1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FFWD & RWD in MCE2005 Music?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows' started by Slinkoff, May 3, 2005.

1. Slinkoff

Slinkoff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    I think I'm being a bit thick here but I've just put MCE2005 on my machine and tried playing some music. All is fine but I can't find any buttons or track position line that would allow me to fast forward or rewind or jump to certain parts of a track. Are they missing from MCE2005?!

Slink

2. MikeFish

MikeFish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, you're not being thick (well, unless I am too).
    I've never seen any ffd or rwd buttons for music or indeed a next/previous chapters button when watching a DVD.
    However, all this is possible using the MCE remote. Seems stupid, but I guess the whole point of MCE is that you will use it from your armchair (hence the large fonts etc). Also, MCE is only supposed to come pre-installed on machines, and they all come bundled with a remote.

3. Slinkoff

Slinkoff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    thanks for the info Mike. MC remote is my next purchase off eBay.

Cheers.

4. markxtc123

markxtc123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Although I have a remote and can use it to fast forward through recorded video and DVD's and skip to next chapter I have, occasionally, used the mouse as well. When I move the mouse I get the media player controls in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. I can then click on fast forward or skip. There are also controls for changing channel and changing the volume.

5. Slinkoff

Slinkoff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Yes, I've seen those controls and they work for DVDs and can skip tracks when playing music but i can't fast forward or rewind. It's just a function I'd like to have because I often like to quickly audition tracks before adding them to playlists or if I've just downloaded them and I'm not sure I've got the right version or whatever.

6. markxtc123

markxtc123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16