1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ffdshow filter

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Gary Lightfoot, Jan 31, 2003.

1. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,123
    Hi guys,

I'd really like to have a sharpness function for my htpc - I'm currently running a Radeon VE and although the picture quality is excellent, I would like to be able to reduce the sharpness a little to make the image a little less harsh.

Having seen an HT1000, and the effect reducing the sharpness had on improving the image, I was wondering if the same thing could be done on my htpc. It seemed to eliminate the 'crawlies' that can sometimes be seen in dark areas on some DVDs, and give the image a more 'creamy' and filmlike appearance.

I had noticed the same thing on my Sony 100hz tv, but didn't think about applying the same idea to my htpc.

I'm using Zoomplayer with ATI player 5 video, and WinDVD audio, and I was wondering how I could incorporate the ffdshow filter which I've heard will do this.

Any help or ideas appreciated.

Thanks.

Gary.

2. m0v1em4n

m0v1em4n

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +48
    Hi Gary,

if you are using zoomplayer, just install ffdshow from Here , i am using the ffdshow-alpha 2003-01-03 at the moment and put reference to it in your zoomplayer filter graph, there are some examples Here, you can then access the ffdshow from the (right click menu) Filter properties.

Not sure if you know mutch about zoomplayer filter, but some of the examples on the zoomplayer forum page us VMR and not overlay, most are created by Vern and he seem to know what he is doing, which is great because i am not to hot with graphs :D

steve