Fidelity Designs Rega Upgrades

bogart99

Has anybody personal experience of the upgrades this company do in respect of sub platter and platter
for Rega turntables. Same goes for Iceni Audio products also.

Last edited:

oscroft

I have a Fidelity Designs Reference sub-platter on my Planar 3 and I think it's excellent. It's very nicely made, and it made a significant improvement to the sound - I think that molded plastic sub-platter is probably the weakest part of Rega turntables.

The only thing I didn't really like is having the platter sitting directly on the metal surface of the sub-platter - not for any rational reason I can think of, mind. But I did have a couple of little damping rings from SRM/Tech, so I use one of those as well (with an SRM/Tech acrylic platter).

Bottom line for me is that I suspect there's very little difference between different makes of alloy sub-platter, but the price of the Fidelity Designs ones make them good value.

MaryWhitehouse

Kind of. I got as far as ordering then got annoyed when it turned out there was postage on top so cancelled for now. Which sub platter are you interested in. When I enquired recently it ended up the only one really available was the reference with bearing etc so about £105 plus post. At some point I’ll probably bite the bullet and get that and the heaviest platter but that makes for around £260.
I’ve got Iceni feet which are great and arrived quickly. I though the sub was nice looking but expensive.
Like most Rega niche companies the products seem pretty good but can be hard to deal with as a business.

For now I’ve found that only using genuine Rega belts & polishing the plastic sub sorted wow & flutter and speed deviation to the point it’s inaudible.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom