FFXIII - No Longer a PS3 exclusive...

winstano

Prominent Member
Reaction score
http://www.ps3center.net/story-394.html?PHPSESSID=46a7f425312bd406e16aaae6f8e501f4

Title says it all really...

Gotta say I'm slightly disappointed, although not devastated/gutted to the point where I'll boycott the game, like some have/will be doing with DMC4...

I suppose this means one of 3 things:

1) It gets put out on the 360/Wii as well as the PS3, and has multiple disks for the other 2 consoles

2) It gets put out on the 360/Wii as well as the PS3, and has a severely crippled PS3 version

3) It doesn't get put out on the 360/Wii, but instead an 'add on' pack is released for PSP...

What you guys think?

It may not come to 360, but instead have a version on Wii, like the GC had Crystal Chronicles.

I would be quite disappointed if FFX111 was on 360 as well, as this is the kind of exclusive that would've meant me HAVING to get a PS3.

I hate FF games anyway. I can't stand turn based combat. KOTOR is the only games that made it fun.

X360 can keep FF as far as i'm concerned.

I spose the real question is how big will the gap be between the PS3 version and rival console versions? Because if it's negligible this will seriously hurt Sony.

If it really means the PS3 version will be out first and the others will be ports it gives the PS3 some edge, but this is definitely a blow in terms of boosting the PS3 install base.

FFXIII 'spinoffs' should be the title. Ps3center seem to be a gutter news website desperate for attention.

fdxd, upon doing a little more digging, it seems as though you're right.

From the looks of it, the FFXIII *FRANCHISE* will not be a PS3 exclusive... Which means that the main FFXIII game will still be a PS3 only title, just any spinoffs will be available to other consoles...

*phew*!

There are reports that what he said was miss translated and that it was A PS3 and mobile exclusive I guess we will have to wait to see what the full story is.

Gotta say I'm slightly disappointed, although not devastated/gutted to the point where I'll boycott the game, like some have/will be doing with DMC4...

Wow really? This bothers people so much that they are going to deprive themselves of a (presumably, i dont like it myself) top notch game experience?

Why does it matter that other consoles will get it, as long as you get to play and enjoy it on the console of your choice, what difference does it make?

fdxd, upon doing a little more digging, it seems as though you're right.

From the looks of it, the FFXIII *FRANCHISE* will not be a PS3 exclusive... Which means that the main FFXIII game will still be a PS3 only title, just any spinoffs will be available to other consoles...

*phew*!

cool, if it's spinoffs like versus etc then that makes more sense. Especially as they've been working on the PS3 version for a while now.

my guess is a Wii version, similar but different to the PS3.

Xbox 360 is dead in Japan, no way will be see this game on that system.

If it was on the X360 i wonder how many disks it will be on. 1 Blu ray is more than 5 times the size of DVD

If it was on the X360 i wonder how many disks it will be on. 1 Blu ray is more than 5 times the size of DVD

Judging by the looks of MGS4 quite a few!

mgs4360.jpg

;) :D

Haha that's funny :)

FF13 is a series not a single game, Fabula Nova Crystalis is the name of the series, Fabula Nova Crystalis is not a game in itself. It is the collective name of FFXIII, Versus XIII, and Agito XIII which as I remember are for PS3, DS/PSP and Wii, its on the Unreal 3 engine too which has been confirmed to work on the Wii, albeit a seriously crippled version.

Why does this matter? We will see more games go multi-platform due to production costs, it doesn't matter if another console gets it, as long as one gets to play it.

Why does this matter? We will see more games go multi-platform due to production costs, it doesn't matter if another console gets it, as long as one gets to play it.
Because if it goes to X360 the PS3 version will be hobbled! If Square stick with PS3 it will use the full power of the Cell and the massive Blu Rays. :)

Judging by the looks of MGS4 quite a few!

mgs4360.jpg

;) :D

You know only one of those discs is non FMV right?:D

Back to topic: Every game that's tailored to one specific console tends to look and play better. The development team can focus solely on the strengths of said console.

The reason FF in the style of the PS2 incarnations (and MGS) has to stay on PS3 surely is down to the sheer amount of cutscenes there are.

You know only one of those discs is non FMV right?:D

Back to topic: Every game that's tailored to one specific console tends to look and play better. The development team can focus solely on the strengths of said console.

The reason FF in the style of the PS2 incarnations (and MGS) has to stay on PS3 surely is down to the sheer amount of cutscenes there are.

You know that most of MGS cutscenes are rendered in-game right? :D

There is not anywhere near as much FMV as people *think* there is in an MGS game. It just means with the extra space textures don't need to be compressed, they can be streamed etc

Because if it goes to X360 the PS3 version will be hobbled! If Square stick with PS3 it will use the full power of the Cell and the massive Blu Rays. :)

If it stays PS3 then because its based off of U3 engine it can stream high-res textures and look as pretty as GoW but as it has the extra capacity it will be nice and long!

Have you guys heard of compression algorithms?

With the cost of developing games going through the roof there's gonna be less and less exclusives.

Can't really see the problem myself. Just means it's the gamers that win and not the hardware companies.

Was reading today that Square Enix envision a plan of up to 10 years for their FFXIII franchise, might of been a bad translation but they compared it to the Harry Potter's, Lord of the Rings, Star Wars etc

So it would make sense for them to release over all the consoles. There is the main XIII game for PS3, and then there is Agito, Versus, Haeraesis and I heard mention of something like Dissidia (sp?) .

Anyway, rumours are that one of them is an MMO which will no doubt hit the 360.

Haha that's funny :)

FF13 is a series not a single game, Fabula Nova Crystalis is the name of the series, Fabula Nova Crystalis is not a game in itself. It is the collective name of FFXIII, Versus XIII, and Agito XIII which as I remember are for PS3, DS/PSP and Wii, its on the Unreal 3 engine too which has been confirmed to work on the Wii, albeit a seriously crippled version.

FF XIII does not use the Unreal engine. It's true that engine has been licenced by Square Enix but FF XIII uses their proprietory White engine. The Unreal Engine has been licenced for other projects.

my guess is a Wii version, similar but different to the PS3.

Xbox 360 is dead in Japan, no way will be see this game on that system.

What relevance is there in the dissapointing performance of the 360 in Japan. That means diddly squat. The 360's performance is very healthy in the West and is still the best selling of the three consoles. That is reason enough for Square to develop more games for it. Square have finally realized they cannot rely on the Playstation brand alone anymore and need to diversify their development. That is why Dragon Quest 9 is being developed for the DS and not a Sony console. This couild be a case of spin offs or it could be a case of the main FF XIII game being released on other consoles. We shall have to wait and see.

FF XIII does not use the Unreal engine. It's true that engine has been licenced by Square Enix but FF XIII uses their proprietory White engine. The Unreal Engine has been licenced for other projects.

Ah yes you're right, one should never make assumptions :)

With the cost of developing games going through the roof there's gonna be less and less exclusives.

Can't really see the problem myself. Just means it's the gamers that win and not the hardware companies.

Yes but when they say the games industry is bigger than the movie industry,then games really should cost as much as a blockbuster movie? If games make more money than they should.Watching a movie in the cinema costs,on average,£5 in the uk.A single game costs £40 - £50 (high street pricing).

Epic Games VP Mark Rein slammed suggestions that huge budgets are required to create next-gen games after Gears Of War cost just $10 million to make.

Spiderman 2 costs 108 MILLION pounds.:eek:

And there IS a problem with multi platform games when the games are made on the 360 first and ported to ps3,this is mostly to do with the hassle it takes to port it over rather than "inferior" power of the 360 processor.Developers cannot be bothered and lazy ports emerge.

Apparently,if they used the ps3 first and ported to 360,it would be alot easier to do and get better results for both machines.(although to be fair this WAS a developer statement from Lair devs)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom