Few questions about the Arcade Console.

MikeyK

Ex Member
Reaction score
My Elite died last night, E74 error code. Its being sent away for repair this week. While the elite is away for repair, im thinking about buying a Arcade to get my by, then when the elite returns, im thinking of either selling on the arcade or giving it my nephew as a birthday prezzi. But ive got a few questions about the Arcade that i would like clearing up before I go ahead and purchase:

1) Can I use my Elites 120GB HDD on the Arcade?

2) Can I play on XBOX LIVE on the Arcade?

3) Can I use my Wirless Network Adaptor on the Arcade?

4) Does the Arcade have HDMI?

5) Can I use my HD AV cables from my Elite in the Arcade?

6) Are the Arcades falcons, ie 175W power bricks?

Many thanks,
Mike.

1) Yes
2) Yes
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) Yes
6) Sorry, not sure about this one.

ok think i will purchase a arcade console tonight from game then, many thanks guys.

Just remember that some games with downloadable content have digital rights management and are locked to that particular console hence you may not be able to play that content on a different 360. A very good example here is Rock Band.

There was a fix released for the DRM, believe there is a thread going on within this very forum too which may help with that :)

I believe you can use the DRM tool to transfer everything over but you can only do it once in a 12 month period so if you do that when you get your elite back you might not be able to transfer back. Am not 100% sure though so check before you do it :smashin:

Deftones82

6. my wifes arcade is a 203w and is about 5/6 months old and has a HDMI port.

Mark.

yes to them all except the last as when my pro died i got to keep my 20 gig hard drive and so just bought an arcade.

mine isn't a 175w but does have hdmi but unlike me you should check before you buy one just to make sure.

i bought an arcade, its a 175w power bricked one. the brick is a little differnt to my elites 175w brick in that the new one has some little vents in whereas my elites power brick doesnt.

Don't do the drm transfer if its only a temp console though, just sign into live all the time, you can only do this transfer once per year.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom