Ferrule Rings improve Freeview Digital?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by prologica, Mar 4, 2005.

Tags:
  1. prologica

prologica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I read somewhere that running cables through ferrule rings can help stop interference to digital channels.

When I recently got my Sharp LC32GD1E, it included 2 metal-lined clamps that I could not see mentioned in the manual. I then twigged that these could be to act as ferrule rings I'd heard about.

I contact Sharp to confirm and to find out exactly where to position them. I'm afraid they are very imprecise with their answers despite me being really specific in my questions! I did finally get out of them that a clamp should be fixed to the mains power lead where it enters the lcd panel. That's fine but what about the 2nd clamp? Should it be located at the other end of the same cable i.e. at the mains plug, or on a seperate mains cable that feeds the AV (tuner) unit, maybe where the cable enters that unit?

Can anyone advise me? And what sort of interference does it help prevent? Presumably not the sort of block-like effect I sometimes get which I take to be due to a weak freeview signal? (Something else I'm working on!)

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,350
    As close to the display as possible is the general rule , think they cut out some of thE RF Interference.
    Dont know whether or not they will have any effect on anything else.But the XBox lead comes with one already fitted . It won't do ant harm to try
    Atb
    John

3. prologica

prologica

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks John