Fibre hdmi cable,- issue with receiver?

jpeets

Got a 5m fibre hdmi cable, but seems to be an issue with my receiver (pioneer vsx-1131).
Connecting the cable from pc directly to tv works, 4k60hz hdr.
But going via receiver theres no signal if i use one of the hdcp inputs on it, only with non hdcp input. But the issue there is I get no hdr in windows.

Is this a known issue with these receivers?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
When you say going via the AVR where in the signal path is the Fibre HDMI cable?

Have you tested PC > AVR > TV with conventional ‘non active’ cables to confirm it all works as required?

Joe

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
Is the Fibre cable being used Source > AVR or AVR > Display?

Joe

PS You have ensured the Fibre cable is the right way around - they are Directional!

jpeets

im using it as source(pc)-avr.
yes, its the correct way. Seems like when connected to the hdcp input on the receiver it does not deliever enough data, since its somewaht working on the non hdcp imputs, but then theres no hdr in win 10.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
HDCP is an encryption system - all Inputs on the AVR are HDCP compliant, some may support 2.2 (4K UHD with HDR) others 1.4 (HD SDR).

Power is possibly the issue as your Fibre cable has to ‘steal’ power from the Source, Sync (Display) or both - you may have to add a 5V inserter into the Source > AVR signal path when using the Fibre cable.

Joe

jpeets

ok, thanks. guess ill stick to the normal chunky 5 meter cable. Wanted something thinner and flexible in my pack, but need it to work also.

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
If the copper cable works (which it ought to at 5m) it keeps thing simpler.

Joe

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom