaction with them?

Beware

kaimar

Novice Member
This fella's experience so far hasn't been very positive.

http://www.facebook.com/i.luker

"It's a Samsung Syncmaster 2443BW 24 Inch Monitor that should have been here nearly two weeks ago. I just go through to the (bleep) on my mobile (I think they have my landline on number recognition now as they NEVER pick up when I call on that) and I asked to speak to the manager and the (bleep) said 'what?' and promptly hung up. mother(bleepers) grrrrrr"

And here's the end result of this:

"So those bastards at fiebol.com who I paid a total of £235 to for a monitor that they never sent have vanished. The site is dead, emails bounce, phone line is dead. Basically they've screwed me completely. Awesome.
Fair warning peeps, if you find yourself buying something on line and the payment method seems strange (in this case only payment method was bank transfer) get the hell outta there and go to Amazon or similar. *******!!"

rousetafarian

Why in the name of all that is holy, would you send a bank transfer? This beggars belief, and I have difficulty sympathising.

Would you send me a bank transfer, irrespective of my 100% feedback trading here? No, is the answer and I wouldn't dream of dictating such a risky payment method.

Rant over

jeffdaniels

Standard Member
Hi, yes I've also been foolish, made a payment 26th July for a TV for my daughter and no communication from Fiebol.
Before making the payment I checked with Barclays to see if I would be covered if no goods received, they assured me I would be covered so I went ahead.
Rang Barclays this morning and have to ring again tomorrow as it has to be at least 3 working days since the transaction.
Apparently they will then investigate for me about this payment and it sounds like a form of some sort will be sent out to me to take it further.
I expect the payment will never be retrieved but I guess it's worth trying.

PoochJD

Distinguished Member
Hi,

<snip> I checked with Barclays to see if I would be covered if no goods received, they assured me I would be covered so I went ahead.

You, should be covered with the Banks, as I would have thought it clearly constitutes fraud. However, getting your money back is a whole different matter though. I think you should just keep on at them, and hopefully they will refund you eventually.

I think all that can be said now, though, is this: If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is. And if you've never heard of a company, never, ever buy anything from them, unless you can pay by Credit Card. That way, you should be covered, if anything does go wrong.

I sympathise with all of those who have lost funds, but hopefully you will all get your money back soon.

Pooch

sailingskip1

Standard Member
I've been stung, but agree with Rousetafarian. Can't believe I was so stupid. Should have listened to my instincts shen I saw my "Order Number" was just 140. I've reported the fraud to the Police for whatever good that will do.

amijanebrown

Novice Member
I've been scammed too!
I currently have a case going with trading standards and the police.
I ordered a washing machine for £400 which was in currys for £449, trying to save some pennies but lost all of them!
I started to investigate their website after my calls were ignored and realised pretty quickly that I had no chance of ever getting my washer!
There phone number was Chester, their addresses were London and northamptonshire(not theirs, but different company's) and their bank account Essex! There not even a UK based company so how could they have opened a UK bank account without doing so fraudulently!
I'd like to think one day they will get caught coz id hate to think they could get away with it! If not , its an easy way for anybody to make some money!
My bank are telling me I have no chance of seeing my money again! How come Barclays can do it?

jeffdaniels

Standard Member
Ironically it's a comfort I guess that you know you're not the only one that's been taken for a ride.
I'm 66 now and it's true what they say "There's no fool like an old fool"
When I referred to Barclay's saying I would be covered if the goods weren't delivered, I'm thinking it's that syndrome we're all used to, different stories from different representatives.
I wouldn't be surprised if on this occasion I was told untruths.
I'll be ringing Barclay's tomorrow to set the investigation rolling and post any further developments.
Sorry you lost £400.00, mine was £288.00 which is bad enough I guess.
Apologies for those who perhaps are finding this saga now a little tiresome.

RachelWilding

Novice Member
These people have scammed us as well, as a company we needed over £1000 worth of Acer Aspire A500 Tablets, we paid in good faith via BACS as they required. Whilst waiting for arrival I was asked to place a 2nd order for x3 more of these tablets, so thats over another £1000.

This has now only just come to light because the 2nd BACS transfer has come back to us in our account. Fiebol Scammers have closed down their website, wiped out all of the money from their account and closed it. We aren't covered with Barclays under our company insurance for BACS transfers and the account Fiebol was using was a Lloyds Bank in Luton. Lloyds in Luton can only tell us that the account has been shut down and to:

A) Write to Lloyds in Luton explaining whats happened and they will forward the information onto the theiving (bleeps) and if they choose to get back to you then that's their business (Lloyds can't give info of theives due to data protection) bla! bla! bla!

B) Contact the police

C) Go the small claims court.

All of the above is going to be a complete waste of time and effort for little or no reward...Grrrrr!

Don't you just hate scammer scummers. :-(

ldoodle

Distinguished Member
Lloyds can't give info of theives due to data protection) bla! bla! bla!

And therein lies the problem. The fact Lloyds know who these people are but won't do anything just beggers belief.

Is that not the same as them witholding in-bank CCTV footage of an unmasked armed robber who ended up shooting dead 3 or 4 people?

Simba

Distinguished Member
Why in the name of all that is holy, would you send a bank transfer? This beggars belief, and I have difficulty sympathising.

Would you send me a bank transfer, irrespective of my 100% feedback trading here? No, is the answer and I wouldn't dream of dictating such a risky payment method.

Rant over

i was wondering the exact same thing....probably a mixture of a lack of awareness when it comes to shopping online and the desire to get the cheapest price possible regardless..

jeffdaniels

Standard Member
Barclay's have told me today that because I authorised the payment myself there's nothing they can do.
They advised taking legal action, I think not.
Now looking for another TV for my daughter, daddy's not very popular I'm afraid.

VictorMildew

Novice Member
If, like me, you "don't believe it" & have also been conned by 'fiebol' & wish to at least register this with the authorities, please contact their website or phone them to log your own experience. I have the Barclays Bank details of the account I paid into, if you should need it for your own report... cheers, Victor...

Latest News | Action Fraud, or phone the contact centre on 0300 123 2040.

simon ess

Prominent Member
I'm struggling to understand what you hope to achieve.

Criminals set up a fake website.

Your desire for a bargain blinded you and you just handed them your money with no security.

They took it and vanished.

amijanebrown

Novice Member
The account I paid into was a lloyds tab account, after much investigation it has been closed and I have an appointment with the police to hopefully get a criminal case going. If there is any chance of getting at least some money back the cps have to prosecute them. Fingers crossed!

amijanebrown

Novice Member
Surely they can gather information from the bank accounts because theres clearly more than 1 and also the police can locate the website and registrar details to see who owns it etc?
I will try my hardest to get my money back but I'm not getting my hopes up!

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom