Fewer choice in HD since anytime+ ?

dodfaefife

Established Member
Reaction score
Before Anytime+ showed up the weekly premiers would be available in HD under Anytime. Tonight I wanted to watch 'Colombiana' in HD but there's no HD option unless I wait until it's scheduled slot on the premier channel. Is fewer HD options supposed to be better or have I missed something?

have I missed something?

Well, you've missed:

"Please note that this forum is for Sky HD hardware issues"

but I wonder if the lack of Anytime movies is because Anytime is currently jammed full of Olympic repeats?

As these work their way out of the system, I expect the weekly premieres to return.

Could be Olympics I suppose, I sure hope so.

My bad. I did miss the "Please note that this forum is for Sky HD hardware issues" probably because it's the seventh thread down the page after navigating from the drop downs 'Home Cinema – DigitalTV – SatelliteTV – Sky HD and Sky 3D'

They should stick the word 'hardware' somewhere more prominent in one of those titles. Cheers.

the drop downs 'Home Cinema
:confused:
It's actually: Forums > Digital TV Receivers and Services > Satellite TV > Sky HD and Sky 3D > Fewer choice in HD since anytime+ ?

Before Anytime+ showed up the weekly premiers would be available in HD under Anytime. Tonight I wanted to watch 'Colombiana' in HD but there's no HD option unless I wait until it's scheduled slot on the premier channel. Is fewer HD options supposed to be better or have I missed something?

The HD version is definitely available in my Anytime tonight now. Did you have the SD version?

Last edited:
:confused:
It's actually: Forums > Digital TV Receivers and Services > Satellite TV > Sky HD and Sky 3D > Fewer choice in HD since anytime+ ?

It's actually a badly designed nav. Calling a tab 'Digital TV' when it leads to 'Digital TV Receivers and Services', it's easy to then jump on to, what you mistakenly think is, 'Digital TV' because that's the drop down path. Next the large reversed out page header says 'Sub-Forums of Satellite TV' clicking this you're drawn by another large, reversed subhead titled 'Sky HD and 3D' by then you've already missed the small subtitle back toward the top of the page which that now says 'Digital TV Receivers and Services' which was't what you clicked on anyway so why would that catch your eye?

You're much more likely to notice it if already in a Forum section but not if you go from the AVF front page to 'Sky HD and Sky 3D' with one click as I could.

I promise to scrutinise the forum navigation much more closely if you'll forgive me this one time.

It's actually a badly designed nav
I promise to scrutinise the forum navigation much more closely if you'll forgive me this one time.
You're entitled to your opinion on that - as any other - point.
I don't use the tab system and find the list system straightforward:
AVForums.com : Free Home Electronics News, Reviews and Forums.
The idea of choosing the right sub-forum is to make it easier to get a specific reply.
Thanks for the comments and you've done nothing to bother me.

aka The Professionals.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom