Ferrite Cores on shhh! you know where!

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by Mr Incredible, Aug 5, 2006.

1. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,688
    Just bought 10 off ferrite cores for £4.99 + P&P coming to £7.74 off a well known auction site. There are 6 remaining (10 per pack).

What I liked about these is that the hole is 13mm which has meant I could loop a Belden 1694A IC cable through it three times. My IC's are 2m long and way too long at the back of my amp, so I just "curled" them up in a round circular fashion (3 loops) and used the ferrite ring as a cable tidy as well!!.

At 77p each delivered these really knock the spots off those at the likes of Maplin which start at £1.49 each!

Grab a bargain whilst you can. :smashin:

EDIT: And it was a super fast delivery as well!

EDIT: Now only 4 left.

EDIT: New Auction opened

2. ash

ash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +396
    While we are on the topic of ferrite cores, what do they do? I got one free with my TV.

3. Warpaint

Warpaint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    A ferrite ring placed round the cable will increase the inductance of that cable. Higher inductance equates to a higher impedance to high frequency signals. (ie. RF signals)
    Generally ferrite rings, beads, cores etc. are fitted to cables in order to minimise high frequency interference. (radio frequency interfence).
    Some equipment is very susceptible to this kind of signal.