• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

ffdshow, theatertek problems whats my solution?

andicapped

Banned
hi,

i'm running theatertek and mpc with ffdshow and i've follwed the 'ffdshow walkthrough' all is fine apart from.

1, playback in mpc is GREEN,
2, any media file othe than DVD and very pixalated (in both theatertek and mpc)
3, sound no long works via spdif to amp comes out a pcm and amp wont convert it.

thought i'd sorted it and got it working perfectly but i guess not. dvd quaility is amazing though. one more little thing dscaler5 desont seem to install properly, not like dscaler4 is that right? no icon on the desktop or anywahere for that matter have to go hunting for it.

any help or suggestions would be great. may need to look for better codecs and drivers for things but dont want to mess around if there is a simple solution.

thanks andy

andicapped

Banned
the one on avs forum (probably shouldnt mention that on here.)

delete this if you need to its only to answer a question.

andicapped

Banned
i've decided to do a complete software re-install. so anyone got any tips?

so far i have theatertek, ffdshow and reclock.

reclock doesn't work (not compatible ..........something or other) so thats pants

and my picture is rubbish with theatertek + ffdshow. i must be going wrong somewhere.

i'm leaving theatertek alone and i'm going to re-install ffdshow + whatever else i need. this is where you clever people come in.
what should i be installing? can i have links to versions that work as when i google for things i get loads of different ones.

as for pc set-up

its 3.2ghz p4
512x 2 ram
galaxy geforce 7800gs gfx card
hooked up to 46" samsung lcd vid DVI-HDMI cable.

please please please help me i'm getting really frustrated and the missus is gonna kill me for spending loads of money and it not working properly :lease:

Steve.J.Davies

Prominent Member
I got ffdshow working well in MPC, was a piece of cake when following the guide. - not used theatretek.
is it worth a try with MPC so you can eliminate theatretek ? once you have it working in MPC you can switch to theatretek.

alternatively if someone here has the ffdshow theatretek combination they could set ffdshow to use an ini file and then post you their ini ? ? ?

andicapped

Banned
i've tried it in mpc also have that installed but wanted theartertek as ny main player (just prefer it)

if someone could send me their ffdshow setup and theatertek config that would be fantastic even better would be someone to come over to my house and help me sort it before i throw the pc through my tv :mad:

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
This guide should help you out ; clicky

andicapped

Banned
excellent a step by step guide for an idiot like me. surely i cant go wrong with this guide. i'll give it a go and let you know how i get on. just one more thing when you have to choose the post processor (should be ffdshow mpeg4 video decoder) thats not what i get. it just ffdshow video decoder. am i missing something?

thanks again guys/girls been a great help and eased my frustration :clap:

hopefuly i'll soon be in PQ heaven

pRot3us

Distinguished Member
excellent a step by step guide for an idiot like me. surely i cant go wrong with this guide. i'll give it a go and let you know how i get on. just one more thing when you have to choose the post processor (should be ffdshow mpeg4 video decoder) thats not what i get. it just ffdshow video decoder. am i missing something?
No, thats ok :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom