Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

ffdshow settings for htpc

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by mariachi76, Nov 23, 2004.

1. mariachi76

mariachi76

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello!
    I installed ffdshow on my htpc (P4 1.6Ghz 512MB DDR) and will buy a PT AE700 projector in a few days. No i tried upscaling with ffdshow to 1280x720 but its too slow, I get like 5 fps, no matter what method I use. Even without scaling it never goes higher than 20 fps.
    Is my htpc to weak? What cpu speed do I need? Are there any tweaks? I've read something that in/out color range must be set to YV12, where can I do this with ffdshow 20041012?

cu
    mariachi76

2. beeblebrox12

beeblebrox12

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your PC is too weak for video upconversion with ffdshow. Always include one more filter, like Sharpen, before resizing, to improve performance. You may set sharpening factor to zero, if you don't want to use it, but it needs to be checked off.
    Go to avsforum.com for tons of more information on how-to for ffdshow.

3. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    My P4 3.0 Northwood using FFDSHOW to scale to 1280x720 plus aWarpSharp peaks over 100% if I push the scaler too hard .. that should give you some idea of how much processor this thing eats.

Colour space conversion is not critical, set "Raw All" as input and leave the defaults as output and it'll work, later on you can fine-tune if you need to, but for now you need more horsepower.