ffdshow problems

Z

Zig

I have just built a HTPC system with the following specs:
AMD 64 3200 cpu
ASUS AV8 Deluxe mobo
512MB PC3200 RAM
Radeon 9800 pro

I had run TT2 with ffdshow on my 2500 Barton clocked to 3200, running the Blur and NR and resizing to 1280x720 Lanczos 4. My CPU usage in task manager was in the 90% range so I decided to upgrade to my current specs.
I have installed XP sp2 and have no other software installed other than TT2 and ffdshow. I am using the same settings as my old system and I am hitting 100% cpu usage now :(
The problem seems to lie with ffdshow, without it running TT2 uses very little cpu and windows media player maxes out the cpu when ffdshow is installed.
I have tried re-installing ffdshow, both the normal and sse2 versions (sse version always says a file is missing when installing sio have not tried that).
Can anyone help me to get this problem sorted? :lease:

Hard to understand at first sight, but then I don't have experience of AMD64s so don't know how software performs in comparison with Athlons and P4s. Enable one filter at a time to see which is causing the problem. Which version of FFDSHOW are you using?

I tried every version I could lay my hands on, currenty using ffdshow-20040801a_preview_SSE2 and after re-installing TT2 (without the 2.0.6 patch yet) I am happy to report cpu usage is 50 -60% with all my usual filters enabled. I haven't had chance to do much viewing yet, hopefully will get chance to watch a film tonight and put it through it's paces.

That's more like the expected figure really, there's nothing in the 2.06 patch that should make the slightest difference, it'll be interesting to see what happens when you apply it. AFAIK TT is entirely installed in its' own directory tree so if you save that before applying you can always back-out .. or use System Restore if you don't use something like Ghost, which has long been my preferred method of saving known good systems.

I have the same problem, I am using a 2005 sse version (regular doesnt work at all) so I will try to get the version listed above. I didnt think SSE2 was supported on amd64, just the p4.

I am hitting 100% usage running the same things above, but I am resizing to 852x480 for my plasma.

I got my current ffdshow version from here
I can confirm it works ok with mine.
However I tried the 2.06 patch again and TT just crashed :confused:
I have removed it again and back to normal, I will be leaving it alone until I watch at least one film :lesson: hopefully tonight.
What version of TT are you using mikeyavman?

thanks for that cpu link!

Zig, thats where I grabbed it from, I am going to give it a try now. I am using nvidia codecs and zoomplayer :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom