Few days off is London open any recommends of things to do or should we head to Cornwall?

Notorious PIG

Oh btw, if you haven’t done Afternoon Tea at The Ritz, I’d highly recommend. Especially as it’s your birthday (happy birthday!). It’s an exquisite experience. I haven’t done it for a few years but it’s going to be a priority for my next London visit. They have four of five sittings daily, it does need to be booked but there seems to be spaces available right now.

I actually think it’s great value for money. Impeccable (but not stuffy/overly attentive), unrushed service, beautiful surrounds, lovely atmosphere, piano, the food is outstanding and it’s actually all you can eat. Well it was when I went, I’m sure it still is. If you want more food they’ll bring it for you. Don’t be shy. And don’t eat anything beforehand 😆

busterbenny2001

Distinguished Member
Thanks for your help!

we had dinner at the Ritz a few years ago and absolutely loved it!

Novotel has just popped up on secret escapes at £109 per night inc continental breakfast it’s now on my shortlist! :)

Notorious PIG

Thanks for your help!

we had dinner at the Ritz a few years ago and absolutely loved it!

Novotel has just popped up on secret escapes at £109 per night inc continental breakfast it’s now on my shortlist! :)
It’s definitely a good deal for Novotel, the breakfast is ok, it’s a actually a mix of continental and English cooked buffet, it’s fine if you’re getting it all inclusive. Novotel breakfast used to be very good before, but it’s definitely been scaled back, though I totally understand it as it’s been very difficult these last two years.

When we went on our little night walk back to our hotel (we met up with friends and did all day drinking) I popped my head into the Leonardo because it looked lovely and I’m nosy. the foyer looks very lux, I spotted a spa-type thing attached to it and their restaurant looks attractive with nice outside terrace thing.

busterbenny2001

Distinguished Member
I was obsessing about spa hotels but to be honest in London we won’t have time for spas will be out exploring, the deal went down to £89 a night including couple of drink vouchers and breakfast so that’s perfect! Now to plan the rest want a shard experience and one of those beef Wellingtons !

busterbenny2001

Distinguished Member
Pricing for tasting menu’s have shot up since I was last in London, plan to go for an afternoon tea at Bacarat as the head chef I follow on Instagram, and looking at 12.51 with chef James Cochran as I have not tried that, also the Shard and maybe a show, thanks for your help looking forward to it.

The latest video from AVForums

Maverick UK Premiere IMAX Review + Top Gun, Tom Cruise, Tony Scott and 4K + Movie/TV News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom