Fi Q18 options

MattSPL

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at the blade ice site at the Fi Q18 and would like a bit of advice on what options I should pick for the driver.

Cheers
Matt

I take it you have a fair bit of space to play with. The Q18 needs a pretty big box or lots of power to compensate.

Just checking........

best bet is to tell them what you want to do with it and see what they can do, I've heard of people asking for a lower Fs for example for HT use.

I'm hoping to use a box about 22 inch cubed and an nu6000dsp to drive 2 subs.

I will be able to increase the box size if necessary as they will be used as speaker stands so 24inch high will be needed, then width and depth can be increased too if necessary.

I see the nu6000 cannot be bridged. Can it be run in dual mono though where it combines the stereo signal internally like bridged mode? I'm trying to figure it out from the manual.
The reason being, I will run 1 sub at first using a box I have at home, but as it's a 2ch system, I will be feeding the amp a stereo signal.

Cheers
Matt

On my inuke 6000 I use a single input to drive both channels :smashin:

On my inuke 6000 I use a single input to drive both channels :smashin:

So is there a menu setting that will combine a stereo signal to mono in the amp?

Thanks

There's a setting where you only use the left input but it outputs the same to both left and right.
I think that's what you're after.

There's a setting where you only use the left input but it outputs the same to both left and right.
I think that's what you're after.

Is there a bridged mode setting like the nu3000? I know the nu6000 can't be bridged, but the combining of the L&R channels is what I'm after.

Cheers
Matt

This is the setting that I use on both my iNuke 6000DSP amps, so I don't need loads of splitters. It isn't a bridged mode, the 6000 can't do this as it's already effectively two bridged 3000s.

Bi amp 1 screenshot.jpg

I use channel A to drive my Fi Q15 sub and channel B to drive a smaller 'fill in' sub behind me (hence the 10mS delay and the limiter), then duplicated in the second iNuke for the other pair of Q15 & IW28S subs.

This is the setting that I use on both my iNuke 6000DSP amps, so I don't need loads of splitters. It isn't a bridged mode, the 6000 can't do this as it's already effectively two bridged 3000s.

View attachment 783007

I use channel A to drive my Fi Q15 sub and channel B to drive a smaller 'fill in' sub behind me (hence the 10mS delay and the limiter), then duplicated in the second iNuke for the other pair of Q15 & IW28S subs.

Does it allow you to select bridged mode though?
The reason I ask is I will be feeding it a stereo signal but may only be running 1 sub, so need to combine the signal to mono.

The reason I ask is I will be feeding it a stereo signal but may only be running 1 sub, so need to combine the signal to mono.

No; you CAN'T bridge a 6000, you would just use one channel to drive a single Q18.

That is not bridging. If you want to sum a stereo signal to mono then you need to do that upstream of the inuke. A circuit to do that is in Why Not Wye?

That is not bridging. If you want to sum a stereo signal to mono then you need to do that upstream of the inuke. A circuit to do that is in Why Not Wye?

Thanks for the replies and sorry for all the questions. It was just what I took from the inuke manual that said it combines a stereo input to mono during bridged mode. It sounds like this is specifically meant for say a Dj running a single sub off his stereo input. This must only apply to the nu3000, but I was hoping it applied to the 6000, even though it can't actually be bridged.

Cheers
Matt

Thanks for the replies and sorry for all the questions. It was just what I took from the inuke manual that said it combines a stereo input to mono during bridged mode. It sounds like this is specifically meant for say a Dj running a single sub off his stereo input. This must only apply to the nu3000, but I was hoping it applied to the 6000, even though it can't actually be bridged.

Cheers
Matt
Ah ok yes that looks like what you want. That is quite confusing terminology mind you as you have a bridge dsp mode, which really means a mono mixdown, and bridging the amplifier. Two completely different things.

Ah ok yes that looks like what you want. That is quite confusing terminology mind you as you have a bridge dsp mode, which really means a mono mixdown, and bridging the amplifier. Two completely different things.

Hi Matt,

Yes, it's a bit strange the way they have it, that's why I wanted to be sure.

Cheers
Matt

Just an update on this since my nu6000dsp arrived today.

The Bridge mode in the eq setup menu disappears when connected to the nu6000dsp, so must only function with bridgable amps like the nu3000dsp, therefore you cannot combine the stereo input to a mono output in the nu6000dsp like I had hoped.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom