Fibre optics ceiling?

grahamricho

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just having a refit of my room, more decoration than equipment.
Its a single story extension so i have access to the ceiling space above.
Ive seen many dedicated rooms with fibre optics in the ceiling so its a star lit sky.

What ive read you basically drill holes in the ceiling and then push each one through, a blob of silicone too hold each one in place in the roof void?
Then trim them off so all same length and connect them to your light source?

So what happens if youi need to paint ceiling again?

Has anybody done a DIY? Is it distracting when watching a movie ?

Love to hear from anybody who has done it? thanks

I was looking at doing this too. Having a small oval shaped (2m x 1m) board sitting off the ceiling with fibre optics coming through. There is a video (3 parts) on YouTube of a bloke who does 3 star layouts for his. What I wondered was how hot the fibre optic light source gets if it were to be sited in the ceiling space......wondered if anyone had any experience of this.

I was looking at doing this too. Having a small oval shaped (2m x 1m) board sitting off the ceiling with fibre optics coming through. There is a video (3 parts) on YouTube of a bloke who does 3 star layouts for his. What I wondered was how hot the fibre optic light source gets if it were to be sited in the ceiling space......wondered if anyone had any experience of this.
You would need access to the light source, it should be mounted on something, that would assist in thermal transfer of any heat it would generated. I will installing some equipment from Starscape. They’ve been particularly helpful with questions. But I think you should only seek advice from such people’s, as long as you intend to buy they’re products.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom