1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FFDshow complete refusal to work with DVD's in ZP

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by dan1979, Aug 19, 2005.

1. dan1979

dan1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +201
    I have a monitor set at 1024x768 and a pj at 1280x720, ffdshow is set to resize always to the pj's native. In Nvidia settings I have display full screen on second display - I open up any sort of avi/mpeg in any prog. and it works like a charm desktop on the monitor and full screen on the pj.

If I play anything without ffdshow (like standard WinDVD) I only get 1024x768 on the pj which is obviously no good, I've tried loads of nvidia display settings but they refuse to change the second display resolution above that of the monitor.

I try and use it with a DVD in ZP and it goes tits up. With WinDVD as the video decoder I get an erorr about libmplayer, with Nvidia codec it just crashes instantly and with an old PowerDVD I get large black borders either side of the screen. I tried it with a newer PowerDVD codec and that crashed after about two seconds of video. Everything registers and verifies fine.

I have the latest drivers for everything (GPU is a 6200) and have tried a couple of versions of ffdshow and ZP but nothing works - when I tried similar before with a totally different motherboard and GPU I had the same problems - I'm also using a fresh install of windows.

What I need to know is either how I can get video to display on the pj in 1280x720 or how/why ffdshow refuses to work with any DVD decoders :lease: