Fibaro Z wave

Lynch1

Novice Member
Hi
I am currently renovating my 3 bed two reception room semi detached house. i am looking at putting in some Home automation. I have came across Fibaro and think this is the best option but not sure. I am looking at something that is easily set up and not loads of coding todo like control 4.

Lighting
I am looking to control all lighting from a iPhone or iPad for 3 bedrooms, 2 living rooms kitchen hall and two separate outside lights. i am also wanting to keep the light switch on the wall so if i don't have my phone on me i can still turn the lights on and off

Cameras
I am looking a putting cameras up to, I see you can wire ip cameras up to the fibaro does these wire straight to the fibaro or do you need a dvd first i would like these to record also.

Alarm
Does any alarm work it or do you need a certain type. I don't mind keeping this separate

Sonos
I was going to put sonos into the living room, kitchen two bedrooms and bathroom not sure if this will work with sonos, i have looked with sonos and looks easy to set up. If you get the sonos connect you can play music from your phone can you have a storage device connected to this and can different rooms play different music

Thanks J

Hi
I am currently renovating my 3 bed two reception room semi detached house. i am looking at putting in some Home automation. I have came across Fibaro and think this is the best option but not sure. I am looking at something that is easily set up and not loads of coding todo like control 4.

We primarily now install Fibaro Zwave solutions and highly r commend the system

Lighting
I am looking to control all lighting from a iPhone or iPad for 3 bedrooms, 2 living rooms kitchen hall and two separate outside lights. i am also wanting to keep the light switch on the wall so if i don't have my phone on me i can still turn the lights on and off

With Fibaro you can control via standard switches, smart phone, timers, motion detectors even proximity via geo tagging

You will probably need deeper back boxes 48mm for the modules.

Cameras
I am looking a putting cameras up to, I see you can wire ip cameras up to the fibaro does these wire straight to the fibaro or do you need a dvd first i would like these to record also.

The cameras aren't wired to the Fibaro but into the router or network switch which is linked to the Fibaro home centre. Fibaro home centre doesn't record put can take snapshots. If you want to the video record you would need a NVR

Alarm
Does any alarm work it or do you need a certain type. I don't mind keeping this separate

That's a trickier question as it depends what functionallity you require.

Sonos
I was going to put sonos into the living room, kitchen two bedrooms and bathroom not sure if this will work with sonos, i have looked with sonos and looks easy to set up. If you get the sonos connect you can play music from your phone can you have a storage device connected to this and can different rooms play different music

Yes Sonos works with Fibaro and sonos will do exactly as you say

Drop me a line and I can go through it with you in more detail afte the holidays

Seb

RajP

Distinguished Member
As Seb said, Fibaro does pretty much what you need. I have had Fibaro HC2 for almost 3 years now and haven't looked back.. pretty much does what I need my home automation system to take care off.. even though I have CCTV, Alarm and Sonos, I haven't integrated those with Fibaro as I want to keep these specifically independent.

R121

Standard Member
I am currently renovting a five bed/four reception room house and I was going to spend alot of money on Control4 thanks to Seb's recommendation I purchased a Fibaro HC2 and 100 lights and a raft of Fibaro stuff. I have been testing all the kit for a few weeks and it seems reliable and its best of all its the system is expandable.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom