ferrite rings & Ondigital & antennas!!

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by skysnapper, Jun 11, 2001.

1. skysnapper

skysnapper

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    Do they work?

I recently purchased a Hitachi C32W40DTN.
    I get a superb reception 99% of the time with an indoor ariel the only time i get interference is when the odd car out of all the passing traffic will cause the signal to screw up for a couple of seconds. Its very annoying when i'am recording a film
    Would a ferrite ring sort this out if so how many would i need?

I also have a access to a shared ariel its fine during the day but during the evening the signal deteriorates (I guess this is due to more people using the ariel) Hence i use my indoor one but would rather use the outdoor as it has to sit on top of the telly ;)
    Would a booster combined with ferrite rings solve this, although i've heard reports of boosters not working to well with onDigital receivers.

ta,

2. davewc

davewc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A Ferrite is unlikely to help - the problem is the interference getting into the aerial, not the cable.
    There really is little substitute for moving the aerial away from the source of interference, onto the roof.
    :(

3. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Traffic can cause interference to digital signals and the only answer is to shield the airiel on the other side of the roof. If you don't have these problems with the shared airiel, try sicking an ordinary booster as close to the airial as possible. Also try to eliminate as many joints as possible.

S

4. cpark

cpark

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a similar problem with digital signal deterioration on a shared aerial

I'm planning to buy an indoor set-top aerial and was wondering if anyone can recommend which one to go for and how much i should spend.

Is there somewhere with a friendly returns policy in case it doesn't improve things?

Calum